Mytee Escape Electric Truckmount

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
[/I]
Who is the typical user?
Cleaner who wants machine to be truckmounted.

Their number one reason for buying a ETM is?
More vacuum & pump power.

[/B]
Larry

Based on these two answers it seems reasonable to conclude the typical buyer would be either a new person to the business or someone already in business that runs portables and looking for a step up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hogjowl

Idiot™
Marty;

We sell both types of TM's . . .

A conventional TM has a higher dollar value than a ETM.

I think The Escape will be fairly close to the #36 blower TM.

The Escape ETM are fairly hot items in today's market.

I'm sure we will test both @ 100 ft.

But remember the ETM is on wheels, and can be rolled into a closer location.

Larry

P.S. New Escapes are shipping to us on April 12th.

I am open to having my view changed on this, but it will take a combination of your testing AND field reports from RESPECTED users to change my mind on this. I've been burned a few times by bulletin board fads from a universe far away.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Marty...

so what is your direct experience with electric truck mount.

simple question

LOL ... for those of you that don't know ... Mikey is quoting Brevik's one and only response to my comments about his EWIT over on the "allsixofus" board.

My answer to this is ... WHO THE HECK HAS ANY experience with these units?

Mikey P

Administrator
Snicker...

How many things in life is there no need to experience first hand to know dead to rights that you want no part of?

Being a sub for Greg Cole..
Eating fully developed chicken embrio..
Driving through the state of Mississippi..
Going to a Vancouver Canucks home game..
Marching for animals rights alongside Ken I hadchickenfordinner Snow
Going to a Lord of the Rings movie
Sitting through a IICRC color correction class
Smoking weed with Bob Vawter and Hoodledink..
Going to a mall on Black Friday..
Responding to one of Marty's which way does the O ring go PMs..

Or clean a carpet with any thing less than a 45 blower machine...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My answer to this is ... WHO THE HECK HAS ANY experience with these units?
I ran one for many years, they are not awful but not as easy as running a conventional fuel fired TM.

Dealing with cords is a pain, they are heavy and you'll need quite a bit of length for when parking extended distances from the home. Then their is the issues of tripping breakers and the extra time in setup and tear down. You will have fuel savings over the TM however if you use LP for heating your water, some of the saving will be negated for the cost of LP.

Where we found the best use for them was wheeling them into commercial work sites, running out of a restroom, janitors closet or stairwell worked much better than running multiple hose lengths.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I ran one for many years, they are not awful but not as easy as running a conventional fuel fired TM.

Dealing with cords is a pain, they are heavy and you'll need quite a bit of length for when parking extended distances from the home. Then their is the issues of tripping breakers and the extra time in setup and tear down. You will have fuel savings over the TM however if you use LP for heating your water, some of the saving will be negated for the cost of LP.

Where we found the best use for them was wheeling them into commercial work sites, running out of a restroom, janitors closet or stairwell worked much better than running multiple hose lengths.

I have an electric truckmount and my experience is quite different than Richards. (I actually clean with mine everyday) Easy to run very minimal maintenance or stuff the break down. The cords are no problem. Mine are on reels and come in at the same time as the solution hose. I haven't tripped a breaker in years. You don't have to park far from the house. In fact in cold or rainy weather you can park right in the garage and shut the door. (Try that with most other truckmounts and you are dead.) Propane is less the 20 Bucks a week and your truck doesn't have to run while cleaning.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dave glad is working out better for you than it did for me. I didn't hate them like I do portables but coming inside with cords was a pain I could have done without. I ran it daily too since no one else wanted the electric TM, I never felt it was quite as good as the gas fired but maybe it was just me knowing it was powered by electric. ???

All that dicking around with power cords just wore on me and eventually we brought it in-house and bought another gas TM. :biggrin:. It made sense in the 70's with the energy crisis and yes, maybe some day it will again as fuel continues to rise. I for one am glad I won't have to run one again!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Dave, thank you for sharing your experience with whatever portable you have mounted in your van. However, I really mean this as kindly as is possible to communicate while still being brutally honest, but I think I was clear that I am looking for dependable information from reliable sources. While I am sure you are a nice guy, it didn't take me long to learn that your take on things is always a bit on the unusual. As a result of this, I find myself skipping over almost all of you posts, and ignoring the advice in those I read.

I am looking for people known for giving clear and accurate information.

For instance:

Paul Brown is running one of Bob Savages rigs. I trust Paul. He is giving me some really good information about the rig he runs. However, even though Paul is the guy telling me this, I have a hard time believing that rigs pulls 320 cfm at 100 ft, and with a booster gets close to 400 cfm. However, I am willing to give Paul the benefit of the doubt and give the unit a look (if I ever have the chance), simply because it is Paul telling me these things.

falcans

Name
Richard
i actually have both gas truck and an electric truckmount electric portable i love the etm setup you save money on gas plus maintenance on expensive parts on your truckmount eh pump blower or motor... if something fails swap out the motors and your back in business and it only cost you what? 120.00??

falcans

Name
Richard
Who's ETM are you using?

savage beast 1 motor but i cannot use it anymore because i have my gas truck mount..... i'm revising the whole idea anyways thinking of doing something different 6 motor design my welder is cheap to work with i think he can do the body and waste tank for under 500.00 that materials and labor included!

2 people are interested in my setup atm so i hope i can sell my gas truckmount....

It does alright it actually does a good job my savage beast got 100ft+ np and had carpets dry in under 5 hours

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well ya so says the ETM guys. I agree with fuel savings but setup and tear down have to take at least 5-10 minutes more than conventional gas TM's goofing around with power cords.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The testing of ETM vs. Gas-Powered TM will be done like our TM blower testing was done last year.

Each 4' x 8' plush carpet panel will be sprayed with the same 12" two-jet Wand for 1 minute to thoroughly wet the pile.

Then using the exact same hose and wand, the vacuum level will be measured with a digital gauge at the actual wand.

This vac level WILL tell us which machine has the most CFM thru the carpet.

And this is why ETM are becoming more powerful:

View attachment 1858
Electric Vac Efficiency has gone from 25% to 45% over the last few years.

Larry

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Larry considering that a ETM will perform the task at hand I feel that their are many more benefits to an ETM that are being overlooked. Just to name a few of the top of my head are as follows. Cost and repairs of a heavy weight truck for a conventional gas powered TM compared to what is needed for an ETM . Initial cost of unit and amount of time spent on maintenance and repair cost of an ETM compared to a conventional TM. Time taken to fill and dump fresh water tank and recovery tank of a conventional TM. Cost of supplying your own water and running out of water mid day with a conventional TM. Cost of Hose reels and solution reels ? may not be needed with an ETM depending how you are set up. I could well imagine their are more examples. I can well imagine that the net profit of ETM ownership would well outperform that of conventional gas powered TMs. Larry it would be good if you would make up a side by side comparison chart so that the difference can be clearly comprehended by the masses.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Interesting post.

Question: Just how portable really, is the Mytee ETM??

Also, what is it's weight?

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of this machine, but having had the Rotovac with that bloody big water tank underneath has given me a new appreciation for portable machines.

With the Rotovac, it's very awkward to get in and out of a van.

Going up stairs is ridiculous.

An upright portable is so much easier due to the weight distribution.

An exception to this, I feel, would be the TF3500 that I also have.

Friggin heavy, would not attempt to take it upstairs, and to load / unload from a van, it is easier to tilt the machine to one side and get one front wheel on the van deck, then lift the machine to put the other front wheel up there.

Then you have to roll it in until the rear wheels make contact and are then lifted up and into the van.

Getting it out is also something different. :madd:

Back to the ETM, it appears to be configured similarly to the Rotovac, IE; it's a long machine, more than an upright machine.

This raises a couple of questions that I alluded to earlier.

How easy is it to get in and out of a van, especially with those tiny little front castors.

I very much doubt one man could take it upstairs.

I think the ETM would be a better proposition bolted down in the van.

Most residences I encounter, 80' of hose will go from the van to the back of the residence.

Does anyone remember the old HydraMaster portable that came out probably 18 years ago with a small gas engine that was run on lpg?

It looked like a box on wheels.

Supposedly was going to be the ducks guts for all commercial work where the truck mount could not go, and would suck porty's up the hose easier than sucking Grannies custard.

:very_drunk:

FredC

Village Idiot
I too would rather have a portie.............

When did "our ETM cleans just as good as the absolute shitiest truckmount you can get" become an accomplishment?
"Oh Joy" Mytee has an electric 1971 Ford Pinto....(If you buy the generator ran by the 2013 Express to plug it in to)

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinL

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
There is a reason why Brevik preaches inch and a half wands. Toy wands belong with Electric machines. A Toy is a Toy.

Golden Wand

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Although there are casters for the Mytee Escape, it looks as cumbersome as the old Workmaster as far as taking it out of the van and inside for cleaning.

The ETM that I use, breaks apart for an easy inside trip. 42 lbs. for the vacuum unit, and 26 lbs. for the high pressure pump.

It also uses a 2" 4 jet wand (4 -#2 jets) with no problem on water recovery.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
What Mytee should do to make it portable if needed is have it on sliding system like to old Powermatics 1150. That was a beast of a machine but a snap to pull it out click on the legs with wheels and your good. The same could be done with the ETM It's only 200 lbs compared to about 900 like the Powermatic

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry, do your re-engineered mytee portables provide the same level of performance that the ETM does?

Or do we have to wait for the BBQ to find out?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry, do your re-engineered mytee portables provide the same level of performance that the ETM does?

Or do we have to wait for the BBQ to find out?

The ETM has Max 2200 AirWatts . . . ,

the Workmaster that I think Richard is recalling, had ~1000 Max AirWatts (45% of the Mytee ETM) . . . ,

The Breeze 84 has 1346 Max AirWatts . . . ,

The Breeze 84 with a 8.4" Booster would have 2020 Max AirWatts . . . ,

so it would be very close in vac power.

The ETM has the 1000 PSI General Pump,

so it would still win on overall cleaning effectiveness.

ETM Parameters - Weight 200 lbs. Footprint - 22"W x 30"L x 40"H

Two 12 gauge Cords from House,

10" Rear wheels, 4" Front Casters

Larry

P.S. Fred - I have some very good cleaners, who utilize #3 TM's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom