Paying employees on salary

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Does anyone pay their office staff or managers salary instead of hourly? I see the government is trying to step in and make companies pay the salaried employees over time on hours over 40 per week. I know that some fast food places abuse this salary pay by making a 21 year old kid a "night manager" even though his main function is to mop floors and run the register and working him 60 hours a week so they don't have to pay overtime but for honest companies how will this effect how you compensate your salaried employees?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Well that would suck! Because my salaried dispatcher works from home and does other tasks and even has a part time job that she can work while answering the phone for me. In exchange for this flexiblity- she makes herself available nites and weekdends (within reason) to answer the phones. Its a system that works for the both of us.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you have a salaried position that requires more than 40 hours per week, spell that out clearly in the job description. The employee can decide whether the job is worth the pay.

If you don't abuse your employees you have nothing to worry about. It's the big corporations that make their salaried people work 60+ hours per week or make their commissioned sales people do other tasks that keep them from earning sales commissions that will get socked.

You know, law firms, auto dealers, Nordstrom...

Back
Top Bottom