Me too, too change my name

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
When we first started our little co. we used "Tip Toeing Around", as our co. name. We already had an LLC with this name so we just used it. Well, we (I) decided to get a website, and thought it would be a good idea to change our co. name to be the same as the website, San Tan Carpet Cleaning. The area we live at is very rural, San Tan more or less represents this area. I thought it was a good idea, however, almost all of our clients, mostly female, tell us they like the old name better. They said it was unique and different. I guess I put too much thought in the first name, I pictured people walking around on their tiptoes on wet carpet, not good for a name. Did I screw up? Any thoughts?

Scott

"Tip Toeing Around" does sort of create a negative connotation about wet carpet. However it is much more memorable (and creates more of a conversational piece) than San Tan.

I agree with your customer.

For your tagline you might say something like, "You'll only have to Tip Toe Around for an Hour after we're done!" or something to that effect. It's ok to tell a little bit of negativity about your company because you'll appear more honest.

Back
Top Bottom