Power Partners

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have talked about this some so I thought I would start a thread.

A power partner is any other company or individual that does a service that can be put into the same (broad) catagory as yours or is needed near or at the same time as yours.

Such as...We are all carpet cleaners so here are some examples of our power partners.

House Cleaners
Window washers
landscapers
Painters
Handymen
Carpet Installers and repair guys (if you don't do it)

Not to mention (too late)
Real Estate Agents
Property Managers
Escrow companyies
National contractors

and many more

The purpose of teaming up with these people is to give eachother work. Even if you don't take a percentage on jobs you find for them and vise versa, the referrals that you can give and get can really build your business.

For example
If Mrs whatserface is having her carpets cleaned and you notice her house is a mess. Let her know about a house cleaning service that you know of. She will trust you (as long as you are doing a good job) before she will look through the yellow pages

Which reminds me, you can partner up with more than one but make sure they are a good company that does quality work. Your name will depend on it.

This is similar to Letip or Bni, just not as official and won't be a conflict of interest.

Just some more ideas on how to grow your business

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh yea,
To get in with a power partner.

When you see a company that is doing quality work or has a good image, ask them for their business card and tell them that you need a good company that you can refer to your customers.

Right then that guy will know that you are trying to help him.
If you are able to refer someone to him first then maybe..and usually...the guy will refer work back to you.

Don't be afraid to tell them what you are doing.

Try to find OO's in any of your searches...or at least O's

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian Robison said:
For example
If Mrs whatserface is having her carpets cleaned and you notice her house is a mess. Let her know about a house cleaning service that you know of. She will trust you (as long as you are doing a good job) before she will look through the yellow pages

This one is touchy, I've always had a hard time telling my custy's that they are slobs... Even though I refer my cleaning lady's when people ASK me, I just stay away from bringing it up. I don't want to insult them is all...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks guys,
Keith,
Best way to do it is say something like.

" I have some other professionals that I refer out also, so if you ever need anything just ask me and I might know someone. Like if you ever get tired of keeping your house clean, have my house cleaner take care of it for you."

That has worked for me.
Then I refer my massage therapist to them as well using the "You work so hard keeping your house clean, you need to be pampered."

Something like that.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Learning how to refer folks is a definite skill. Once you get the hang of it, it comes naturally. Definitely something that can be learned though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom