propane

Islandguy

Name
bob keenan
Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer propane from a large house hold tank to a 20 pound tank ?

ImperialCC

Name
Jason McCurry
Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer propane from a large house hold tank to a 20 pound tank ?
Les Jones, with Judson, talks about it a good bit when you purchase a propane truck mount and Little Giant heater set up. He says it is cheaper when you buy propane in bulk like that. The fill device looks like the one used when you are purchasing propane and he had a 100 gallon tank sitting there. (Not 100 lb cylinder.)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not sure if it’s legal to have bulk propane tanks in Pigsville, but if it is, I MIGHT consider a propane burner. I used to get really tired of having to drive out of the city limits to fill. That’s not the only reason I got tired of propane but it was a big part of the issue. The other reason was the film it left all over my glass and tools. Not to mention the heat inside the van.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Nate W.
Since your in Canada, I’d reach out to Ron Werner aka Turtle vac.. He was all propane but legal reasons made him switch..

Reactions: Cleanworks

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Back in the 80's when I had my 1st propane unit we had a small propane supplier right in town.
The office girls would just give us a ticket and we went out and filled our own trucks.

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Since your in Canada, I’d reach out to Ron Werner aka Turtle vac.. He was all propane but legal reasons made him switch..
You can do whatever you want as an owner/operator but the are questions of insurance if things go wrong. Doesn't meet safety regs if you are using employees. I safely used propane for years. Switched for the convenience. My Apex gets close to propane heat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom