Hi Tec & Us Maintenance

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Anyone ever deal with these guys. Did a couple of jobs, they just keep going lower. Already kicked one to the curb. Told them I could loose money from the comfort of my couch. The other wants me to clean a chain of stores but it comes out to .05 -.06 sf

Is this normal?

Lots of places to clean but @ $60.00 an hour at night :?

Do I take the bait so I might make a few bucks in the winter ???

I love what I do, but this business is a real PITA to get started.

GRHeacock

Getting started is always tough- no question.

I suggest getting a Cimex or similar machine and encap these stores.

With a little practice, you can make a living- not great, but not starving, either.

As long as they pay promptly, that is the biggest thing.

If they take 60 or 90 days to pay- forget it.

Gary

I feel your pain. Never had any luck with cleaning companies that manage the cleaning, at chains thru out the country. Cause they know the business they make the profit, that should be yours. Yes they find people that will do their work. Do we really want another middleman controlling our money. If they get paid in 30 days. Then wait 30 days to pay you, that is 60 days after service. A cleaning service is only valuable until you perform the work. If their is a problem with payment or money problems within one of the firms. The property manager/account manager can walk out and look at the carpets that were cleaned 60 days ago and say, Boy they don't look so good now, maybe we won't pay. The contractor we hired wasn't very good. When in turn you know you did a job worthy of payment. Cause we don't stop cleaning until it is the best it can be, we are the professional. I know of one large company that got burnt for some $10,000. Not from one of the companies that you post about. Extra Info, Thanks, Ron

Jimbo

Hey Louis...Don't do it at their rates. If you need the commercial work bad...hit the pavement...join some networking group...LeTip or BNI,,,and let them help you find work.

I like Gary's suggestion...if you got your own work at twice the Cleaning MGT companies rate...and Cimex'd it...you'd be making some nice money.- Jim

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gary is right, as usual! Cimex is they only way I would clean at those rates, and you'll still need some decent square footage to come out.

60-days, too long at those rates I would want to be paid in 10-days!

I wouldn't give them both a cheap rate and terms.

If you need the money you could always do a few and see how good they are.

I suppose if you develop a level of trust and are turning a bunch of work, the roll would eventually begin where you would have some consistent cash coming in?

:roll:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I would love to encap it, but the contract states HWE cleaning. One of the companies had a contract that wanted me to move fixtures/ vacuum/
pre-spray/remove gum/ HWE/ fan dry, all for $90.00 for a 1345sf store 30 miles away

Hi my name is Forest, Forest Gump

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Use Hot Water to mix your encap juice, they Extract when they vacuum!

HWE :lol:

You would have to be flying to make it worth your while....$90.00 1-hr 15 minutes plus travel? :shock:

$45.00 an hour less gas, probably better options out there.

I'd start now before you get close to winter and begin dropping in on some commercial accounts in your own town.

It would at least save you the 1-hr travel plus you can get a better rate with out the big guy taking his cut! :wink:

TimP

I've had to wait 4-5 months for a check from one of these cleaning companies. I haven't wanted to do work again for them either....why would I when I can do residential and get paid that day and see a smile on my customers face because of a job well done. As far as .5-.6 cents a foot I'd tell them to stop wasting my time and not to call me again and that I'd rather sit at home and go broke before I work for those prices. I'd do it if it was a large job and I could encap but hwe forget it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Most require HWE and if you don't they could deny payment.

I bid a large sporting goods store and my price was double what they would pay me.I asked who would work for that low price.He told me SS had been doing it but they did poor work.

:roll:

danpauselius

We've got one that we'll work with. (Been through 3 others) They tell us what they think it should pay, I go look at it, generally add at least 50%, and they say OK.

Nothing to write home about but it fits into the schedule nicely.

Fon Johnson

It you want to go broke, run down your equipment, use all of your supplies, and not have money for replacement.. then go for it! They pay dirt, and they expect the sun, moon, and the stars. They will hold you liable for every tiny conceivable problem, finding a way to wiggle out of paying you (if they do, it will take forever to get it.)

The only one I have dealt with that is fairly decent is Equis.

Rex Tyus

With few exceptions cleaning brokers are a shady bunch. They profit buy milking start ups that don't know any better for all they can and then find some other honest yet naive start up. I once had one that wanted a building cleaned every 30 days. I cleaned it and 29 days later I called and said "you are due for another cleaning yet I still haven't received payment on the first." The guy said to stay on the cleaning schedule but they only pay every 45 days. I couldn't stop :lol: . Fortunately I had a work order signed (one of only 5 times I have ever done this) that clearly stated my terms and I sent a registered letter reminding them. Never called them back. Some other poor soul is dealing with them now. The short answer is never let them set the price and get references from them that can attest to their payment procedures. The reputable brokers know their industries reputation and shouldn't mind. It is tough to let work go especially when starting out. But some jobs are better not to get.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom