More then one Domain name for one website

Chris A

Name
Chris
We have 2 excelcarpetcleaners and carpetcleaninghudson.com. the hudson has worked really well (in hudson obviously) and market the other one to other areas. I think were gonna do a couple more of the carpetcleaningmycities sites for other area.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doesn't hurt.

I have a few domains pointed to one or two sites.

I think it's more for the customer's than the search engines.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
do you have to have those domains hosted like you do your main site?
I was thinking of getting a few more domains, ie carpetcleaningsooke.co (.com) etc etc
If I need to host them I may as well put a home page on that domain then link them to one site.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can just buy the domains and do a 301 direct to whatever site you want. You don't have to have hosting.

Yahoo has a deal where you can get a domain name and 1 email for $35.00 per year.

But a domain name alone is about $10.00 per year.

F

fence

Brian R said:
You can just buy the domains and do a 301 direct to whatever site you want. You don't have to have hosting.

Technically speaking a 301 redirect wouldn't be needed or suggested in this scenario, instead a just set up a simple forward.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody said:
Brian R said:

And how do you do that ?

When you buy a domain from Godaddy or other, there is usually a "manage your domain" area where you can set up forwarding. In the process of forwarding it will usually ask.

The point of the 301 Permanent forward is to tell the Googles that is isn't just a temporary forward....but it doesn't matter because you can always change it.

Go figure.

F

fence

The point of a 301 redirect is to tell the engines your site or page has moved and any credit this site/page has (pagerank), to please carry it forward to the new and permanent site/page.

If you have a brand new fresh domain that has never been used, and you want to point to a different domain, then just use a simple forward.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a significant amount of domain names
Neteorkhomeservices.com
Networkhomeservice.com
mynetworkhomeservices.com
networkhomeservices.co
many many more

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do have 12 domain names after cutting 8 this year I think it is money well spent. I am finally putting them into action this year with the small ads in local newspapers in a couple weeks that simply say Local Carpet Carpet Cleaning www.DuxburyCarpetCleaning.com Or Best Local Carpet Cleaning www.HanoverCarpetCleaning.com switch any of those towns with weymouth, Marshfield, Norwell, Scituate, South Shore, and a few others

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom