New Types of Flooring

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The flooring world has gained many acronyms in the last couple years and more are on the way. LVT, LVP, now WPC, SPC and so forth. Increasingly greater detail, texturing and embossing to look like hardwood, stone and other surfaces. This is where the manufacturing execs expect the growth to be for the next several years and they are investing heavily.

Many are being sold as low or even no maintenance required.

Are you being asked to clean this type of flooring? How are you cleaning it? Are you seeing it in your client's homes? Are you concerned about the trend?

Name
Matt Ross
I have a janitorial account that put I marmoleum about a year ago. They claimed "almost no maintenance." I've found that to be false. The seams all get really dirty and require cleaning, but you can't use much moisture, so it's a pain.
We have a credit union with one of the products you mentioned above. It works ok, but isn't holding up to commercial amounts of traffic. Ive used my crb to clean in the grain texture. Bottom line is that all floors need cleaned, and will require some maintenance.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yes i clean them now, thanks to mikey showing me.. my 175 with white pad and nuetral cleaner will show them how dirty the floor still are after mopping with bona or with whatever custy use...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Custy will use mop n glo because those floors aren't shining enough...up to us to clean that up and apply better stuff instead

Name
Matt Ross
This is what has happened to one year old new fancy flooring where a rolly chair sits all day at a credit union I clean. Its ruined. Overall the floor hides dirt amazingly well so I don't complain.

Attachments

• 15241922750376155000668128863223.jpg
    15241922750376155000668128863223.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 131

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom