help with customer that wants 1 year warranty

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i need to do this more but it is my first one..
what is the usual amount of service calls in the year? should i put a limit on them in the warranty paperwork?
how should i price it up?
we wrote up the wording to exclude us of any liability for anything but just need to fill in the blanks..
anyone have a form they can email would be awesome..
thanks
dave

WISE

Dave--

Scott Rendall has a great warranty program. Maybe talk to him about the details.

Also--

Did some more work for D Gibson--we put carpet in their rental property here last year and cleaned it this year. Also put new vinyl in the kitchen and baths last month. THANKS FOR THE REFERRAL!!!

WISE

Scott

Thanks for the mention, Wise.

Dave, here's how we do it:

We don't sell protector, we sell warranties. One is a 6 month spill warranty and the other is 12 month spill warranty. The 6 mo. is .11 less per sqft than the 12 month.

It's right on our invoices; we cover spills only, not general soiling. No weasel language at all. We only cover spills during the warranty time frame. (even though vomit isn't a spill, we cover that too if they call - we just don't advertise it. Urine, unless it's spilled out of a cup - no. And yes, we've cleaned up one urine spill out of a cup before)

Make it easy for the customer to see the value and they will buy. Our min. is $125. If they spill something - doesn't matter if it's ink, Kool-Aid, oil, wine - whatever; and if they purchased the warranty, they're covered free of charge.

Scott

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks for the info guys..it took me down a different road than i was going to go.

wise glad to hear you are getting some business out of the gibsons..they are good people.
dave

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Here is wording based on what our warranty forms say -

Heading with the company name, phone number and logo

"Maxim Advanced Carpet & Fabric Protector
Limited One Year Warranty

If you have your carpet professionally cleaned and protected with Maxim Advanced by _Company Name____________
we warrant that from one year from the date of protector application, if the treated carpet becomes stained from water-based or oil-based stains occuring during NORMAL HOUSEHELOD USE, and these stains cn not be removed by using the following "Stain Removal Procedures," then COMPANY NAME will return and attempt to remove the stains. If the stains can not be removed we will refund the amount you paid for the Maxim Advanced Protector. Once you have recieved reimbursement, the warranty is nul and void."

STAIN REMOVAL PROCEDURES - We leave them a bottle of Home Pro Spotter with our name and phone number

Customer information section - includes their name, address, phone number, date protector was applied, which rooms applied to, any pre-existing stains or damages, their signature and the technicians signature.

Exclusions
1. Normal accumulation of soil from everyday use.
2. Carpet in rental or commercial properties.
3. Stains or color loss caused by bleach, corrosives, acne medicines, dyes, abuse, vandalism or disasters such as fires, floods or other acts of nature.
4. Pet urine or other stains of a repetitive nature.

Tracking this from many companies around the country that use this system, over a years time the average call backs is about 3% with no one reporting higher than 5% call backs.

Scott Warrington

P.S. Steve Toburen reminded me to include a P.S. We sell a Protector marketing kit that includes scripts for marketing, product information for the tech and the customer on DVD and video, treated and untreated carpet samples for demonstrations, warranty forms, salse brochures and so forth. A couple of extra sales would pay for the amrketing kit.

GRHeacock

The 6 month or year warantee deal worked out great for me.

Wording like Scott's is the best, and leaves the customer feeling good about the future maintenance.

You can also make the deal that you will come at specific intervals and do a light open area cleaning in order to keep a certain appearance level.

This worked great for me, too.

Ask every customer, when you are finished and they are happy, and pay you, if they would like to maintain this appearance. Actually most will say no, but enough will say yes, over time, that pretty soon, you will have a steady stream of maintenance customers that you will have a steady income, and not have to get as many new customers per month.

When they say yes- give them the price and date for the next visit. This will depend on the condition what it was before you started.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom