Anyone have a leaky Sapphire 570?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I bought a new 570 a year ago and as much as I like the machine, I’m progressively getting more pissed about having to disassemble the machine for leaks. First time was for numerous leaking joints in the cooling system. Second time was for a failed water pump and now the radiator has sprung a leak and the only way to get it fixed under warranty is to lose a day or more of work to get it done or fork over 1700.00 for a new radiator on my dime. Just venting but it would be nice to meet in the middle with Sapphire to minimize money out of my pocket to get it fixed by swapping radiators so I can install it myself.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I bought a new 570 a year ago and as much as I like the machine, I’m progressively getting more pissed about having to disassemble the machine for leaks. First time was for numerous leaking joints in the cooling system. Second time was for a failed water pump and now the radiator has sprung a leak and the only way to get it fixed under warranty is to lose a day or more of work to get it done or fork over 1700.00 for a new radiator on my dime. Just venting but it would be nice to meet in the middle with Sapphire to minimize money out of my pocket to get it fixed by swapping radiators so I can install it myself.
My buddy bought one with 3k hrs on it and had to replace the coolant heat heat exchanger and water pump due to wear and shipping or freeze damage. Not too big of a deal but your radiator problem shouldn’t be a problem.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So much for having a good looking machine . The f*cking antifreeze stains the frame and anything painted. I ordered a new radiator today.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Slide Ins leak:
Blower oil
Pump water
Motor oil

The contraction and expansion that occurs during the summer months is unavoidable...

PXL_20240502_233946407.jpg

Keep the outside clean and presentable and do what you can but obsess on your Harley and your home flipping projects, the TM is futile..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Slide Ins leak:
Blower oil
Pump water
Motor oil

The contraction and expansion that occurs during the summer months is unavoidable...

View attachment 127084

Keep the outside clean and presentable and do what you can but obsess on your Harley and your home flipping projects, the TM is futile..

We have found that a good coating of oil spills on the floors of vans protects the the floor from the chemicals that are spilled on top of it... :biggrin:

One we had in here had so much powdered detergent all over the oil that coated the floor and unit that it created a perfect amount of detergency when pressure washed to suspend the oil and leave the unit clean!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Yes. My coolant exchanger likes to leak coolant at the connections

Name
Nate W.
I have heard that you could literally eat off Douglas machine and van floor, he keeps it that clean.. :clap:

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I just bought the 570 and am waiting for install. Definitely gives me an uneasy feeling to hear this, but I know ultimately all machines do break down. Did (do) you have any issues while under warranty? If so, I hope the manufacturer took care of you with coverage?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I did the fittings this winter, then the water pump started leaking so I replaced that. Then the radiator started leaking. I put some sealer in it to get by until I got the new radiator. Yesterday, the water pump was leaking again so I ordered another water pump and will get it done this weekend. The inside of the machine is a disaster at the moment

• Wow
Reactions: Nate The Great

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I did the fittings this winter, then the water pump started leaking so I replaced that. Then the radiator started leaking. I put some sealer in it to get by until I got the new radiator. Yesterday, the water pump was leaking again so I ordered another water pump and will get it done this weekend. The inside of the machine is a disaster at the moment
Doug, at how many hours did you start having issues with the machine? I just ordered my unit and am starting to think I should cancel the order and go with something else.

Edit: Also wanted to ask, did the manufacturer cover any of your repairs?

Last edited:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Doug, at how many hours did you start having issues with the machine? I just ordered my unit and am starting to think I should cancel the order and go with something else.

Edit: Also wanted to ask, did the manufacturer cover any of your repairs?
I have almost 1000 hours on my machine. The repairs would be covered if I wanted to give up numerous days of work to get it repaired. I chose to buy a new radiator out of pocket so that didn’t happen.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
I have almost 1000 hours on my machine. The repairs would be covered if I wanted to give up numerous days of work to get it repaired. I chose to buy a new radiator out of pocket so that didn’t happen.
Ah - Got it! That makes sense. Thank you for sharing!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, I got my new pump today for the 870. That thing is BIG. I'm paying a guy to install it, I just don't have the time to do it, and I don't want too.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, here’s another kick in the balls with this radiator situation. I took the leaky radiator into my local radiator shop to have it repaired and they said it is likely not repairable due to the fact that it is made from aluminum. In my opinion this is complete BULLSHIT. That said it’s a 1500.00 repair to replace the core.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So, here’s another kick in the balls with this radiator situation. I took the leaky radiator into my local radiator shop to have it repaired and they said it is likely not repairable due to the fact that it is made from aluminum. In my opinion this is complete BULLSHIT. That said it’s a 1500.00 repair to replace the core.
Aluminum can be tig welded or brazed with silver solder. Find a different rad shop.

Back
Top Bottom