Mini Mikey's Fest @Sani-Bright in Indy 9/26/15

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
did you pay off the little debs?

"lay" off??

not really.. it's the summer diet..i switch to ice cream..two to three pounds (or however much is a container these days) a week
Two containers of butter pecan and one container chocolate a week ..fo-reel
Friendly's brand Double Dutch chocolate
Bryers brand butter pecan ;)

I ate pound each of Recess cups and mini Mr Goodbar's on the way home today.
They melted in the car during the fest.:arrrr:
had to eat 'em like a Slurpee..squished 'em out of the wrapper into my mouff... :biggrin:

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
2015092695100237.jpg
2015092695123948.jpg
2015092695105415.jpg
2015092695104942.jpg
2015092695100619.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It was great meeting some of the guys and gals from this group today! BIG thanks to the King family for hosting, you really run a top notch facility and have a really impressive group of employees. If anyone is ever in the Des Moines area and would like to visit our shop let me know.

Springer Professional Home Services
Nice meeting you Robert and the other folks. Thanks again for hosting and lunch Tom.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
This was a great and inspiring event, met lots of great people and it helped my wife Julie get motivated into joining me in the biz.
That's the best thing to come out of this for me too. Tom and his girls and some woman from Cincinnati I think she said she really liked. I was so out of it from lack of sleep I wasn't retaining much. She got the most out of it and is now excited about helping me. She doesn't do social media at all so going to an event was the only thing that would have ever worked.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
AN UOTE="A.J. Hackers, post: 4387321, member: 53237"]That's the best thing to come out of this for me too. Tom and his girls and some woman from Cincinnati I think she said she really liked. I was so out of it from lack of sleep I wasn't retaining much. She got the most out of it and is now excited about helping me. She doesn't do social media at all so going to an event was the only thing that would have ever worked.[/QUOTE]
That's the best thing to come out of this for me too. Tom and his girls and some woman from Cincinnati I think she said she really liked. I was so out of it from lack of sleep I wasn't retaining much. She got the most out of it and is now excited about helping me. She doesn't do social media at all so going to an event was the only thing that would have ever worked.
AJ you two are welcome to come up anytime. Lets get something on the books. Your the next success story!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Chris A

Name
Chris
Thanks guys for an awesome event! We don't make many industry events so it was great to finally meet some great folks for the first time and see some old friends. Tom, you and Karen and your staff are kicking ass! Getting a little glimpse of how you have set up your growing business was a huge benefit to us. Let's just say Steph and I's dinner conversation was very animated last night!

Name
Damon
Great turnout! It appears that a bulk of the attendees are regional cleaners? I wonder if you could make the mini MF an entirely regional event and do four of these a year in different parts of the US?

Mikey P

Administrator
We may do this again next year out Tom's way. Just about perfect location both shop and geographical. You west coast MFrs will have to catch the red eye..

Brian Hanna donated his location for a future date as well. :clap:

Saturday was about perfect although I wished we had done two days and had more advanced notice. We could have had most of the worthy vendors there and 3 more classes.
I also wish I could have had more time with Tom's crew. We spent about four or more hours at a large home with all sorts of hard surface work to be done, cleaning, sealing, removal and replacement of silicone etc.

But..

I wanted to spend more time on stone ID, problem solving/stripping, handling the initial phone call with his office staff etc. The more I think about it them more bummed I get. I feel like they were short changed, but we did what we could with the time allotted. His crew have my number and I look forward to their calls..

Tom's was an incredibly gracious host and a great employer. He really cares about his guy's happiness and success, It was awesome to see it first hand.

It was my pleasure to help all of them out...

Who's next?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We may do this again next year out Tom's way. Just about perfect location both shop and geographical. You west coast MFrs will have to catch the red eye..

Brian Hanna donated his location for a future date as well. :clap:

Saturday was about perfect although I wished we had done two days and had more advanced notice. We could have had most of the worthy vendors there and 3 more classes.
I also wish I could have had more time with Tom's crew. We spent about four or more hours at a large home with all sorts of hard surface work to be done, cleaning, sealing, removal and replacement of silicone etc.

But..

I wanted to spend more time on stone ID, problem solving/stripping, handling the initial phone call with his office staff etc. The more I think about it them more bummed I get. I feel like they were short changed, but we did what we could with the time allotted. His crew have my number and I look forward to their calls..

Tom's was an incredibly gracious host and a great employer. He really cares about his guy's happiness and success, It was awesome to see it first hand.

It was my pleasure to help all of them out...

Who's next?
The pleasure was ours. I could not be more proud of our team and the job they did in pulling this off. Caitlin handle all the logistics, the guys had things running smoothly and Brianna did a great job with registration.

You guys on the board have helped us greatly over the years. Thank You

It was good to have Mike all to ourselves for 2 days. Our team may not be where he wants us to be but we are well equipped and challenged to bring better service and offer more services to our clients. It will be fun to see our team prosper.

We look forward to hosting again. I know our staff will have lots of ideas to grow this event.

I got 2 ideas from my conversations that will help us grow and make more money!

Thanks Mike for your time.

Thanks to Bill for your friendship and mentoring

Thanks to Kevin from ProChem, Martin from Rug Tech, Big West Marketing,CTI Pros choice,

Thanks Brian and Tom for sharing a few thoughts on Managing your team.

We feel blessed to have made so many friends in this industry in such a short time.

Last edited:

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
AN UOTE="A.J. Hackers, post: 4387321, member: 53237"]That's the best thing to come out of this for me too. Tom and his girls and some woman from Cincinnati I think she said she really liked. I was so out of it from lack of sleep I wasn't retaining much. She got the most out of it and is now excited about helping me. She doesn't do social media at all so going to an event was the only thing that would have ever worked.

AJ you two are welcome to come up anytime. Lets get something on the books. Your the next success story![/QUOTE]

Thanks will do! Your presentation had me embarrassed how out of focus I was on so many things. My current day job and other less important things in life has had me way to stressed and distracted. Seeing your success and matter of fact way of talking about how it's done was very encouraging. Bill's time was also motivating, he's so good at what he does. I will be getting a few more of my ducks in a row and calling you.

As I told her a few times I couldn't believe how lucky we were to go to something like that so close to home and it was free. I wished I had a way to give to an event but the best we could come up with was some her gourmet cupcakes she makes at her moms cupcake shop lol next time...

Reactions: Mikey P

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Quote of the day. Caitlin was sharing about her time in the office with some of the ladies. " So many of your problems would be taken care of if you just started using Service Monster"

Thanks to Joe from SM for getting us demo versions for folks to work with.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom