Insulating a van

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I bought a freshwater tank for my van and before I install it I figure insulating the van might be a good idea.Where do you buy the insulation.Are there kits available that are precut or do you have to cut them to size yourself?I've seen insulation that has silver foil on the outside.Is that the best? My CDS is kind of noisy will the insulation help with that too?

Name
steve snail
Roxy,

We have some kind of cold winters here in Nebraska. That said, I use the pink fiberglass in the walls, under paneling. On the roof and floor, Monte at Brite and Kleen turned me on to the quarter inch (i think) "sandwich" foil / plastic bubble insulation, once again under panel. Keeps things nice and toasty and really knocks down the noise.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I used the 2 inch pink styrofoam in the walls and 1 inch in the cieling. Covered it with white panels. The floor has rino type coating then 1/2 inch plywood and that is covered with the original rubber floor mat. I took off the cloth fiber insulation before install ing the mat. I really like this set up on the floor as it protects the metal from corrosion and gives an flat surface t0 work with. The original floor mat is very easy to keep clean and looks nice. I realize this floor set up does very little to insulate but I haven't had a problem with freeze up.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
more pics please!

When can we see the rest of the pictures from the van insulating/carpet/truckmount install?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have the Hydramaster CDS in my truck and so far I'm thinking I'll go with the bubble type of insulation.But I've heard of this stuff called Dynamat, which is a dense self sticking sound dampener.I wonder if it might not be a good idea in addition to the bubble insulation to glue Dynamats into the inside of the fiberglass cover of my machine.I know a locksmith here in town who uses his van as a mobile shop and it's dark blue so it should really get hot in the summer.He glued dynamats all over the walls and the roof of his van.That's all he has and he says it really cuts down on heat buildup.It's pretty expensive stuff, but if it works it might be a good way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom