Internet's Not Enough

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
All the on-line stuff is pulling enough for me in new customers. I've limited resources to start over with my web site and frankly it pulls ok compared to others I have talked to. Yelp pulls a bit and I'm pulling a few from networking with Keller Williams. I'm going to turn the burner up even more with Keller Williams but I'm starving for a fresh idea or combination of ideas to mass-target-market on budget. Jaaaasus, aren't we all on a budget, well at least us true single truck guys.

Yelp sounded interesting (to be a paid sponser) but then they got all high pressure sales on me. $500/month?, how fu.. they pick a price like that? , little grass roots online business like that. FMS with Service Monsters is pulling, glad I pulled the trigger on FMS.

Went through my Joe Polish binders and the stuff I got off Piranha Central but most of all that seems so god dam outdated. Marketing changes with the wind. Joe's original materials blew in and out (IMHO) 5 years after he said he was cleaning out of a trunk. I showed the consumer guide to 14 individuals ALL thought it was manipulative and about 1/2 said it was stupid.

I knocked on doors last month (used to work like crazy 6 years ago) and it was like staring down grizzles. I'm spamming out a bunch of Poof bottles and going to keep that whole thing going strong.

The John Braun guy's coolaid seems to me just a modern day Joe Polish with a shotgun. I think I'm going to read more of Brian R's threads. At this point in Nor Cals sloooooow economy I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would help.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
All the on-line stuff is pulling enough for me in new customers. I've limited resources to start over with my web site and frankly it pulls ok compared to others I have talked to. Yelp pulls a bit and I'm pulling a few from networking with Keller Williams. I'm going to turn the burner up even more with Keller Williams but I'm starving for a fresh idea or combination of ideas to mass-target-market on budget. Jaaaasus, aren't we all on a budget, well at least us true single truck guys.

Yelp sounded interesting (to be a paid sponser) but then they got all high pressure sales on me. $500/month?, how fu.. they pick a price like that? , little grass roots online business like that. FMS with Service Monsters is pulling, glad I pulled the trigger on FMS.

Went through my Joe Polish binders and the stuff I got off Piranha Central but most of all that seems so god dam outdated. Marketing changes with the wind. Joe's original materials blew in and out (IMHO) 5 years after he said he was cleaning out of a trunk. I showed the consumer guide to 14 individuals ALL thought it was manipulative and about 1/2 said it was stupid.

I knocked on doors last month (used to work like crazy 6 years ago) and it was like staring down grizzles. I'm spamming out a bunch of Poof bottles and going to keep that whole thing going strong.

The John Braun guy's coolaid seems to me just a modern day Joe Polish with a shotgun. I think I'm going to read more of Brian R's threads. At this point in Nor Cals sloooooow economy I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would help.

Scott, the idea is to dominate the pages where you do have listings....as far as internet goes.

People actually have to go to Yelp and Yodle and Angie's List etc to find you....but most will go to Google first if they are starting to look for a cleaner.

If you can have more listings on page 1 of Google then you are Golden.

Quick sales pitch.....My Network Home Services program has changed sooooo much since you were a member. The zip code matrix is now a secondary add on to the pages and videos I build that actually show up on Google.

But to get back to the original post....you will only get so much from the internet from each area. The idea is to be in as many areas as you can AND be on the first page (preferably at the top).

The listing (or citations) that show up on Google from being listed on all the Yelps etc really just help you get higher on Google.
Any in bound link from the online advertiser will help your own independent listings.

The companies like Angie's list that advertise on TV are the ones that will probably bring in the better...sometimes more customers.

That's why Groupon and Living Social are so popular.

They know....like we should know....that if you want more customers, you have to go to them.

The internet is still a "you find me" medium.

TV is "look at me, look at me whether you like it or not" medium.

Some internet companies are capitalizing on the "look at me" advertising on the internet now more than ever......have you seen all the commercials at the beginning fo the video you want to watch? YOu have to sit through the 20 second commercial to get to it. PITA....but it works.

The big money is being everywhere....and it usually take money or time (same thing) to get everywhere...just ask Ken Snow. HOw long has Hagopian been around?

If I were to get a carpet cleaning company going hard...I would be pushing for radio and then TV. But you need what I consider to be big money for each.

Back
Top Bottom