Inline Filter Question

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I currently use this inline filter with my CDS, 2" vac line and the standard barb type connectors and a quad 1.75" wand'
http://cgi.ebay.com/Carpet-Cleaning-Lin ... 19c5682779
I've been reading in other posts about flow restriction and I think I understand the thought behind it. But I also learned that once I bring the diameter of the vac line down to 1.75" one time, the deed is already done. So as long as I have a 1.75" filter in line it wouldn't matter if I used hose cuffs all the way or a 2" wand etc.
So if I understand what I read so far correctly I would really have to redo my whole setup starting with the vac line connection to the waste tank to the inline filter to the hose couplings all the way to the wand.
I wish I could afford that, but that is out for me so I'm just trying to get what I already have working as well as it can with some minor tweaks.
I use the sock type of insert but I also have the steel mesh insert as well. I am thinking that the sock will give me a better airflow than the steel mesh insert, which only has the mesh on the outside and the bottom is a solid black plastic disc. Then I was thinking I could modify the steel insert by cutting out the plastic bottom and replacing it with more steel mesh to get more airflow? Has anyone here done that that?
I got that Idea when I was just at the local supply store and they had a Mytee filter that that is supposed to be the filter to have these days. That filter had an insert made of steel mesh all the way and a larger diameter opening and exit.. The filter is only 99.- but still, if the rest of my setup restricts the flow to 1.75", buying that filter might be a waste of money.
Am I overthinking this? Do you guys have any advice for me about what tweaks would make sense?

John Watson

You are correct, Tweek as you go, Instead of trying to change the plastic on the bottom of your filter drill 6-8 1/2in holes in the plastic. and with using the knee high panty hose on the inside of you filter it will load and fill properly. when your able go 2 in all the way but besure to check out your blower to make sure its plumbed 2 or better for its in and out..we use cool cuffs and I adaped my filter (Same as yours) to 2in in and 3 in out and run 10 ft of 3in into my waste tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom