Mitey Mike - A Big Truck For Instance!

Dick Jones

A Big Truck For Instance!

A PTO, driving a 6008 blower (720 CFM) and a pressure pump is connected to one 220 gallon recovery tank, and you are using two wands.

Each wand would have 360 CFM available.

If both wands are sealed down to carpet at the same time then each wands suction is balanced and equal.

If one wand is lifted off the carpet then the balance and suction is unequal.

If you are only using one wand you are wasting fuel by turning the too large of a blower for one wand, which requires 34 HP and then bypassing all the extra CFM.

If something on your blower breaks, you are out of business.

If something on you pump breaks you are out of business.

What If?

A PTO was belted to two 4007 blowers (495 CFM each), (one with an electric clutch) and two pressure pumps and connected to two separate, 110 gallon recovery tanks.

When only one wand is used, only blower #1, pump #1and recovery tank #1 is operational.

When using two wands, simply activate blower #2 and recovery tank #2.

This saves on fuel consumption because one 4007 only requires 19.8 HP.

Each wand has 452 CFM available.

One wand can not influence the other.

As for pump #2, only activate it if pump #1 fails.

You ever have a blower failure and had to replace a 4007 versus a 6008.

This is the only TRUE dual wand design. Its almost like having two fuel efficient, single wand machines in the truck.

One of the goals at JUDSON is to achieve “ZERO DOWNTIMEâ€Â

Farenheit251

I'll be looking at a Big Daddy w/ the v8 350 tomorrow morning. John says it burns just over a gallon per hour w/ the engine not even feeling the 6008 as a load. 15 years of cleaning and still haven't had a blower fail. I have a theory tyhat daily usage is important and the worse thing you can do is let a machine set unused. Brian E

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nice idea...I have another one to add to it..

maybe ill give a call on thur..

after talking to a mechanic its the only way i would run a PTO

Name
Jesse
The W/M Pro 2000 is like that but needs more power. It can easily be configured to run 1 wand with both blowers and both tanks. It only has 1 pump though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom