Phone ringing off the hook....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
And then I wake up sometime around noon wondering why I haven't had a call all week......

Anybody else slow?

Or do I just not have enough market share?

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Gotta run specials this time of year - mail to your database. It's the only thing that gets us through each year.

January is always a good month for us. February blows chunks no matter what I do.

Tom Servo

B&BGaryC said:
And then I wake up sometime around noon wondering why I haven't had a call all week......

Anybody else slow?

Or do I just not have enough market share?

I am the same if I did not have a hotel that I am every week I would be in trouble.

----------------
Listening to: Eric Clapton - Hey Hey
via FoxyTunes

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
residential has been dead since about 2 weeks before Christmas

empties, apts and com has been sparse "at best"

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My four dealerships that i've been doing for 25 years...just skipped a cleaning.......

"CALL ME IN MAY"

Hope yous squirrells been savin' yor nuts.....

TimP

Mikey P said:
Post cards.

And get into Tile and Stone.

I ordered 1,000 post cards and I already do tile and stone. Only thing I've done is some commercial jobs. I've ran the truck 3 days this month and netted around 1100. I out bid Rex on one of them, but I did it as cheap as I could is why. Got a min job later this week, a couple jobs in the works. A commercial and their home. Looking pretty bleak. Although I've taken in over 1 grand in installs so I'm staying above water but cleaning has been dead as dead can be for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
TimP said:
Mikey P said:
Post cards.

And get into Tile and Stone.

I ordered 1,000 post cards and I already do tile and stone. Only thing I've done is some commercial jobs. I've ran the truck 3 days this month and netted around 1100. I out bid Rex on one of them, but I did it as cheap as I could is why. Got a min job later this week, a couple jobs in the works. A commercial and their home. Looking pretty bleak. Although I've taken in over 1 grand in installs so I'm staying above water but cleaning has been dead as dead can be for me.

Use your free time to wine and dine the flooring retailers in your area

Ricky Thurman

Wow,
I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about my $2500 so far this month in only my 4th month with the new business. But $2500 sure as hell don't pay the bills!

TimP

I would but they are my family....I let them see their grandson all they want...isn't that enough. 8)

But yes if you get a flooring retailer behind you it helps immensely. I get a ton of referrals from the business.

Becker

Name
Becker
It is slow, but no slower than last year.

By the end of the week if nothing changes I'll only do 10 jobs this week.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
However i must confess...when a custy calls...i say that....i jus had a cancellation and i can work them in.....

steve r

im not knocking them dead but ive been getting some nice jobs lately, all referrals.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've actually been relatively busy, not summer busy, but solid. I am running a 20% sale on just about everything this month, I only do that once a year, I think next month I'll do a uph. sale, I'm thinking "have a sofa and LS cleaned, get a chair free," something to that effect. I know a lot of you guys don't run sales but you gotta do somethin' when the calls stop.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The dead of winter is my time. I look forward to it all year. Vacation for a week or two, repair equipment, book all jobs to the days I'm working, and have entire days to do nothing. Once the work season begins, it never lets up. But like Bob says, make sure you put enough money away throughout the rest of the year.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
very busy week this week and it has been a great January for what I was expecting. I was lucky enought o have a break today but got to get back to work at 1:00

Name
Jesse
"Other services" has saved us the last two months, residential carpets broke even. We've been rocking the construction final cleans. I've had to get our carpet techs scrubbing concrete to keep em busy, now there spoiled.

Rex Tyus

Typical January for me. Would be above average if I didn't have low balling hack running around cutting commercial rates to ridiculous levels.

Just kidding TimP. :D

TimP

I was worried about a different competitor like I told you. I would of charged more if I had known it was only you I was bidding against. I did get more money out of them than the bid. And they were very impressed they didn't expect it to come near as clean as it did. I usually charge more but this was a bid and I needed the work like I said, and I did make money at the price.

TimP

I don't feel that bad cause I know you do more business and make more than I anyhow. Actually I've been wanting to go for a ride with you one day I would this week but my son is sick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom