Post card advice needed.

Mikey P

Administrator
I will be sending out a card promoting our January special soon.
What do you think would be the best day to get it in our clients mail boxes?
Considering the long holiday week ahead I'm not sure what would be best.

G

Have them delivered on tuesday or thursday. Mondays are often too busy and Wednesday (ODINS DAy) is usually junk mail day.
I prefer thursday delivery because it sets up the following work week.

F

FB7777

Tuesday or Wednesdays seem to be slower mail days out here which may give the piece a slight advantage of getting viewed.

I usually drop my postcards at the post office on Saturdays which assures them of arriving between Monday and Wednesday.

I don't believe there is any cold hard formula for when a sales piece should land however.

People are all different tho, and timing and the offer has a lot to do with the success of the marketing effort.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Arrive any day but Friday or Saturday if possible.

Like Fred we usually mail out on a Saturday morning. Justin runs cards Friday nights.

F

FB7777

I'd wait until the weekend after New Years, that said I'm actually holding off on my next mailing because it is icy and cold here right now, its just not gonna generate the response it should.

Out here weather has a lot to do with how well a direct mail piece performs.

Its a lot of work to put out 500 or so pieces, between postage labels etc... ( not to mention $300+ for our efforts )

G

If I drop them off at the main post office that handles bulk mail, they are sent the next day. We sort them by zip code and by street. Perhaps this speed this up. I think that Thursday (Thors Day) deliveries are best.

Do you send out your post cards directly or do you have a service send them out?
I get mine printed at www.4over4.com and put address stickers on them here.

Every customer gets a thank you card and then an "ad" postcard promoting general service and guarantees, just in case they didn't read about them on their invoice. THese are sent right after services are performed. When dealing with new customers it adds to the value and reduces the potential for buyers remorse..

I am trying to mix things up with tri fold color flyers sent in the mail. It seems to pull "OK" but i am trying a couple of different ad approaches.

I have a few customers stick the postcards to their refrigerator with one of our magnets. That is kinda neat to see that they like you that much.

Bob Foster

I would avoid get it caught up in all the boxing day sale stuff that comes near and right after Christmas.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would wait until after the first. Mail so it hits on a Monday or Tuesday.

Once the trees are down, the parties are over, the guests are gone, the returns are taken care of, the kids are back in school.

Then the customer can take a rest while you freshen up all the mess!!

Even with the cold and snow January can be a very good month.

A post card at the right time will help it to happen.

Dave_

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I have always for the last 13 years, had my direct mail (or companies I have worked for) have the flyer hit on thur/frid. The reason being, is that people are starting to think about their personal life again, instead of work. I get quite a few calls on Saturdays, to book appointments. It is because people are home stairing at those dirty carpets. When were gone for the weekend, the first thing we do is go through the mail when we get back. We check it all. So do others. Mondays are busy for a reason, and not because they got a coupon in the mail. Its because they got a coupon in the mail LAST week.

JMO

F

FB7777

I doubt the day of the week has much impact on the success of the piece.

As I said timing and the offer has more to do with it IMO

Out of the 500 that I send, I know that over 450 are hitting the trash straight out of the mailbox

Hopefully they saw our company name on the 'way down' and remember to call us when they need us.

If I get 20-25 jobs off it I'll be happy as heck

but personally , I'm waiting for after the holidays most likely the 2nd Saturday in Jan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom