Opinion on these 2 photos

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Trying to decide which one to use. We re-shot the fleet last Sunday cause the shadows were too much on the original. Lots of retouching will be done to improve the parking lot and building appearance.

kenssample3.jpg

Kenssample.jpg

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I like the second too. It has a bit better light and the one car doesn't look like it's about to escape. With that said you and perhaps a few of us are the only ones that are ever going to look at it twice.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Couple clarifications- this is a very rough shot- will look better when photo shopped (generic term).

Part of our goal was to get a large part of our facility in the picture as well. Our Rug Cleaning Spa starts where the lower wall Genie is and includes the rest of that building going back (garage building is way in back but you can't really tell the separation from the angle.

This will be used in our new commercial cleaning brochure, small poster sizes will be hung in all our lobby entrances and will will take large posters and/or banners with the photo on it for shows.

Bob- the jiggly bars are all across and own the street- we are not in Detroit.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken... DeToulet starts at the middle yellow line ....out front!
Do you ever go down there past 9:00 PM or so.......?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob- the jiggly bars are all across and own the street- we are not in Detroit.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
bob vawter said:
Ken... DeToulet starts at the middle yellow line ....out front!
Do you ever go down there past 9:00 PM or so.......?

I have often worked past then Bob and we have crews out almost every day later than that, but I don't typically come down here to hang out after 9 or any other time except work.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Here are larger versions- thanks Richard!

Hagopians.jpg

Kenssample.jpg

Bob- you gotta come down here sometime.

Ken,

Since you are so proud of your employee's... :idea:

Why don't you have them ALL huddled in the center isle..."to put a FACE/SMILE to
the operation.. :?: Or office staff & management in the forefront & a tech in front of every
Van. This would project a more PERSONAL touch to the company... LIKE!

I realize this would be a scheduling night mare...BUT...IMO would really enhance the IMAGE..!

ps..Someone GOOD, could photo-shop them into the picture...JUST mark off the spots in the parking lot...with a "X" tape spot for positions... eat shit!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
I think it needs to be more of an aerial shot, the perspective does not do the fleet justice.

Yes!

And I don't like where the 3 trucks in the back are or the 3 vehicles to the left.

Work on that. LIKE!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thanks for the input. We have lots of employee pics. May try to put in the picture as well as elsewhere in the brochure.

The choice is which pic u like better, all additional comments are welcome but not germaine.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
On the face of it purely as a photo, the first is more pleasing to the eye, or at least my eye.

Any photo should tell a story in and of itself.

The first draws your eye in more easily with the 'funnel' effect, down through the row, and the direction of the truck at the end points your eye to the building, where you then see the signage.

The second photo, is just that, a picture not a story. that 'misplaced' van breaks up the flow and the eye doesn't follow a pre determined path like the first.

John

PS. One other thing, and this is totally subjective, what about photo shopping the name onto that right hand front upper corner of the tall white building just for the photos? It'll bring the eye to it more easily, but it may have other ramifications as well, what if people drive in expecting to see it, then they also might think, well if that's photoshopped, how much else has been too, ie number of vehicles etc

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
On the face of it purely as a photo, the first is more pleasing to the eye, or at least my eye.

Any photo should tell a story in and of itself.

The first draws your eye in more easily with the 'funnel' effect, down through the row, and the direction of the truck at the end points your eye to the building, where you then see the signage.

The second photo, is just that, a picture not a story. that 'misplaced' van breaks up the flow and the eye doesn't follow a pre determined path like the first.

John

PS. One other thing, and this is totally subjective, what about photo shopping the name onto that right hand front upper corner of the tall white building just for the photos? It'll bring the eye to it more easily, but it may have other ramifications as well, what if people drive in expecting to see it, then they also might think, well if that's photoshopped, how much else has been too, ie number of vehicles etc

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Chester said:
The choice is which pic u like better, all additional comments are welcome but not germaine.
ooOuch! that's gonna leave a mark Brian. A purple one, have Jen cover it with some makeup! eat yor heart out Werner

I think your lipstick should do it. eat shit!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thanks John- there is a marquis out front and also our name on the tall part of our plant building. The genie is iconic for us and the entry door shown is where our rug cleaning drop off customers come for this location.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I doubt this type of photo is impressive to a customer. A customer might be more impressed by a photo of your staff or perhaps some photos of the rug plant in action. The photo is for Kens ego only. You have allot of trucks, so does the GM dealership.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey P said:
I think it needs to be more of an aerial shot, the perspective does not do the fleet justice.

I can assure you you don't want an aerial shot. Hagopian is a diamond in a very rough area.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ken Snow said:
Trying to decide which one to use. We re-shot the fleet last Sunday cause the shadows were too much on the original. Lots of retouching will be done to improve the parking lot and building appearance.

will you be adding a flag lined blvd?

I like the lower pic best.
I like things organized
no one and nothing is more UNorganized than my life...but i still LIKE things organized

..l.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol Art & Larry. Mike or Ace- nice shot but no cigar. My commercial sales team talked me into the investment and as part of their enticement to me, volunteered to spend 5 hours of their Sunday helping get the vehicles in position etc. I realize I offended you somewhere along the way, but I hope at some point you can let it go.

A

ash_d

Ken, side note: I noticed the vehicle towards the front on the left appears to be a Transit Ford Connect. Are you running a truck-mount in that vehicle ?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ash, the Ford Transit Connect and the Chevy HHR do not have carpet cleaning machines in them. They have specialty stain removal products and equipment. My guy who drives the Transit loves it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom