my apologies to Terje Brevic

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You don't put soda in baby bottles.

Don't you remember the 6oz cans?

a96725_a474_Russian-express-cans.jpg

Bob Foster

Talk about a thread flogged to death.....this ETM stuff is in its infancy. Don't be too critical of any of the people who are willing to develop it because the good that will come out of it will benefit all of us in one way or another.

You probably noticed that Terje won't dignify this thread with a response. Besides, he's too busy building another unit to put in his micro box truck.

Name
John LaBarbera
Brian R said:
So to T, Les and John or anyone who is savvy.

Can an van engine produce the amps needed to run the machine?

I think it would be cool to just plug it into your van and run it....Unless the outlet situation of the job was ultra convenient.

A mix of PTO and ETM.....Sorta kinda.

Yes, the military use such right now. The company that makes them is here in Cali. It's like an alternator but produces 5000, 8000 and 16000 watts, epending on the unit. Diesel produes it at idle and gas at about 1000 rpm. It produces a pure sine wave so that is better than your house electricity. It also produce power while driving so it could heat water in a tank on your way to a job.

Name
John LaBarbera
Mikey P said:
Curious if either makers are providing UL rated machines?

Good question. Mytee has not submitted it to UL or ETL, as yet. We won't even be in production until next month.

gavin

I don't think the nortic 1 is just ETM, yes it's electric for the Vac and Pump, but he is using a LP heater. makes sure that there is plenty of Nice Hot water when you need it.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Derek said:

The reality is Terje owes Bob Savage a very big thanks for apparently getting 'free advice' years ago on how to 'help other Bane users with electric truck mounts and boosters'. Terje later put his own ideas into a very cool design. It's nice to see John from Mytee giving credit to Bob and his early work in pioneering the field (he was not the first either but has done allot for the concept). Mytee should get credit for developing their own ETM that breaks the mold (sorry for the pun) and bringing a fresh innovative look to the concept. All three manufactures are unique and have important differences depending on what is important to the user. It would be silly to say one is 'better' than the other. All three will continue to sell machines if they provide the support needed. They are a niche market at this point and I do not see that changing any time soon. IMO, they require a more careful, intelligent operator and are better suited to owner operators who get to know what the limitations are and how to work with them in producing excellent results.

FredC

Village Idiot
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Brian R":5co5fr0u]So to T, Les and John or anyone who is savvy.

Can an van engine produce the amps needed to run the machine?

I think it would be cool to just plug it into your van and run it....Unless the outlet situation of the job was ultra convenient.

A mix of PTO and ETM.....Sorta kinda.

Yes, the military use such right now. The company that makes them is here in Cali. It's like an alternator but produces 5000, 8000 and 16000 watts, epending on the unit. Diesel produes it at idle and gas at about 1000 rpm. It produces a pure sine wave so that is better than your house electricity. It also produce power while driving so it could heat water in a tank on your way to a job.[/quote:5co5fr0u]

sounds super high tech...

what is the difference between these "like an alternators" and a belt driven generator head?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
FredC said:

what is the difference between these "like an alternators" and a belt driven generator head?
They are super expensive and the installation in a vehicle would not be practical at this time.

If the ETM is designed correctly, it doesn't need a generator - period.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bob Savage said:
FredC said:

They are super expensive and the installation in a vehicle would not be practical at this time.

But it needs electricity....I like a self contained unit (if I were to own one) and don't want to run more cords, hose etc etc.

Looking for convenience and efficiency.

If what John says is super expensive....Then it's a no go.

But the thought it there.

How soon until you just pull the electricity out of the sky? My Sonic tooth brush almost does that. shiteatinggrin

Name
John LaBarbera
Bob Savage said:
FredC said:

Hi Bob,

How about enlarging on your comments.

What is the cost?

What do you mean "impractical"?

Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
You probably noticed that Terje won't dignify this thread with a response. Besides, he's too busy building another unit to put in his micro box truck.

yeah :roll: , he spent half the day yesterday shooting and posting up a video of a pile of fudge brownies a customer left for him on WOC.

he is swamped!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gawwwd this thread is still going?
Well I might as well toss in one last insult since Bacon breath isn't pulling his weight.

With all due respect to a very intelligent list of builders and manufacturers of electric trucks mounts, I've lived through electric TM's once and I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to do it again.

If this is truly a paradigm shift, I don't want to have to use a ETM again.
Heck I think I'd much rather be a hated rag spinner like Brian than to go to an electric TM.

There, did I offend everyone ......or did I miss someone?
:mrgreen:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Josey Wales said:
If this is truly a paradigm shift, I don't want to have to use a ETM again.
Heck I think I'd much rather be a hated rag spinner like Brian than to go to an electric TM.

There, did I offend everyone ......or did I miss someone?
dawson_crying.gif

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Way back in the day, I bought a used electric unit that mounted in the truck and had wheels o you could roll it out if need be, it was made by Steam Genie....and Electro-Genie. Okay it was a POS and I sold it right away, but still. I think it was made in the 70's.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Josey Wales said:

Less overhead, happy customers, growing bank account and yes...even some clean carpets. :shock:

Hate away. blowme

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the key to a viable lectromount
("viable" meaning anything other than a niche market )
lays in building one that can spin a #4 blower at full capacity without excessive (meaning not "practical" for CC'rs) electrical needs

til that happens, they're boxes with electric vacs and will never be anything more than glorified portys

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

Call them whatever name you want but they can and do clean carpet well. The niche market ain't too small either.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
Call them whatever name you want but they can and do clean carpet well. The niche market ain't too small either.

you tradin' in your positive displacement blower any time soon, Bob??

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom