"I AM PISSED"...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Finally got in touch with GOOGLE...."actual person"

My site was HACKED... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The town I live in "REZONED"...the city limits RECENTLY...

When Google picked up NEW address...They REFRESHED my account info...!
This required that I "re-claim" my placing..! I was NEVER notified because the postcard
was mailed to the NEW address... :roll:

SOMEONE...went in and CLAIMED my listing.. :x and changed INFO.... :twisted: :twisted:

The Google Rep...was EXTREEMLY sympathetic to my situation.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on the
phone for 58 min. PLUS he called BACK... :shock: He has been able to RETREIVE the
IP address & secure info ..."That He can NOT divulge to me..!!!!" he said this Has become
MORE & MORE prevalent.. :idea: COMPETITORS SABOTAGEING competing companies
lsting's... :!:

His BROTHER has a Painting Business.....This happen to HIM... :!: He ASSURED me that HE
will PERSONIALLY follow this claim....It devastated his brother's family business.. that hurts
He informed me that this NOW....falls under the FEDERAL CYBER BULLING LAWS...and has JAIL TIME attached... :shock:

UNBELIEVABLE service from this individual.... 8) He even gave me his cell #... :roll:

I must admit....My SUSPISION is that I think it was someone from this board.... :x
I HOPE my "gut-feeling's" are WRONG... :?: If this is TRUE....I will spend ALOT of money
toINSURE ..."YOU GO TO JAIL"... :x

ps.
"I can NOT...imagine if this happened to a a smaller CC biz..I can see where it could CLOSE
THE DOORS"...............This SucKS... :!:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
if it were someone from THIS board....
i would DONATE to yor "get 'em" fund :twisted:

Thank's Bob... !gotcha!

I just LOST a loooooong thread apologising to Brian & Dave...for IGNORANCE of
how much the Internet...was OBVIOULY supporting my BIZ... :oops:

I will repost ...later... thathurts

I am busy .."RIGHT NOW"...coming out of the DaRk AgeS.... :oops:

ps..I hope the powers to be ..Understand..?..That my profile HAS to be CHANGED.. :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow, that's crazy.

I noticed someone in your area editing a bunch of Google places accounts but his profile was private and didn't give much info.

I would bet that's him. Only had a first name.

Glad they caught it.....and good job speaking to someone from Google. I've only had that happen once. :shock:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Don't look at me.

i only mess with competitor signs at busy intersections with my grandi groomer.

Thanks for the funny youtube video brian!!! It's so close to reality it's scary!

u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIe1P0Y50HAu]

But i hope you catch whoever did it and bust their balls!!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Wow, that's crazy.

I noticed someone in your area editing a bunch of Google places accounts but his profile was private and didn't give much info.

I would bet that's him. Only had a first name.

Glad they caught it.....and good job speaking to someone from Google. I've only had that happen once. :shock:

What was his 1st name... :?:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It was either Dean Hoagi or Bryan

I just checked and all the edits are gone now....Probably Google's doing.

I couldn't get any other info.

I don't know if what he was doing was legit or not. But it seemed odd that he edited your account along with about 15 other carpet cleaning companies

All those edits are gone now

Go to your places acount and click on "other edits" right under your business name

Here's your page
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... DAQ4gkwAA#

For the record, I PMed you the info the day you said your address was wrong.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thanx,

Dean host my website.

Bryan...is a friend from the board..that posted a review to make my clients aware of the
"Wrong Area code issue."... 8)

"It IS FIXED"........................ shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Thank you "GOOGLE GUY"...!

What a great guy..!!!!!!!!!!

He never stopped working on this... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

He is ALMOST positive ...he has TRAPPED the sCumBAG.... :x

Made the changes from an IP ...bounced of a cell phone... :shock:

These freaking GOOGLE guys are linked to the CIA.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is amazing the software they have at their ACCESS.... 8)

Someone ...is sHiTTin their pants...right NOW if they are reading this thread... !gotcha!

ps All you CC that are AspirinG to be SEO's....THEY ARE WATCHING YOU.... :roll: Be careful
even if you make a mistake.....Google has the ability to BLACKLIST...you and your CLIENTS.

PLEASE BE CARFUL...... :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":3loaxvl7]Gonna make slaw out of him?
i believe yor onta sumthin' Lee.....![/quote:3loaxvl7]

DaMn...Im geTtin..SloooooooooooooooW..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good to hear that you know those two guys.

There's a special place in hell for people who would mess with another man's company like that.

I see Robert Beet's listings all the time in my area and God knows I would be right to demolish him....But I can't do it ...won't do it.

Evil people I tell ya.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My places acount just got freaky.

It is now showing up with bad ranking as:

Royal Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Lincoln
cleaner or mattress cleaning and then securely lock-up your home Easy on Your Back To prepare for your carpet cleaning & upholstery cleaning You simply
http://www.**********************/ 5401 South 20th Street Circle, Lincoln - (402) 423-7200
"Sparkling Clean Carpets I loved the prompt service I got from the guys at ..." - judysbook.com (8)

Or:

Royal Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Lincoln
continue to call them for our carpet & upholstery cleaning needs. Mrs. Clements-Lincoln, Nebraska Dave, Thanks for the great service! Everything looks wonderful
http://www.**********************/ 5401 South 20th Street Circle, Lincoln - (402) 423-7200
"Sparkling Clean Carpets I loved the prompt service I got from the guys at ..." - judysbook.com (8)

or the former way with good ranking on a different computer (both have history erased):

Royal Carpet , Upholstery and Tile Cleaning Lincoln Nebraska
Call for your Free Quote:423-7200.Delighting Lincolnites for over 25 years. carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning,pet deodorizer, ...
http://www.**********************/ - Cached 5401 South 20th Street Circle, Lincoln - (402) 423-7200

cleann4kids

Does this happen to other industries?

Why are carpet cleaners so insecure?
They are more worried about someone else business, beside theirs.

Just my thoughts

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
cleann4kids said:
Does this happen to other industries?

Why are carpet cleaners so insecure?
They are more worried about someone else business, beside theirs.

Just my thoughts

I don't understand. If your site is hacked and it costs you business.

It should be resolved and investigated to prevent it from happening again.

It is not different from having an intruder enter your house.

Wouldn't you like to be aware of it and make changes to prevent it from happening again?

Or is it OK for them to return and take cash out of your pockets at will?

Sites need to be checked on a regular basis. Mine had a glitch today and I had it resolved/ refreshed before it cost me money.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
I'm sure it happens across the board.

My guy says it is happening ...ALL THE TIME... :x

He said I am FORTUNATE...that the hacker..Did NOT completely LOCK me out of the PAGE.!

He says that the way GOOGLE..has functioned in the PAST...is OVER... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Everything is in the process of changing..They are going to CLEAN-UP the mess......!!!!!

And ..FREE listings are gone ..FOREVER... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

He says that their NEW software will eliminate...old school practices of moving up the
page... :!: They don't CARE if you spent 10k ...last month to move to the top of the page.!
If your SEO violates "GOOGLE'S" criteria....BAM..."You are GONE"..Tough Shit.. :shock:

I THINK......We will SOON beg for the days of the Y-Pages.. :idea: They are Sooo big
that you will pay through the NOSE just to have the pRIVILEGE of using their MEDIUM...!

ps..They are a MONOPOLY....things will go the way of INSURANCE companies & HEALTHCARE.
Then the GOVERMENT ....will come in to REGULATE...Which will TAX the snot out of the Consumer... :x

"< MARK MY WORDS>"

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
HARPER said:
Brian R said:
I'm sure it happens across the board.
My guy says it is happening ...ALL THE TIME... :x

He said I am FORTUNATE...that the hacker..Did NOT completely LOCK me out of the PAGE.!
He says that the way GOOGLE..has functioned in the PAST...is OVER... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Everything is in the process of changing..They are going to CLEAN-UP the mess......!!!!!
And ..FREE listings are gone ..FOREVER... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

He says that their NEW software will eliminate...old school practices of moving up the
page... :!: They don't CARE if you spent 10k ...last month to move to the top of the page.!
If your SEO violates "GOOGLE'S" criteria....BAM..."You are GONE"..Tough Shit.. :shock:

I THINK......We will SOON beg for the days of the Y-Pages.. :idea: They are Sooo big
that you will pay through the NOSE just to have the pRIVILEGE of using their MEDIUM...!

ps..They are a MONOPOLY....things will go the way of INSURANCE companies & HEALTHCARE.
Then the GOVERMENT ....will come in to REGULATE...Which will TAX the snot out of the Consumer... :x

"< MARK MY WORDS>"

Here are Google Places Quality guidelines directly from Google

Black hat or breaking the rule should be done at your own risk of permanent banning:

"Get familiar with our quality guidelines
Make sure that your listing is playing by the rules. Learn about our guidelines for your Google Places account and listings.

To best serve our end users (and your potential customers), we've come up with a list of guidelines for your Google Places account and listings.

Your Google Places Account
Ownership: Only business owners or authorized representatives may verify their business listings on Google Places.

Account Email Address: Use a shared business email account, if multiple users will be updating your business listing. If possible, use an email account under your business domain. For example, if your business website is http://www.google.com, a matching email address would be you@google.com.

Your Business Listing
Business Name: Represent your business exactly as it appears in the offline world.

•Do not include marketing taglines in your business name.
•Do not include phone numbers or URLs in the business name field, unless they are part of your business name.
•Do not attempt to manipulate search results by adding extraneous keywords or a description of your business in the business name field.

Business Location: Use a precise, accurate address to describe your business location.

•Do not create listings at locations where the business does not physically exist. P.O. Boxes are not considered accurate physical locations. Listings submitted with P.O. Box addresses will be removed.
•Use the precise address for the business in place of broad city names or cross-streets.
•Do not create more than one listing for each business location, either in a single account or multiple accounts.
•Businesses that operate in a service area, as opposed to a single location, should not create a listing for every city they service. Businesses that operate in a service area should create one listing for the central office or location and designate service areas. Learn how to add service areas to your listing.

•Businesses with multiple specializations, such as law firms and doctors, should not create multiple listings to cover all of their specialties. You may create one listing per practitioner, and one listing for the office.
•Do not include information in address lines that does not pertain your business’s physical location (e.g. URLs, keywords).

Website & Phone: Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible, and provide one website that represents your individual business location.

•Use a local phone number instead of a call center number whenever possible.
•Do not provide phone numbers or URLs that redirect or “refer” users to landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business.

Categories: Provide at least one category from the suggestions provided in the form as you type. Aim for categories that are specific, but brief.

•Categories should say what your business is (e.g. Hospital), not on what it does (e.g. Vaccinations) or things it sells (e.g. Sony products or printer paper). This information can be added in your description or as custom attributes.
•Categories should not contain location-based information (for example, Dog Walker Los Angeles is not permitted).
•Only one category is permitted per entry field. Do not “stuff” entry fields with multiple categories.

Custom Attributes & Description: Use the description and custom attribute fields to include additional information about your listing. Learn more about acceptable custom attributes.

Disclaimer: Google reserves the right to suspend access to Google Places or other Google Services to individuals or businesses that violate these guidelines, and may work with law enforcement in the event that the violation is unlawful.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have been anticipating a major major change to Google.

It will effect every site on the internet.

Will it be "fair"? Fair to who?

I think there will be a paid inclusion and Google will sky rocket in their earnings.

If they only charged us $10.00 a month to be in Google Places...it will be beyond our comprehension the amount of money that will change hands.

There will be a new SEO. One that has nothing to do with todays standards. The backlinks will be a thing of the past.

It will come down strictly to the content on your site.

I posted a thread in the MMM room about a random or rotational search result.
This result will be of only a handful of websites per industry. There will be a fee to be included in this rotation.

And my guess is it will be a bidding war to get into it.
But the good new is, without good content you won't be able to be included.

The best of the best....and yet they still have to pay.

Good luck.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It's so sorry that some people have to cheat to win. I would be more than happy to pitch in to help squash this little POS, Joe. Just say the word.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doug Cox said:
It's so sorry that some people have to cheat to win. I would be more than happy to pitch in to help squash this little POS, Joe. Just say the word.

Thank You DOUG.... 8)

I am so HAPPY it is FIXED..."I could GAS ...NOW..".. :!:

If it was from this board..??????
It is my LiaBiLiTy....for assuming the ObNoXiOuS personality on this board... :oops:
My friends ....KNOW....that I am NOT anything like the perception I project... !gotcha!

My form of CRASS humor can cross the line... " that hurts "

Don Rickles...was a SWEET man...His HumOr.."Not so MuCh"... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom