My H.U.G. Program

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, took a little from Steve T's Stay Beautiful Program and took a little from Big Mike's 1 price fits most program.
Mixed it together with my own screwed up mind and came up with the

H. ome
U. pkeep
G. uarantee
Program

Let me know what you think. I kinda threw it together really quick (after thinking about it and speaking with Jen about it for the last week or so)...it's always a work in progress. lol

H.U.G.

I spoke to one lady today to get her opinion and she was all for it.

I came up with this on my ride home from Nashville...I guess the 11 hour drive was worth something...hopefully. :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Cool Brian- if you wash sheets and change the beds, clean mirrors and counters and dust it will be like a maid service and if you price it like them ($75 for a 2000 sq ft house) it will be very successful. I guess you have to add some for the carpet cleaning :-)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The idea is to stay in the customers face and make a yearly income from them that may or may not have been there before.

vac the house every 2 weeks
quick traffic area clean every 3 month
good clean open areas ever 6 months.

I think it's good for the customer for the maintenance and it's good for business having monthly income.

1 story house will be $468.00 a year AND will be easier to clean because of the regular maintenance....I might only see $200.00 a year or worse for most of the houses with just carpet cleaning.

There are ad ons they can do as a 1 time payment like upholstery vacuuming for $15.00.

If I'm there every 2 weeks, the chances of them becoming a cheerleader are better, upsells like tile and grout cleaning are better....etc etc.

AND if I get into the house cleaning business here then it's almost already set up.

Ken, I couldn't tell if you were being serious or not. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dmirf1@msn.com said:
That is not what I took away from SFS. Every 2 weeks, no way!

Just a quick vacuum. If I can get someone on a route to do 7 a day...that's not bad.

Edit: Besides the gas it took to get to the house...there is very little overhead.
If you route it right, those should fall in between carpet cleaning jobs during the day anyway...that's if I or you do them.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I was serious- though I am not sure how you will make much profit going to someone's home 26 times a year with 4 of those being carpet cleaning trip at 468. That equals $18 per trip for at least an hour plus drive time, fuel etc. I would imagione you will never see the homeowner on these jobs if they are anything like me. I have never seen my maid serice people, only the initial estimator when I hired them. They have a key and do the doo while I am at work.

If you do not add the wiping down and cleaning mirrors you may find it difficult to attract customers who will get it all from a maid service though at your price point you might.

Ken

Name
Bruce
Ken Snow said:
I have never seen my maid serice people, only the initial estimator when I hired them. They have a key and do the doo while I am at work.
Who ever is in charge of the BDCC list , can you please remove Ken from it, thanks. 8)

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Possibly your dumbest / gayest idea yet. The profit from each yearly contract is less than an average one time carpet job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hmmm....getting some negative reviews I see.

Again, I don't think anyone is thinking about the "extras" while doing this program. Upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning, cheerleaders, neighbors, family members etc.

Yes, you should push this stuff but being in their space all year long will make it easier.

That ticket total by the end of the year ...every year is more than most will ever make on 80% of their customers....trying to shrink the 80-20 rule.

The vacuuming will take almost no time AND make cleaning easier. The traffic areas on any average house should take an hour or so. Open area about the same because you will just have cleaned the traffic areas 3 months ago.

Filling in the blanks is the whole idea of any business to make money where you might not have to begin with.

I can't argue with Ken because he has a better mind for business than anyone I've met here. But I still think if done right AND getting those upsells etc during the process....it could be a good thing.

It's one of those "are you sure about yourself" things.

You only leap into the water if you know you can swim or if someone pushes you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On each visit to the home I can leave behind goodie bags with promotions in them as well...there are millions of things that can be done to take advantage of customer letting you into their home.......NO not that Bawb. :roll: shiteatinggrin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hey go for it and see if it works like you believe. You can always cancel it quickly. Personallly I don't think you will ever see many clients to get the opportunity to bug them for the higher profit work. I had to tell my maid service to stop doing follow up calls on me cause I didn't want to deal with it (told them I would let them know if I wasn't happy).

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was putting togther a program but a little different it was an actual maid service but it was all inclusive. I was going to have the women I refer out cleaning to clean and I would touch up the carpet six months and fully clean them yearly as well as furniture and tile. I would break the numbers down and they could pay for everything either weekly or biweekly and not get slammed with a large bill and that way they didn't go to long between cleanings. It would be a contract

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've got it on my website...so we'll see if anything happens from that.

Once I get some marketing material, I will offer it while in the home.

I may just mention it to see what happens.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brian,
I do really do admire your enthusiasm and energy but take the high road for once. Your half right, once you get in the home upsell to MAXIMISE PROFIT! not break even. The same people that have their carpets cleaned are likely to have lawn care, maid service ect. If you want to be a one stop shop go for it but bid at industry average or above.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You're going to charge $500 a year for all this. You'll have to take a look at your costs and time. Carpet cleaning alone is going to eat up that $500.
Lets see if we can tweak this more, take each service and determine a value that will bring you more reasonable profit.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My average ticket for the Dallas area is right around $200.00. Those customers I hope to see in a year but let's face it...not always going to happen...even with the magnet on the fridge.

If I can get $500.00 a year from them I'm happy to do a little more work.

I don't anticipate ever spending more than an hour at each average house....esp when just vacing.

The vacing and the 3 month cleaning will make each visit easier and easier.

The upsells is where I will win and the referrals etc are where I will win bigger.

This is a marketing thing...not a carpet cleaning thing.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Why not go into full maid service include carpet cleaning.
1: Full hwe annuallly
2: Traffic pattern 6 months
3 Emergency room 1x per year
4 Maid service 2x/month
1500 sq ft house $100/visit = $2400 x ?????

PS: I do not do house cleaning. :oops: maid service here to

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just raised the price from $39 1 story and $49 2 story to
$49 1 story and $59 2 story.

I feel much better about it. 8)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
so, following the other thread that was posted, where would you max out in clients served per year
or are you going to sub this out such that the number would be unlimited

Following Big Mikes program, what about $600/yr ($50/mth), includes full maid service throughout the year , 2 visits per mth + carpet cleaning every 6mths, + 2 spot cleanings if needed
Keep it a flat rate so there are no extras except for those upsells of services not incl in the maintenance pkg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've always believed that if there is "too much" work to be done...get more people.
whether it be an employee or sub.

I think adding the maid service at the price would be too much.
I like the just vacuuming part and then a touch up at 3 months and a good clean at 6 months.

Like said, I don't think I (or whoever) will be in the house very long at all no matter what.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Personally I would stay away from maid service. Typically it bills for around $25 per hour or less where carpet cleaning is 3-4 times that rate.

I do house cleaning. But, it is only empty for sale homes. I do the in between times since I have the key and they typically bill between $600-1200 for 1.5 days work.(Carpet cleaning and house cleaning.)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Your full of shit Yoakum and another thing it bills more than $25 an hour and has a weekly to biweekly following. If you made $350 a year off 1 CC client and had the same client for home cleaning and were paying going rate for house cleaners you personally would make $30 bucks an hour so $60 a customer biweekly(my house is weekly) would be $1,500 a year. The average is $100 a home and it is typically 2 hours with 2 girls or 1 hour with 4

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
Your full of shit Yoakum and another thing it bills more than $25 an hour The average is $100 a home and it is typically 2 hours with 2 girls or 1 hour with 4

You call me names and then you prove my point of, house cleaning typicly bills for around $25 bucks per hour. ?????????????

"The average is $100 a home and it is typically 2 hours with 2 girls or 1 hour with 4."

Take $100 then divide it by hours worked. Then divide by number of employees.

Example $100 / 2=$50, /2= $25

or $100/ 1=$100. /4= $25

$25 bucks per man hour just like I said.

Thanks for proving my point, Greg

What a pal !!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
your an idiot in the last post where did I call you a name

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
next it bills whatever you want it to bill. You didn't say man hours. A guy pimping out cleaners will make more than $30 an hour just for scheduling cleanings and the more jobs the more money. The going rate here is $300-350 a week cash for up to a 10 hr day. I was saying you were full of shit because you denounce cleaning then claim (realizing you advertised it) that you get 600-1200. That is why you are full of shit. Again for my own curiosity are your kids involved in your company? Mine are

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom