Jim Martin I have a proposition for you.

Greenie

Btw: just for the record the new 2.5" is indoor friendly, as long as you don't run it 5' from the wand you will be fine....you are a conscientious cleaner right? :lol:

The old 1.5" crowd used to say that same stuff about running 2" to the wand...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Greenie said:
as long as you don't run it 5' from the wand you will be fine.....

I don't get what you mean by this. I'm gonna feel like a dummy after you tell me aren't I?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
waiting for everything to come in and thinking about all this I have a question

how will this (or will it) effect my stair tools or tile tools.............

do I have to make any other changes that I am not aware of........

Greenie

Dirk, you aren't missing anything, it's kind of a joke.

I was just saying as long as you don't run it to the wand it's really not destructive or bulky in the house.

My original hose had more aggressive ribs, the new hose has softer ribs that are kinder to dry wall corners etc...

It's a balancing act to get vacuum, heat, flexibility and durability all just right in the perfect hose.

Greenie

j2 said:
What HG reading do you get with a V with 100 ft of 2" open hose? Our wm pro1200 was at 10, now with 2.5 @ 100ft 8hg. I imagine with all the cfm's of a V there would be even more than 2 Hg resistance in that 2".

Wow Jesse, that is a very interesting report!

I know there are some here that will read right over that, but it needs repeating.

The 2.5" hose gave you back an inch of mercury for each 50' you added, that will directly translate into more moisture recovery, and a faster "rise time" in the waste tank as vacuum clears the water out of the hose.

Your numbers with open hose also speak volumes of just how much restriction exist in the system right from the factory. What lift does your unit pull with NO hoses attached?

To answer Adam's post, you would have to run the vortex the same, with both open ports and see what the gage was showing for system restriction.

Name
Jesse
Greenie,

This is on our pro-1200, I've not spent the time to mess with the pro-2000 yet. 6.5 no hoses. That's with 2 of the 3 2" ports y'd into your 2.5 y after the filter box (with filter). Removing the filter from the box brings it down about 1 hg when the filter is clean. If I open the filter housing on top of the waste tank and leave the blower filter in it falls to 4.5hg. I'm looking into making a box that can hold 2 3" blower filters. I intend to remove the one in the tank and put two of them between the tank and the blower.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't know ..ask Greenie he sent me some things and set it up for me.........

He sends it I put it on.......and unless I have a problem I just keep cleaning.......

:D

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lol

I don't know nothing about flow and shit like that I don't keep up with everything that goes on

I have enough to worry about

There are only certain people that I trust not to question
.So if one of those people tell me something will work I don't question it until I have a problem.......Greenie sent me check values and jets and it has been doing a good job.............your telling me to change a few things and go to 2.5 and different jet.............OK lets do it I am not going to question it..some people you just trust.................

now that post vacuum thing.........??????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom