How do you manage your appointments/schedule?

MikeN

Figured this might be interesting.... especially for O/O's. 8)

How do you track and manage your appointments and schedules? Dayplanner, piece of paper, software, etc?

Name
Bruce
Microsoft Outlook so I can have everything on my Palm, plus my wife likes to still keep everything in an old fashioned schedule calender. But for sure it always goes on the outlook calender.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a laptop with an Internet connection mounted in the back of the truck at a workstation, chair and all. Just set it up. If I get a call while I am in the front I jot down the info and look at my schedule sheet and hand log it and type it in when I get in back. When I am down between jobs I park in a busy lot and pull a chair up to the workstation and get to work in my "office"

I use my MSN mail and more calendar

Name
Bruce
Greg Crowley said:
I have a laptop with an Internet connection mounted in the back of the truck at a workstation, chair and all. Just set it up. If I get a call while I am in the front I jot down the info and look at my schedule sheet and hand log it and type it in when I get in back. When I am down between jobs I park in a busy lot and pull a chair up to the workstation and get to work in my "office"
But what program are you using ? Chaching , Camelot ?

A. wilson

For scheduling, day-planner. Much easier and faster to check the schedule or write something in and make notes. It would take me 3x longer to schedule or look up scheduling in a computer.

I do use a laptop to look up other info in Q-books, like repeat custy info, charges, directions, etc.

Bob Foster

I agree with Al. I run a Blackberry and syncing to Outlook is no problem. The problem is talking on the phone with my customers and easily finding a time and inputting phone number address while on my mobile.

I take all my calls personally. I have a wireless headphone set and its still useless when you have to flip through screens and talk at the same time all the while either driving or writing on your knee while standing in a customers hallway.

I have gone back to a tried and true system that is simple and works well. I have a small coil-back Mead memo book (less than $1 at Walmart) that fits easily in my shirt pocket. It holds enough space for 2 or 3 months of appointments plus plenty of extra pages at the back for notes.

I number each page with the day and date and on Sat/Sun I split the same page. This wouldn't work if you had to track more than yourself.

I still have the advantage of the Blackberry for scrolling to get to phone numbers and synced to Outlook. I also have the Blackberry that is shaped like a phone and not the wide style one. In my front pocket I have my office all neat and organized: Phone pen appointment book and it's not bulky - it doesn't even stick out over the pocket.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I come home every day and my work orders and schedules are on my desk for the next day......................

all I do is map them out.........

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Just got a motorola q about a month ago. It has a full keyboard so typing fast enough while talking on it is no problem. The home screen holds two days worth of appointments, so any time I look at the phone I see what jobs are coming up. Another cool feature is I can make a call right from the calendar. Very convenient for confirming appointments on the fly. I sync it to outlook daily but only so I have a back up in case I drop the phone or something. I use qb customer manager for my customer database.

Jimbo

I wait till the voice mail is full...and won't accept any more calls...then book a few jobs on the non-boating days....then purge voice mail...kinda like bulima for the treo

I really do need someone to answer my phone

My requirements are Sultry mid 30's woman's voice...may work from home...prefer Swedish accent...but British would work. Available 9 to 4 Pacific time...kids are ok if gagged...oh nevermind...

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Bruce Humphrey said:
Microsoft Outlook so I can have everything on my Palm, plus my wife likes to still keep everything in an old fashioned schedule calender. But for sure it always goes on the outlook calender.

I use Agendus Pro on my Palm/Treo and Outlook on my pc to back it up. The treo has a SD slot and even if it crashes retains memory. Great part about it is that I can see EXACTLY when I cleaned for someone. And, if they call me...their name shows up on my screen...and a picture of their house If I remembered to take one.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
week at a glance day planner. It's my bible. very easy to glance at while driving and schedule appointments.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I'm telling you people. Spend the money and buy a PDA phone. When my customers call in, I already know who they are, and when I cleaned for them last. I don't have to input address, phone, etc. all I got to do is click "new meeting" and BAM...DONE. Agendus Pro synchronizes the Calendar with your contacts. If a new customer calls in, I just hit a button to record the call and play back the details of it later. I write most of it down on a notepad, and then input it when I have a moment.

I did dayplanner for years. PDA phone is 100 times SMARTER.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom