Hello to all!

R

rotovacguy

Hi,

My name is Telly, actually I've been on here for several months now, just never really noticed this part. I'm from Sheboygan , Wisconsin, and as my name says, I do use a Rotovac...and actually like it! I also use wands, too, just waiting for things to pick up enough for me to get one of those Greenhorns I hear so much about.

I really enjoy it here simply for the laid back atmosphere and honesty. Just in the past few months I've taken some of the advise I've read about and applied it when I'm cleaning, very helpful getting it from you old farts who've been cleaning carpets since jesus was a baby! :p

I've been doing carpets for about 8 years now, mostly during off hours when not working my "joe-job", but by no means does that make me a hack. I'm always up for some extra knowledge, if there is something I don't know, you can bet I will ask, I see no shame in that. And on the flip side, if someone has a question, I'm more than willing to provide advise, as well.

BTW, what's with the cheesy "thank you" garbage at the other site?

R

rotovacguy

Well, I suppose I like the versatility of it.

For example, on my smaller jobs that require scrubbing, I'll just pop on the brush heads instead of pulling out the big honkin' 175. They do a pretty good job, and I like how I can switch the brushes from one head to the other so they don't get "deformed" in one direction, you can keep those bristles uniform to get deep in the pile to really pull out the crud.

A lot depends on the carpet, too. Personally, I get better results with the Rotovac on frieze and shag with the standard heads versus a wand, and those brushes do an admirable job on CGD. Keep in mind, mine is a standard powerwand, NOT a 360! I've heard guys say the 360 sucks on CGD, that I can't comment about, but can say that the original does a great job. The brush heads on the original DO NOT extract, they only squirt and scrub, which is fine by me. Let that pre-spray soak and dwell for a while, and I extract with my wand.

Again, it all depends on the job. However, down the line I do plan on investing in a Greenhorn, I've heard nothing but good about them.

Name
George Valliant
I like the Rotovac image of the guy drinking a cup of coffee while cleaning carpets. I almost bought one for that reason alone.

So, can you really drink a cup of coffee while cleaning w/ the Rotovac?

R

rotovacguy

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I like the Rotovac image of the guy drinking a cup of coffee while cleaning carpets. I almost bought one for that reason alone.

So, can you really drink a cup of coffee while cleaning w/ the Rotovac?

LOL....Can't say I ever tried it, George. :D

I will say one thing about the Rotovac, you can really tell when the floor is uneven. I have this one client up here with the most uneven floor I've ever encountered. The front of the house is solid mounted, but the back is on stilts. I don't know if the house was uneven from the beginning, or if the erosion is taking over, but the backside is waaay lower and the Rotovac just wants to pull to that side, and the way they have the rooms setup with the furniture and stuff, you have to go side to side for the most part and constantly fight that slope. It's not a big enough difference to pick up with the naked eye, or even walking on it, but with those wheels on the Rotovac you can really FEEL it.

Let's see them do that one handed coffee maneuver in a house like that! :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom