Our friend Ken Snow

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I learned a lot from him and we had a lot of similar circumstances in our lives, he handled his different than I handled most of mine. Ken was very different and open about things in his life. He had trouble w gf kids here and there and the day to day bullshit we all have he had as well. No one would ever know because he hid it well. He was one happy fooker though but dealt with hios deal of shit. I could give almost the same eulogoy I gave my brother because Ken was truly a great man

Last edited:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
WOW, I'm shocked, Ken was one helpful and generous guy. Unbelievable how quick things change. Thanks Ken.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'm shocked. I don't read this forum much but remember not long ago Ken being in the hospital and posting in here. I thought this was the same thread. Sounded like he was fine.

So sorry to hear. Only met him once but read alot of his responses to posts.

Albert

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
You know, I first read about Ken's death a couple days ago. I wanted to take some time and gather my thoughts before I commented and the thing is I just don't know what to say... I'm still stunned. He was a great guy. He will be remembered fondly by all who knew him and he will be missed.

To Ken's Family: Thanks for being part of what made Ken Snow a guy that we should all aspire to emulate. Please accept my heart felt condolences. Rest assured you aren't alone in your grief although I won't pretend to know the depths of it. That said, somehow, I think Ken would want you all to go sing Karaoke and smile while you remembered him. That was what made Ken so awesome he really wanted to improve the lives that he touched even if for the short time he was in the room with you. Something tells me that The Good Lord has a great spot picked out and ready for Ken. He'll be waiting for you and he'll have the crowd warmed up when he passes you the microphone.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Its taken me a few days to understand what's really happening here. I find myself checking in so frequently every day to see what all of you are saying about Ken, and about how you feel about losing him, and most importantly, how you felt about knowing him.

Its group grief therapy...plain and simple...and beautiful and right.

Thank you all for helping me through this difficult time of loss

F

FB7777

So true Jim, this is the first thread I read when I check in.

I hope everyone on MB reads this thread ..... and contributes.

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree and have even asked former MB members who benefitted from Ken in some way to contribute here.
Knowing that Ken's family is reading this, it will be interesting to see who is willing to lay down their virtual swords to pay respect..

I've been very fortunate in my life to have so very few people pass away on me. Ken's death is by far the most monumental, so far.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'm still at a loss for words. Only solace I can find in this is that Ken went fast and didn't suffer for months or years only to die a slow painful death. We will all go at some point most of us won't have the chance to say goodbye or the good fortune to not suffer a prolonged and agonizing death. It was only befitting that Ken didn't have to suffer long and got to say his goodbyes. He deserved that. He was a good man through and through and he will be missed but his example will live on forever. BSBD Ken...see ya when I see ya...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Its taken me a few days to understand what's really happening here. I find myself checking in so frequently every day to see what all of you are saying about Ken, and about how you feel about losing him, and most importantly, how you felt about knowing him.

Its group grief therapy...plain and simple...and beautiful and right.

Ive spent more time on MB in the last few days than I have in 2 months. I find myself reading every post over and over again several times a day with a mix of different emotions. Ive lost many family members to cancer, and I seriously hate that disease. Its ruthless, unbiased, and destructive. Ive watched people slowly wither away to an agonizing death, and as mentioned Im thankful Ken didnt have to experience that.

Ive enjoyed reading everyone's experiences and stories as they have brought many smiles to my face. I laughed really hard about he and Mike's text convo. Even toward the end his amazing sense of humor was still intact.

Reactions: -JB- and Terry

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Kens 1st answer on his background in Mikes interview with him in Dec. 2006 covered a lot about him and I'll paste below.

" I came from the school of hard knocks, taking a break halfway through my junior year of college and joining Hagopian via a recommendation from a friend. I have been here ever since, almost 27 years. I grew up in a family of accounting
link1.gif
minded people, financial officers and CPA’s so numbers and logic always came easily to me. Being a Gemini, I have the blessing or curse of duality, so I also like people, being creative and teaching. I was planning on being a psychologist, but life took a turn and here I am. My experience, knowledge (whatever that is) and growth has been literally from making many mistakes, and from a number of wonderful mentors, some of which do not even know they mentored me, like Jim Pemberton, Mark Violand, and many others in Michigan and elsewhere from out of the industry"

He may not have become a psychologist in the doctorate sense but his creative interests of people and animals thought us a lot.

Everyone should go back and read that interview and it should be a must read for all newcomers to the industry.

Seamus Heaney the Nobel laureate was buried in Derry, Ireland on Monday and it was said of him ""a man who could speak to the King of Sweden, an Oxford Don and a neighbour from south Derry with the directness of a common and shared humanity". I think we could attach that line to Ken Snow also.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
The forum will never be the same without his wisdom, his level thinking, his willingness to share.

Besides his swishy pants, he has a lot of class.

We have all lost a huge asset!

Not sure anyone can fill his shoes, or the void he has left us with.

That said, the man upstairs, will be getting a huge deal on his red carpet at the pearly gates.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I didn't see this until today so I guess I had a somewhat better weekend than most of you. But now it has hit me. I had the privilege of being chauffeured around by Ken at the last Mikey fest. What a great guy. We are lucky to have known him. Goodbye buddy.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
... please find a way to stop.
I would beat Ken up (kindly) on this every time I saw him! And every time Ken would grin, hang his head and promise me that next time we talked he would be tobacco free.

Steve

PS Just to echo Brian, please, please, please stop smoking. There are so many factors health wise we can't control. But smoking?

harryhides

Name
Tony
This is such a shock and it is hard to get my head around this news.
Ken was such an inspiration and well it's all been said before so well by so many MB'ers already.

Rest in peace Ken, you will be sorely missed.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like to thing it wasn't just the smoking..........just too painful to think that if it was all from smoking that he could have stopped.

:cry:

I lost my dad in January and 3 good friends to cancer in the last year and a half.......out of the 4.....dad was the only one that smoked....
I know many...many people who smoke.....and I will be the first to admit it does increase your chances......My grandmother died at the age of 96 and the woman smoked like a diesel truck..... the reality of it is...you just never know.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"a diesel truck" LOL

96, she lived a good life

My father also died from prostate cancer and never smoked a day in his life. I agree Jim smoking is never a good idea. I've been on my employees, Dan is on his son ever since I told him about Ken. He's still helping people even though he's gone. :icon_cool:

Reactions: Brian H
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Rest in peace Ken you were one of the industries smartest people, many of use learned plenty from your postings on all the boards over the years..You will be missed!

Brian L

Name
Brian L
So sorry to hear about this. Ken was one of the good guys for sure. He left his mark on this board and any karaoke bar he ever entertained.

God bless him.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom