Question for Larry Cobb?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I was just looking over your website and was wondering how your Pre-conditioner concentrate liquid compares to powermax in it's cleaning ability. I like powermax but really prefer a liquid if I can find one that works and is somewhat economical. Also how hazardous is it to my health?

Preconditioner Concentrate...Our Best Liquid
Gallon - $24.95 5 Gal.- $119.95
Our newest and most concentrated prespray! Aggressive liquid uses citrus solvent in addition to grease solvents to attack the widest variety of soils. Dilutes 36 to 48/1 with hot water.
10 oz./ Inline Sprayer; no resoiling. pH-10.5 (9 after rinse). RTU for 60 cents/gal. More Info

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Joey;

I think you will be pleased with the Dynachem Heavy Duty Preconditioner.

As a liquid, it has more solvents in the formulation for good degreasing & filtration line cleaning.

A new multi-surfactant blend also does a better job on factory-protected carpet fibers.

High dilution ratio makes it an excellent value.

Larry

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Greenie has a good point.

Giving an "after rinse" pH to a pre-spray product would insinuate that the product is both not very rinse-able, and extremely buffered, insofar as any unspecified rinse would leave the carpet and/or the prespray at a predictable & specified fixed pH.

IMO, just a poor choice of ambiguous wording as it specifies something that cannot be predicted unless you presume that a particular rinse agent is being used, which is however not indicated.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Shawn makes a good point. It's a shame that he feels he has to type like he's a university Ph.D. If he could find it in himself to type like a normal person, many more people could benefit from his input.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shawn Forsythe said:
Greenie has a good point.

Giving an "after rinse" pH to a pre-spray product would insinuate that the product is both not very rinse-able, and extremely buffered, insofar as any unspecified rinse would leave the carpet and/or the prespray at a predictable & specified fixed pH.

IMO, just a poor choice of ambiguous wording as it specifies something that cannot be predicted unless you presume that a particular rinse agent is being used, which is however not indicated.

Or maybe they used the exact right word being that they were talking about it's mixture in the inline sprayer. 10.5 in concentrate, 9 after mixing with your solution (rinse) line.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Art;

The pH indicated is with a rinse consisting of ...

WATER.

Any acid-side rinse,
or RO rinse would of course, lower that number.

Larry

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Shawn Forsythe
If the water adequately rinses the prespray, the resultant pH would be that of the water. Since water pH varies with locale, how can the product indicate a specific pH?

It should not indicate a specific pH after rinsing, if the product is able to be completely rinsed. The pH indication on the label insinuates that the pH is of the PRODUCT (after rinsing).

The bottom line is that the pH indication is not applicable and only serves to raise ambiguity, as Greenie's observation duly points out.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shawn;

The quote on pH was taken from a single paragraph description on the product.

It provides general information to help the cleaner make an informed decision.

Leaving out the "approximate pH" after cleaning would NOT help the user at all.

Larry

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Larry Cobb said:
Shawn;

The quote on pH was taken from a single paragraph description on the product.

It provides general information to help the cleaner make an informed decision.

Leaving out the "approximate pH" after cleaning would NOT help the user at all.

Larry

Larry, I'm trying to understand this. Is 9 the pH of the mixed prespray, or is that the pH of the carpet after cleaning?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Art;

Joey Johnston said:
... pH-10.5 (9 after rinse).

The mixed (ready-to-spray) prespray has a pH of 10.5.

With our Dallas water pH of 8, after a water-only rinse, the pH would be ~9.

With your Florida water pH of 7.5, after a water-only rinse, the pH would be ~8.4.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no idea if Larry knows what he's talking about, but I do love the fact that he types in a fashion that allows an Alabama redneck to understand what he's saying.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have no idea if Larry knows what he's talking about, but I do love the fact that he types in a fashion that allows an Alabama redneck to understand what he's saying.
Funny thing is I doubt seriously anything rinses out 100% back to neutral.

Larry on Sam's pixel 6 pro

Mikey P

Administrator
Speaking of Cobb I recently talked to a guy who I thought was a big Trinity op user and it turns out most of his accounts are grounded with a 300 RPM floor machine and PowerMax😵‍💫

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom