my feet are killing me, what kind of shoes do you all wear??

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man it has been a looooooong week...my best week ever and i need to get used to it..hopefully.
i wear new balance 808's but am in need of some new kicks and was wondering what everyone was wearing.
dave

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Re: my feet are killing me, what kind of shoes do you all we

davegill said:
man it has been a looooooong week...my best week ever and i need to get used to it..hopefully.
i wear new balance 808's but am in need of some new kicks and was wondering what everyone was wearing.
dave

I got a pair of rockports and they seem to work fine for me. Not quite as good a shoe as they were before Rebok bought them out, but still pretty comfy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I use to wear New Balance, when ever I wasn't wearing my Ariat boots. Luddy has me wearing Asics Kaynos and they are pretty nice!

Luddy isn't as dumb as he looks. :lol:

J. R. Nation

Redwings , the Bruno Magly of work boots . Cost more , but man do they feel good . Last about two years.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Keen

Probably one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. They have a sole that forms to your feet. Good stuff!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Redwing 6" boots. Arch-support insert. Almost two years serviceable life.

Have gone through several pairs.

Problem with leather (Redwings, anyway) is prespray dries it out and it cracks prematurely. Need to keep it well-oiled.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
michaelfabian_1967_34333946

the fella at Bostonian where i bought my 1st pair said they're what most Dr's buy since they're on their feet all day. these are the most durable shoes i've ever owned - i'm hard on my shoes. and they are super comfortable and stay that way...last pair i bought on eBay : http://tinyurl.com/27t54f

thanx --- Derek.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
J. R. Nation said:
Redwings , the Bruno Magly of work boots . Cost more , but man do they feel good . Last about two years.

Redwings are nice... Very spendy... which raises a question:

I bought cheep shoes and they wore out in 3 months of cleaning with 70hr weeks. I then spent almost a hundred dollars (a lot for a cheapskate like me) on some new balance cross trainers just to have them wear out in 3 months of 70hr weeks.

If I spring for a really good pair of shoes like the redwings, will I really get more than a year out of them and still have them be presentable?

If I blow $200 on a pair of shoes that only lasts 4 months I think I might have to cry.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have bad feet and I've had dozens of different shoes from big buck to pay-less cheap.
I've found the ones that are best for "my" foot are Avia cross trainers.

I bought a pair years ago and they were one of the most comfortable for me.
So, I went back and bought ALL they had in my size at 3 different Shoe Carnival stores.

I'm on my last pair now and they've discontinued that particular model

So, I search now for another shoe that fits "my" foot well.
When I find one, I'll buy as many of them as I can find

PS, personally, I can't tell if it will be a "good" shoe for my til after I've worn them a day or two.
I've bought some that felt good in the store, but not so good after a day or two in them.
That's why when I find a show that fits me well, I go back and buy more

..L.T.A.

ron markam

I wear Nike all condition gear. Boots in the winter shoes in the summer normally look for the air max these are made for trail running and most are waterproof. Now MARTY why didn't you just tell us you have bad feet instead of using words that I have to google? lol

Jester

I've been wearing moccasin style house shoes for years. I retired my feet after i got out of the Marines. :D

redbird

I bought some neopreme shoes. They are waterproof slip on shoes. I wear 2 pairs of socks with them. I like not getting wet feet.

I got the shoes at our local SAM's Club.... Hate to admit it, they were 15 bucks! 3 months so far and still comfortable

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I usually buy a wide cross training type of shoe, Nike or New Balance, and buy the inserts that mold to your foot

the inserts sure help a lot

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
cool...great info.
i will post up what i end up with.
i am going to swing by the redwing store today to check them out and will go from there..
thanks.
dave

p.s. i am glad i am not the only one with hurtin kickers..

-JB-

Name
JB
Keen.

Very comfortable, they have a rounded off toe which is great for when ya gotta get down and spot, no more wearing out the toes. They also last a long time. I have like 5 pairs!

keen1.jpg

KeenMens.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom