My "Secret" Marketing strategy for Facebook

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So Steve T brought it up but I thought I tell you all how I do it....just for the hell of it. Oh and because I would like this room to actually do well.

Really it's simple...so simple I can sum it up in just a few sentences.

Those little ads on the right that you see on Facebook...you can pick and choose who see's those....but you already knew that right?

Anyway, go to Facebook and create a profile...which I'm sure you've done

At the top right, there is a "create and ad" link that you can click on....it's right above the ads.

Follow the directions and get your ad created.

The trick is to pick the correct "demographic"...You don't want too many of the wrong people looking at your ad.

Here's a screenshot for one of my areas as I am creating the ad

facebookad.jpg

That's not too hard....none of this is hard

This is the second part on the same page...I'm going low price right now for this at ad $5.00 per day...so about $150.00 per month...I have other ads running.

facebookad2.jpg

You'll see that sometimes as you add different targets, the population goes down...that's not a bad thing.

Really the less people who see it that are MORE likely to click and use you....the better.

Why? Because your total cost will come down with hopefully the same amount of customers.

Let me know if you have questions....I really had to do this in my hurry up mode. lol
I gotta get out of here.

By the way, I did a bid of about 75 cents a click..you want to make sure and change what they tell you to bid to something a little more manageable.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
That is a lot of great information, Brian. Hopefully some will pick up on it. There has been a feeding frenzy around Google and that is great. BUT we think in a lot of ways Facebook is more manageable and much more targeted. Here is Andres Tobar's take on it from way back in June 6 months ago. (Which is the Dark Ages in Internet time.)

http://sfs.jondon.com/5172/blog/so-can- ... m-facebook

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I would never say "we told you so" but we did!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By the way... I list my website on the ad for the clicker to be directed to.

If your website is less than desirable, you may want to create a fan page and direct traffic to that.

Or get your website fixed. !gotcha!

Just remember to put your contact info on the page.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I tried FB for about 6 months acorss two seperate businesses, with different strategies, FB pages, website links etc and barely broke even.

It's been possibly 6 months, so maybe I'll have to try again.

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's ok Fred...I give all my "secrets" away for free.
Hint..."Secrets" in " "

You're right though. Big companies like Groupon and Nike probably do horribly with them. :roll:

It's seldom the advertiser...it's usually the ad.....and then of course what happens after...or doesn't happen.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm not Groupon on Nike...but I'd like to be.
If I can follow their example with out the millions in ad money...I don't mind.

Groupon made themselves from FB....starting with those ads and of course using the social networking aspect.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Post some numbers then ...lets say dallas

Show me why I should be advertising on facebook................show me how your ad outperforms other ad placements

I just agreed with you about not be a millionaire..I'll try to be less subtle next time.

I've made more from the social networking than the ads.

But it's still a great way to target our demographic.

I'm not posting numbers...I'm not that kinda guy...you know how it is about keeping it on the down low right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom