Les reviewing the mytee Trex

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So, assuming this is a fine machine that any cleaner would be glad to own, what reason would I have to purchase IT over the Hoss, or the 360i? Is it cheaper?

Its a no brainier.....

Trex....$2495
Hoss....$2995

so for a extra $500 bucks...you get a rotary that will last at the very least 8.5 to 9 years longer then the other one....

Last edited:

bluevictory

Name
alan
"wow such a sexy machine"

had to cool the motor down.................
i think the "inventor" thinks this is such a sexy machine he wanted to mimic flashdance??
2969301534_5cbc26feb0.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief ... Foster is reading this thread over here and then taking his pissy, whiney self over on Allstar and acting like I am making this stuff up when I ask about these reported problems over there.

It seems that the consensus in Bob's world is Mikey and Fred made all this stuff up.

Could that possibly be true?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Its a no brainier.....

Trex....$2495
Hoss....$2995

so for a extra $500 bucks...you get a rotary that will last at the very least 8.5 to 9 years longer then the other one....

8.5-9 years, pretty precise numbers there.

Its one thing to observe that you don't believe the carbon fiber will stand up or that you think a switch is in a bad place, etc but to make a blanket statement on how long either of these machines will last when you cant possibly know takes away from the credibility that you have earned over the years. Just like when you originally took a crap on the Trex based on a picture you saw.

You would be better served to just sing the praises of your Hoss and at least hold the criticism for the Trex until you've actually used the thing.

And no I'm not defending the trex because I've not handled one yet, so i cant give an educated opinion on it.

I'll probably be buying one of the three this summer, I'm undecided as of now but i certainly but these kinds of posts are certainly NOT pushing me towards the hoss, if anything they are pushing me away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
8.5-9 years, pretty precise numbers there.

Its one thing to observe that you don't believe the carbon fiber will stand up or that you think a switch is in a bad place, etc but to make a blanket statement on how long either of these machines will last when you cant possibly know takes away from the credibility that you have earned over the years. Just like when you originally took a crap on the Trex based on a picture you saw.

You would be better served to just sing the praises of your Hoss and at least hold the criticism for the Trex until you've actually used the thing.

And no I'm not defending the trex because I've not handled one yet, so i cant give an educated opinion on it.

I'll probably be buying one of the three this summer, I'm undecided as of now but i certainly but these kinds of posts are certainly NOT pushing me towards the hoss, if anything they are pushing me away.

the only thing I ever brought up was the motor...they have never shown longevity under a load....I think I'm pretty accurate...time will tell....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey has made a career out of making judgements and assumptions about things he has no clue about. Some may have been right others are just opinions. He also has made an incrediible amount of sound judgement & opinion posts when he doesn't let his emotions or Coit prejudice come in to play.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
the only thing I ever brought up was the motor...they have never shown longevity under a load....I think I'm pretty accurate...time will tell....

Time will tell. Exactly my point. Glad we agree.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Time will tell. Exactly my point. Glad we agree.

not my goal to push you towards anything.....you buy what ever you want...( or believe who ever you want ) ......I share with you what will help you ......not just today or tomorrow ..but much further down the road....it's your money ..you decide...I am confident my machine will still be running 10 years from now.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you get a rotary that will last at the very least 8.5 to 9 years longer then the other one....

there's only one RE on the market that can make that claim, Jim..the RX20
Until the HOSS has logged half as many miles as the RX, (which is still the "gold standard" in build quality IMNSHO)
the jury is still out on the HOSS

til then, it's just the current board de jour phenom .
which not too long ago the light duty POS 360 held the "the greatest evah" de jour status

..L.T.A.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Im sure my T. rex will still be working fine in 10 years also, I just hope I'm not still on the truck with it

But I think the most important note should be that Les is putting his " seal of approval " on the T-rex
he makes a bullet proof Tm has Always taken care of his custys .les is not the type of person to take advantage of anyone just to make a buck. His word is his bond.

Im using my T-Rex almost everyday in apartments ,pulling it upstairs, wheeling it back down. With no problems.
John also sent me new jets which I've put in and they are working great. , no clogging and no over spray.

I also have a new unit straight out of the box going on a vortex this weekend for a 30 day workout.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there's only one RE on the market that can make that claim, Jim..the RX20
Until the HOSS has logged half as many miles as the RX, (which is still the "gold standard" in build quality IMNSHO)
the jury is still out on the HOSS

til then, it's just the current board de jour phenom .
which not too long ago the light duty POS 360 held the "the greatest evah" de jour status

..L.T.A.

True to a point......but I have spent over 30 years in the mechanical industry....and in time you can tell what's what......
how long you been playing around with guns....I am sure after all this time you already have a eye for what is good and what will blow up in your face just by looking at them....

FredC

Village Idiot
I this an optical illusion or is this Trex struggling to spin? Watch the swivel.

http://youtu.be/eHF4qAE-oZY

Someone else noticed it. I couldn't say for sure watching it......

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Im using my T-Rex almost everyday in apartments ,pulling it upstairs, wheeling it back down. With no problems.
John also sent me new jets which I've put in and they are working great. , no clogging and no over spray.

Cu, I'm assuming some of those apts are trashed cut piles.
Is "clean streaking" a concern?...like in the MF vid, there was a most obvious 1-2" super clean streak from one or more jets

i simply presumed that SURELY one or more jets were fouled .
as it appears you and John are looking at the jets just as Mike's camera arrived

but looking how close the jets are to the fiber, are you seeing any jet distortion on some cut piles ?

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
True to a point......but I have spent over 30 years in the mechanical industry....and in time you can tell what's what......
how long you been playing around with guns....I am sure after all this time you already have a eye for what is good and what will blow up in your face just by looking at them....

I don't doubt your knowledge and expertise on the motor, Jim
I know you were a electrician and I'll always defer to you "Sparky's" on stuff like that.
The point is, the POS 360 reigned as de jour supreme for well over a year ...til we started hearing about it's warts ..and replaced motors and streaking

the HOSS may be the "real deal", but you'll have to excuse my general skepticism on it's overall longevity.
cause I've seen too many "de jour" items/products over the years.
From that POS Rotary Drimaster , to Recoil to Vortex to this soap to that soap to everything in between

I've just seen too many mediocre "at best" things become de jour sensations

..L.T.A.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Cu, I'm assuming some of those apts are trashed cut piles.
Is "clean streaking" a concern?...like in the MF vid, there was a most obvious 1-2" super clean streak from one or more jets

i simply presumed that SURELY one or more jets were fouled .
as it appears you and John are looking at the jets just as Mike's camera arrived

but looking how close the jets are to the fiber, are you seeing any jet distortion on some cut piles ?

..L.T.A.
No problems for me on " clean streaking" . After doing any rat nasty I always wash off the head and ck the jets are firing right.
In the video I was explains to one of the guys that I have my jets set to fire at the bottom of the vac shoe . John had the jets set more to the face of the carpet.

I could only get jet distortion if I went over 450/500 psi shooting on to the face of the carpet . So I was running at 350-400 psi most of the time. John sent me new jets this week which sit higher up in the head
and I'm now running at 400 psi on the cut piles and had it at 500 psi in a IHOP on Tuesday night. Cgd with no problems.
a few more days and after a few nice plush carpets in nice homes I,ll know where I can go with the new jets.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey has made a career out of making judgements and assumptions about things he has no clue about. Some may have been right others are just opinions. He also has made an incrediible amount of sound judgement & opinion posts when he doesn't let his emotions or Coit prejudice come in to play.

Coit prejudice?

You mean thinking all Multi truck businesses are ran so poorly?

I also have my Millers experience to back up my "facts"...:winky:

Ken I appreciate your comments.

I think my track record speaks for it's self on product reviews.

Mikey P

Administrator
From that POS Rotary Drimaster , to Recoil to Vortex to this soap to that soap to everything in between

I never owned or used a RDM, I could see it was joke from day one as I did the Resoil that I got played into buying.

My 2004 Vortex is still kicking ass 6 days a week and I still kick YOUR 175 ass with a 360i on any plush carpet.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gotta make a trip over the Mountain to meet Les... I can understand that guy!

Mike Draper

Larry said the same thing about the rv360 comparison. I've tested the cimex / wand combo against the 360 and it still didn't compare. It did a good job though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom