Portable options

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
There is the Nautilus portable that will go to 1200 psi and seems to be built like a tank...but 150 pounds. Or the VersaClean which also makes a model that goes to 1200 psi and is 50 pounds lighter and is part of the Saphire Scientific Legends Brands so their dealers would be obligated to get parts and fix it< I would think.

Reactions: J Scott W

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
The Nautilus does look nice and very well thought out. I think to get all the features I want including auto fill and dump will put it out of the price I would like to stay in. Ive considered the 1200 psi Versaclean but my fear is with only one vac motor I will be disapointed in the performance.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I have the 12 gallon 500psi 2-3 stage edic. It's only able to push out 300psi with a 2flow wand and 2 water lines were defective. This sounds horrible but Matt at the Cleaners Depot had edic replace the lines for me and I don't need more than 300 psi. We do commercial jobs so popping circuits after hours can mean big money loss. So far using one cord for vacs and pump has yet to pop a breaker. Getting it up residential stairs would be a challenge. I like it because it works for what we need.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have the 12 gallon 500psi 2-3 stage edic. It's only able to push out 300psi with a 2flow wand and 2 water lines were defective. This sounds horrible but Matt at the Cleaners Depot had edic replace the lines for me and I don't need more than 300 psi. We do commercial jobs so popping circuits after hours can mean big money loss. So far using one cord for vacs and pump has yet to pop a breaker. Getting it up residential stairs would be a challenge. I like it because it works for what we need.
Makes you wonder why they call it a 500 psi machine. You would like better off with the 220 psi diaphram pump that edic has available. You will get 160 psi on a 3-4 flow wand. Add the edic heat and run heater with it's own power cord and you have a decent, basic portable.

Reactions: Wing It

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
We don't run portables very often. Probably break it out once a month. When we do it's generally just for spots or small areas. My guys have used it with 15ft of 1.5 hose and a 2 jet glided wand and say it dried fairly quickly. I've done spots with 50ft total of 2inch to 1.5 whip and didn't have a problem. When we use it, it's for commercial which means I'll probably have 2 hourly employees making the bucket brigade possible. If I were cleaning homes by myself I probably would have a pump out and not care so much about how many amps a cord has. I did get the external heater in case it had to be used in a restaurant. Now that we have 2 butlers I doubt the edic will ever be in a restaurant unless we pick one up in a skyscraper.

Name
jack zerkie
I have the same EDIC and you need to check your jets in the wand. I use more than 1 wand and it reads different on the truckmount than on the portable. Worn jets make great difference on the pressure reading.
The EDIC is a nice unit but it won,t go up the stairs easy or without help.jz.

Reactions: Wing It

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Dealers will finance these machines so if you have work for them, they will pay for themselves quickly. Then there is the used market...ebay etc. Good luck!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But do you really want to make payments on a dust collector.

Rent, borrow, hell, steal one. Yeah thats it steal one. :winky:

It really depends how often you need it. If frequently, buy the biggest and best. If infrequently, Craigslist and then sell it once you're done with it.

It makes very little sense to dump all the profits from the job and end up with a little used machine.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
But do you really want to make payments on a dust collector.

Rent, borrow, hell, steal one. Yeah thats it steal one. :winky:

It really depends how often you need it. If frequently, buy the biggest and best. If infrequently, Craigslist and then sell it once you're done with it.

It makes very little sense to dump all the profits from the job and end up with a little used machine.

Hey Toto- Beyond Kansass , there's a great big world out there. Not everyone lives in ground level sod houses.

See the Chavez sky scraper estate below.....

sod-house-plains-a_zps8m4rkldh.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom