question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yes, I'm aware I don't get that heat ATW. I use a 6 flow wand from Westpak.

The Clean Machine

Name
Jesse
Here you go Marty : Page 6

http://www.cleanco.com/filedir/2f8a01acfbf2727ecae8ddc6de2885de1390835633.pdf

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

ITEM DIMENSION/CAPACITY
Engine speed 1450 rpm (high speed) Water Pump ON
Water pump rpm 850 rpm
Vacuum pump rpm 2650 rpm
Water flow rate 4 GPM (maximum)
Water pump pressure 1000 PSI (maximum)
Vacuum relief valve 10” Hg/56
Waste tank capacity 100 gallons (optional 120 gallon)
Console weight (with waste tank) 500 lbs.

JET SIZING:
Recommended floor tool tip sizing not exceed a total of “.045”. Using larger jet sizes on your cleaning unit may
reduce cleaning temperatures.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
14 inches is acceptable! Some Cleanco basher on another thread posted 12 for the 47 and 10 for the 56.

I remember seeing that but I think they're wrong. This is from the manual;

ydezygu8.jpg

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My Cleanco does say that ".045" about the flow. I'll take a small loss of heat to clean with 6 flow. I've been planning on trying 8 flow but haven't bothered with it. It cleans well where it's set. Maybe some people are used to a big slide in and using huge flow and won't be satisfied with any PTO?

The Clean Machine

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i'm sure others here can chime in here..
but it makes SO much difference WHERE you plumb into the motor and also which way the coolant is flowing thru the machine...
the hottest part of the motor is jus before it enters the radiator at the stat..THATS where you wanna come off and go to the HX...
i've seen so many that jus plumb to the heater return and think thats good......

AND ANOTHER THING.....i've got great results using the WM HX
as well as The Butler lik i pictured......
BUT there is a company called CHAMP that is making the old style Steam Genie tubes...$300 a pop and if you run FOUR of them you WILL get steam!

AND FINALLY..does the SS have a petcock to "burp" the HX....prolly a gulp of air in there.....

now pay Mikey for my plane fare!

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Sorry for the bad copy. It does say 14" of lift on the 45 and 47. I'd call Cleanco or TCS to confirm.

The Clean Machine

Name
Jesse
your manual matches whats online Russ. It's the 56 that they want you to run 10 on. Personally I think it's capable of 13-14 but it would probably see premature clutch failures especially if you run an upholstery tool for hours.

I think most of these machines are running the same clutches. My experience is that a serpentine drive system is stronger than a dual v belt.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Dadgum David, sorry to hear that it is a disappointment. My guess is you dumped over $25g's on the TM.

SS needs to buy that whole setup back. Then they can resell it or something.

You can get a Unit that performs as printed on the Brochure.

Sure it wont kill the blower, WTF! Why should any one of us be happy with killing 1-1.5 hrs a day preheating??

Not to mention the fuel consumption. Sure you can use that time wisely. Why change your whole routine around a TM that should get HOT!

David is a close friend of mine. If he is bringing these issues up it is definately a problem. This business is not a hobby of his.

My question is WHERE IS SS??

David runs a carpet cleaning company not a Fab shop for TM's.

Hope this thread saves someone else the hassle and loss of $$ on this unit.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Sounds like there is a communication problem between SS engineering department and there marketing department. Does not sound like they make the hottest TM made as stated in their brochure.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Butler bringing the high heat AND high flow! Must be a cult ;-)

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Curiosity is killin me
What is this high heat package fur the Butler? Highest I have seen mine hit was 190 in the peak of summer.

All the automotive guys are tellin me to stick with the lower temp stat to save wear n tear on the engine.

F

FB7777

" coupled with the Vulcan heating system the Pro 1200 is the hottest in the industry"

Typical marketing bullshit

My Keurig produces hotter temperatures than a Pro 1200

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Chris.. turn that sucka up hot.....
the only thing is you MAY havta replace the spark plug wires every coupla years ..
what' the big deal....? not even that if ya buy the good ones!
if yous ain't getting QD scars...yous ain't gettin' no heat...

F

FB7777

Will be interesting to hear how this plays out... I hope Sapphire doesn't officially release some engineering explanation regarding the reduced temps

The facts are

1, the machine is claimed to have tested holding 220+ degrees before delivery

2. Sapphire claims they have " the Pro 1200 is hottest machine in the industry"

I'm well aware of marketing exaggerated claims in advertising but either this machine produces high heat or its fraudulent.

And spare me the outside temps, waiting for a blower to warm up ( the biggest horseshit statement of all ) , starving the blower of air flow for 15 minutes nonsense

Butler prodiuces high heat as advertised with the turn off the key

Chris A

Name
Chris
How long, on the first job of the day, does it take to get to that temp? Do you cap off the vacuum to build heat?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Oh gawd not the plug wires again!

It gets hot Bawb but these guys say it aint hot enough.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Oh gawd not the plug wires again!

It gets hot Bawb but these guys say it aint hot enough.
granted..i wuz running Fords and NOT the crappy Chevys.....AND low flow scratch wands...
but i WAS getting steam.....and QD BURNS....
My guess IS either SS plumbed it wrong or used the wrong stat....OR
theres an air bubble trapped in the HX....i would HOPE they have a burper at the HX

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I want to make a few points here. None of this has to do with John where I bought the machine from. He is a stand up guy and if I buy a slide in I will buy it from him. I do not expect John to get involved with any of this. I expect Sapphire to take care of it. I have had a few emails from guys with some questions and I wanted to address them. "If the machine gets up to 210 temps when you pre heat the blower whats the big deal, you got the temps your supposed to get?" Here's my answer. 3 times in the past 10 days I stop in on jobs to see how the machine is performing and I found the temps at 175 when the guys are on the 3 or 4 th room. I ask why is the temp not over 200? I get oh sorry boss we forgot to preheat the blower. This will be an on going problem. Also I brought this to the board because it is obvious Sapphire knows about this problem and is trying to cover it up. I do not want any other cleaners to get a machine that is not performing as advertised. I also do not John or any others that sell these machines to get a bad rep with their customers. I just want what I paid for and I want a Sapphire to stand behind this. It also ticked me off that I never received a follow up call from Sapphire after they sent me to Nashville. When I bought my Butlers I got a call from the sales rep after the first week, then in 30 days, and again in 3 months to check on me and inquire how the machine was performing and I wasn't even having any problems. Why didn't I go get another Butler this time if they are so great? Well I have a problem with wanting the newest and greatest thing out there. new phones, ipads any thing techy I need to try it. I thought Sapphire was a safe bet. No biggie there will be more tm's in my future and I'm sure Butler will get my business again.

Reactions: Scott Rogers

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sounds kinda like you and John got the slip here.

Why you were sent to an outside mechanic while the machine is still under warranty is beyond logic.

That would be like the VW dealership in Detroit sending Bawb bugs to fix under warranty.

A real WTF scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom