NEW guru Jim Wolverton

Tile Nerd

He's been around writing marketing stuff for years. He was there when Joe Polish 1st started packaging marketing materials. Joe still uses a lot of Jim's stuff. Jim is a great copy writer. I think Jim was instrumental with a lot of Joe's early copy writing, but I'm not 100%. I do know that he as in the "inner circle" if you will that developed a lot it.

Why are you asking? I know he's been working on something. Is he marketing it now?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jim

Wayne is right. Jim has been there since the beginning. He is one of the unsung people behind Joe's early days. Not sure what he is doing today.

Tile Nerd

Re: Jim

billyeadon said:
Wayne is right. Jim has been there since the beginning. He is one of the unsung people behind Joe's early days. Not sure what he is doing today.

He and Jeff Bull were both there.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
a few years ago he posted for a short time on the encap forum and shared freely some great copy for commercial CC'ing sales...i still use that stuff successfully. my current comm only biz was built off that free copy. at the time he was available via email and helped freely that way to. he was just starting another CC'ing biz with a friend...dunno if he got out of the work side of things again or not.

i bought a cheap cassette tape with him and polish off eBay a few years ago...check ebay sometimes it's there to hear what he has to say. he sounds much more down to earth than the other --- to me.

thanx --- Derek.

Cameron1

Terry,
as much as you know about Joe Polish, and as long as you have been a die hard polishite are we to believe that you really do not know Jim?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I talked to him a few years ago about the cimex and Rick's juice before I bought one

at that time he was getting back into carpet cleaning

John Watson

Big Jim is a SFS ulumni, we were in the same class back in Roselle in the late 90's.

Yes Jim contributed alot to Joes stuff after the 3rd or 4th year I believe.

Jim has had some health problems, Like Derick said he made a small come back on a couple of the boards.

Jim has alot of great advice for certain types of business, but it all can be tweaked to fit any.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Never heard of him so I ran a biz search

“LIKE NEW CLEANING COMPANY”
Jim Wolverton, 1124 SW KINGS PL Dallas, Oregon 97338

Registered 1995- business dissolved 10/1998
No other business entities or associations with business entities exist for Jim Wolverton in the state of Oregon!

If he was so successful why dissolve and fold his business…. ?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
steve said:
And who said he was successful?

I'd assume someone that's gonna tell me how to market and be a successful cleaner is one himself and done well not folded in 4 years.

DevilDog

Wolverton has been around for awhile...he was for a long time associated with Joe Polish.

From what I understand he writes some damn good copy. I think he had a fairly famous pink flyer that a lot of guys wanted to get a hold of.

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom