jon don sfs

Name
Lee Stockwell
Let them know JD plans to move operations to an outlying location and turn the current location into a large.....hotel.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Stayed at the rather expensive downtown Portland hotel during the ARCS event. My brother walked in without a reservation and was told the hotel was sold out. He took a seat in the lobby, pulled out his phone and used a booking app to get a room for half the rate the rest of us paid. Went back to the desk, showed them the confirmation on his phone and checked in.

&%l)*@@!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have been looking down the road a little for place since I'm probably going to drive up. I have some family that I have never met in lower Oregon. The rates are crazy and if you go on yelp many of the places in Portland talk about how many of the cars get broken into. I have been looking at traffic in the mornings and looks like San Francisco. Over 1k for 5 days is out of my budget. I remember when everyone was leaving California for Oregon because it was affordable.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Over 1k for 5 days is out of my budget.

That is exactly what my wife said when I told her we were going over to Chicago for several weeks and all up, including lost work, it would cost us at least $10,000.

That money was repaid to us in well less than six months after implementing different parts of SFS.

I shudder to think how I would have survived the GFC (Global Financial Crisis) without the lessons learned at SFS & the marvelous newsletters since attending, which I'm still getting, nine years after the event.

Airfares back then, from Cairns to Guam, Honolulu, LA, Chicago, Las Vegas for Connections & a leather course with Tony Wheelwright, $$$$$, LA 3 days, Honolulu 3 days, Guam, Cairns were not real cheap.

As I also did Lisa Wagner Rugs to Run From course with Jon-Don, that cost more, plus accommodation, plus meals, it all adds up.

As well, since we had a 3 day break between courses, we went over to Niagara Falls for a couple of days, a few more dollars.

For me now, I look at $1000 being a days work in commercial.

You're only limited by what you believe you can achieve.

:yoda:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I know I can make the money back. The gfc took my home, credit & my pride. The bank account is starting to look better now. I just start freaking when too much starts going out. Seven long years of business turning off in a instant and not coming back for months at a time has caused some serious post traumatic stress. I know I need to do this because my wife may not have a job in the next year. Education cut backs. Credit cards scare me now.

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I fully understand where you're coming from.

I lost about 90% of my residential work overnight due to 3 major apartment developers going bust with weeks of each other.

This sector has never picked up here.

Only you know what you can afford at any time.

I wish you the very best for the future.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It's official, I'm going to Portland sfs. Paid for the class and booked the flight and Mikey helped me out with the room.

So how should I prepare for this class to get the most out of it?

The bonus to this trip is I get to meet my Aunt from my fathers side. Never met any one from my father side, including my father. unfortunately I found out he passed when I was 12. So I will finally get some answers after over 25 years of searching for them. How do you find people now? Facebook.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Congratulations Louis, I'm very happy for you.

Really, to get what you are asking, I would direct this question to both Steve Toburen & Bill Yeadon.

They have both posted here, just click on them & send them a private email.

Beware of Papa Nick's cuisine, it's very yummy, try not to eat too much at lunchtime lest you fall asleep in the afternoon. :winky:

Be also prepared to bring plenty of free stuff back with you, or have it shipped.

Wish I could be there.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Louis,
Mostly I would come well rested as they are long days 8-5 everyday with a reception on Monday night and Nick's dinner on Wednesday night. If you have a recent P&L sheet or anything that explains numbers.

For Tuesday be sure to bring any marketing material you use and at least 40 business cards to pass out as we will analyze business cards.

The most important is to bring an open mind so that you may look at your business from another perspective.

You may want to write down a list of questions ahead of time so you don't forget any.

Be sure to talk with the other students as much as possible and on the open nights try to go with a group to dinner.

We realize that it is costly to take off a week from work and we want to make sure you maximize your time.

Look forward to it. We have a great group in Chicago this week for SFS. Of course the 6 inches of snow we got yesterday was an unwelcome surprise.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Welcome aboard, Louis!

I would review the SFS curriculum HERE. Many of the points have links to related posts on the SFS website which will pre-orient you on some key concepts. See you soon!

Steve

PS Please don't plan to leave till Friday after the seminar, Louis. Friday is when we share a lot of neat procedures to make this stuff actually happen down in the trenches. Plus Yeadon is gone by then so we can really have fun!

Reactions: Shorty and Mikey P

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Louis, you won't regret this. The only thing you'll regret is not getting to SFS sooner.
Welcome to the club!
This week in SFS Roselle (Chicago). See you all in Dallas April 20 for the next SFS.

IMG_3082 (1).jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
SAD, I only recognize three faces, Papa Nick, Silver Haired Bill, & the bloke with jet black hair dye, Steve.

Where's Chuck?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Chuck is still our "opening act", Shorty. He does a great job on Monday beating our attendees up with the dreaded financial analysis and how to hire great people. Then he helps out our SFS wizened Irish gremlin, Mr. Yeadon, on Tuesday morning. But sadly, Chuck usually bails out on us Tuesday afternoon and returns to his booming consultant practice for large restoration companies. (We usually take our class photo on Wednesday.)

Steve

PS Shorty, you are getting old on me. You didn't recognize Angela in the lower left corner? She is as hot as ever! :)

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
[QUOTE="Steve Toburen,

PS Shorty, you are getting old on me. You didn't recognize Angela in the lower left corner? She is as hot as ever! :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wrong glasses on when I commented, wondered why spell check picked me up so much. :icon_redface: :redface:

Shoulda gone ta Specsavers.

Yer right, That is Angela, I thought you got rid of all the pretty girls once they turned 19??

PS:: She musta been about 12 when I was there. :very_drunk:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom