Joe Polish HATES trees!!!!!!!

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I still don't understand how it is not a good fit for you now though given that the copy can be tweaked. What are you trying to convey to your customers that doesn't work using this format?

It's not so much that the piece doesn't fit, it's that im not doing direct mail.

I am putting 100% of my advertising budget into remarketing. I do this primarily with a monthly newsletter that I get from Piranha and Fill My Schedule from ServiceMonster. I also consider custom spotter bottles with free lifetime refills and my referral rewards program part of the strategy.

Not saying I'm right, and it's certainly not the only way, but it seems like a good way to grow a stable business long term with a loyal client base.

That being said, I did do one 5,000 piece campaign of EDDM this spring. Not the Piranha piece, a custom design I had made that I thought was going to be amazing. Seriously I thought it was going to set the world on fire. Response so far has been VERY low. I didn't put an expiration, so who knows how it will all shake out?

Marketing is hard.

Reactions: FredC

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Response so far has been VERY low. I didn't put an expiration, so who knows how it will all shake out?
I'm sorry but I think you got all could from that. But I wouldn't be discouraged.

I'd try it again. Either same message and change the size or Change the message and graphics. 5,000 is a good amount, I'm surprised you didn't get better response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm here in the office due to some emergency calls and was going through the mail and now see what you're talking about Fred.

That piece is huge. Too big, it go beat up a bit just due to its size. I don't like it.

Large is one thing but this beast is ridiculous. :lol:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
ah hell Mikey beat me to it. I'm gonna bet Joe has or does talk every now and then to "actual" cleaners but I'll also bet he doesn't listen for sh.. He's only gonna hear what he needs to formulate pitch-n-bull that he can sell. Say what you want on the package, it's still coolaid.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dude, just ask what you want to ask. I don't think either one of us wants to waste time playing the passive agressive game.

The campaign in question was only 200 pieces. Cost about $110. I booked 4 jobs with a job average of $170 if memory serves. Also got two immediate referrals.

I dont expect many other people will get a 2% response rate though. Like I said, my market is small and I don't have much, if any, local direct mail to compete with for attention.

If you'd like I could give you results to the thousandth of a penny next time I'm at my computer.

Its 4 jobs.... :oldrolleyes:

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Its 4 jobs.... :oldrolleyes:

Do you ever say what you actually mean, or just leave it all up to implication?

Yes, we've been over this; 4 jobs booked off 200 pieces resulting in a 2% response/conversion rate and 7 to 1 roi.

How the eff did I become the poster child for this? I have no stake or interest in defending Piranha or their methods.

I'm the first one to admit that this card/strategy has some short comings. So much so that I no longer use it and don't have any immediate plans to.

I really am grateful for the info you share, Shane, and have learned a ton from what you've offered as far as info on so many different topics. A sincere thank you.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm so glad that I've got enough Momentum in my business where I don't have to worry too much about advertising... I didn't even bother to send out our May reminder cards--

But don't try this in your business-- It might be a mistake to take things for granted.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Thing is if you want to run a marketing campaign then map out a campaign.

Which is 6-12 months with your schedule, services, messages, goals, value, pics all laid out.
Yes along the way changes will have to be made but at least have a road map.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Back
Top Bottom