Is Social Media producing work for you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Some say it's the future in new client acquisitions and customer retention.

I'd like to hear from an honest person who can tell us they are getting great results form Twitter/FB or the like.

Name
I'm Rick James
I have never heard anyone having it work for them. I just took an SFS class and that question was asked, it was the same response. I don't think its a force now, but could be if we can figure out how to make it work.

I get a ton of work from Yelp and AL..

Reactions: Mikey P

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
The problem with social media is most people get an account and do nothing with it. We work FB like there is no tomorrow and get tons of jobs from it.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
please define "tons",,,

We do "NO" paid advertising at all and book 15 - 20 jobs per week from FB. We have 4 fan page style pages and 1 profile based account and since people from all over the world own property here we are able to connect with them free of charge for work. LinkedIn is another great social site we get commercial work from all the time.

I post on average around 10 times per day on FB and 1/3 to 1/2 is about carpet cleaning and all the rest is just funny stuff I see throughout the day. I post pictures of nasty carpet (the kind people on here say not to) every day and people love making comments. I also make sure that when taking pictures of carpet its one of the following, Empty rental, Vacation home, Commercial or there is nothing but carpet in the picture so people wont know whos house it is.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
We do "NO" paid advertising at all and book 15 - 20 jobs per week from FB. We have 4 fan page style pages and 1 profile based account and since people from all over the world own property here we are able to connect with them free of charge for work. LinkedIn is another great social site we get commercial work from all the time.

I post on average around 10 times per day on FB and 1/3 to 1/2 is about carpet cleaning and all the rest is just funny stuff I see throughout the day. I post pictures of nasty carpet (the kind people on here say not to) every day and people love making comments. I also make sure that when taking pictures of carpet its one of the following, Empty rental, Vacation home, Commercial or there is nothing but carpet in the picture so people wont know whos house it is.

I don't see how simply posting on FB will get you work, without also promoting your clients and prospects to like your pages or asking your clients to brag about the job you did to their circle of friends on FB.

I was going to add brag about us on FB to my after care card.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
"I don't see how simply posting on FB will get you work"

Well if you have enough "friends" then heck ya it can get you work. We have a buddy owns a used boat/sled part store with over 1k fb friends. Every time he post something about us, we get a few calls. It's not just your friends, it's your friends - friends!

Simply by putting up photos or post on your biz page draws interest. Makes people think about calling.

The guy above getting 15-20 jobs a week from fb is huge.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When used correctly it can work...And it's getting better.

It's a new animal of "advertising" or "marketing"

People WILL go there to find referrals.... Biggest problem is Geo...The whole point of facebook is to keep in touch with people you don't normally see every day. Maybe they're too far away etc.

So building a community is key IF that's all you can offer.

If you can offer a service to anyone, anywhere..Then facebook is that much more useful.

When I was subbing all over the US... It really worked well.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I don't see how simply posting on FB will get you work, without also promoting your clients and prospects to like your pages or asking your clients to brag about the job you did to their circle of friends on FB.

I was going to add brag about us on FB to my after care card.

Bragging about yourself will kill your social media, posting nothing but ads and other CC stuff will also kill your social media.
You have to get people talking & when people talk all of their friends see they are talking to you on the news feed.

You want others to brag about your work!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No it is not working for me, wish i would put more effort into social media.

Its on the list but never seem to make it down to it.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I get a little work from FB. As long as you don't post too much and annoy folks, it works. It keeps your name in front of them and they can see results from real jobs. It has certainly been worth the effort for me. As with many things....I'm guessing it depends on where you're located. Take Yelp for example.....awesome out west....dead here!

Able 1

Name
Keith
15-20 jobs a week?!? I call BS just like everything else you photoshop or even talk about, is mostly BS! Who cares it's the internet right? You can be who ever you want to be here, so congrats on your 20 jobs a week!:icon_rolleyes: Dipshit!:biggrin: OH wait!!! "Just saying":lol:

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not doubting anyones claims here and will not call anyone a liar, but social media just is not proving to be useful for ME. Google is still number one for me after customer referrals.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
15-20 jobs a week?!? I call BS just like everything else you photoshop or even talk about, is mostly BS! Who cares it's the internet right? You can be who ever you want to be here, so congrats on your 20 jobs a week!:icon_rolleyes: Dipshit!:biggrin: OH wait!!! "Just saying":lol:

I can't help it if your marketing don't work for you. But then again posting crap like this I can only imagine what your customers think about you.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just wondering if all the 15-20 jobs per week are all from Facebook or all form of internet advertising?

Everyone else doesn't get crap from FB.

I tried FB ads a coulpe of times with out a single job.

The internet however 15 -20 jobs a week is very concievable for some areas.

I do wonder, if pidgen forge has aprox 2000 houses how you get 1300 houses from FB alone?

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Just wondering if all the 15-20 jobs per week are all from Facebook or all form of internet advertising?

Everyone else doesn't get crap from FB.

I tried FB ads a coulpe of times with out a single job.

The internet however 15 -20 jobs a week is very concievable for some areas.

I do wonder, if pidgen forge has aprox 2000 houses how you get 1300 houses from FB alone?

Dave,

You need to work on your research skills....

how many does the county (& beyond) have?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave,

You need to work on your research skills....

how many does the county (& beyond) have?

As far as I could tell there are aprox 20 cleaners in the county and 20K households in the whole county.

Slim picking for resi. But, there must be a crap load of hotels and tourist rentals.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
My business doesn't have a FB page, I use my personal account. Out here in the middle of no where, I'll post on a community page - "For Sale in Hardeman County", etc. and let the folks know were going to be in their town on a certain day. I"ve booked many jobs that way, but by no means is it huge and it doesn't always get a reply. I'll have past customers give us praise, etc. and that really helps. It works great for rural areas.

amygeorge

steve_64

i was offline for about a year. had several customers say they got my name off facebook.:eekk: they later said it was from folks i was cleaning for who just posted about how happy they were with my work. i just recently got back online and have been working on a facebook page. no jobs yet from it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom