How many specials during the year?

CapeCleaner

I'm running a holiday special (15% off) for jobs booked during November and December. Planning on a similar offering in April and May. I think twice a year is good without diluting the regular pricing. I'm wondering how often others offer specials.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We did three specials a year, but for only 1 month each. I don't see a problem with two specials per year diluting your regular pricing. However, Here is something to think about. The holiday season and Spring were my busiest times. I did not need to run a special to keep fully booked.

We ran a special in MArch - "Get your Spring cleaning booked early!" to get the busy season off to a faster start. Never any deals in April or May when busy.

We also did a back to school / fall cleaning special in September and a special the last part of October and early November to kick start the holiday cleaning season. Agin we were fully booked from Mid-November through early January.

Scott Warrington

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm doing one special this year from Jan. 15 to March 15th about a 20% discount.

Keith

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I send out cards every month with specials.

And here's why!

You never know which month your clients will have company, a new baby, pet spots, selling a home, water damage, just decide to clean, holidays, parties, impressing their in-laws, have extra money, opens the drapes and sees the dirt, sick kids or for whatever reason.

Sending monthly cards out with specials keeps you business top of mind. It helps to lock out other cleaning companies from stealing your clients. It also, promotes more cleaning frequency. You may think your clients love your company. But, many clients will forget your name. They will become blind to that magnet you left on the refrigerator.

A card with a monthly special can also remind clients of your referral system or the special can also be passed on to your client's friends and neighbors.

Any cost for the specials can be easily justified by raising your rates. These job are usually larger that YP jobs. These client clean more often. Other that the price of the mailing there is very minimal cost for each client, unlike most other advertising methods.

It's far less expensive to farm previous clients than to advertise for new clients.

Don't waste this valuable resource!!

Dave-

CapeCleaner

Mikey P - The special will be advertised on a newspaper insert. I always let existing clients know ahead of time that I will running a special.

Scott - Carpet cleaning is still a fairly new service offering for me so I want to capitalize on the urge to have a house looking good for the holidays. I also just bought a van and TM so I want to make sure it's kept busy. I wasn't sold on the spring special but like your idea the "book early" ad.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A percentage discount may not mean much for a newspaper insert. It may be far more important to just get their attention before the piece goes into the trash. Maybe a free bottle of spotter, testimonials, eye catching photos, free room, free carpet protector ect...

Be honest. Does a 15% discount get you to rush over and pick up the phone?

Customers know that price is relative, many client may be turned off by a lower price out of fear. But trust, reliabilaty, accountabilaty and even getting a free gift maybe a lot more important to prospective clients.

Dave-

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm finding that giving a price on the offer isn't so bad as long as you lay out the square foot requirements. Kinda feels like bait and switch and there are a few more price shoppers in the mix but not as bad as I anticipated.

I wouldn't do a price once a month but a card of some sort once a month wouldn't hurt.

New customer cards are good at quarterly intervals I think although I don't think once a month on them could hurt either...except it might piss them off...these are mailing to the same areas.
If you can mix up areas a little...once a month would be ok for new custys.

Back
Top Bottom