Health Care

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How many of you full time cleaners have your own health insurance?

and how much do you pay for it?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have health....life......
.....business disability and personal disability.......

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah, i was wondering because i want to eventually go all in. The company i currently work for now, pays all my health care, dental, and matches 401k. i currently make parts for military aircraft, GE aircraft engines, Air buss, and aircraft braking systems. its fun but stressful. i have to hold tolerances of .0002. A human hair is .003 so just figure a human hair cut into 10 or more pieces. i like it but i like cleaning carpet and being my own boss better.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
around 500.00 for the whole family.

my brother makes good money doing similar work for precision cast parts he's done many jobs there latest checks blueprints all day long with a calculator and slide rule

Brad_Smith

bluecross = over $1k a month for me, wife, 1 kid. Wife is diabetic so we have to have a group plan to get insurance. went from $750 - $1k this year. Ouch! I feel like I work for the oil companies and health care.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Serious question. Does the cost of, or unavailability of, health care make you more prone to vote for Obama in this election, so that the Democrats can have another go at passing universal health care legislation?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Major medical type policy for my wife and I was about $360 per month. It did not cover routine doctor office visits and so forth, but did pay 80% of any charge over $1,000. That was in 2004.

The currently premium - paid by my employer - is in the high $700 range. This does cover doctor's visits with a co-pay.

Scott Warrington

Dion R

Marty,

NO! What has the the government touched that decreased costs? The last thing I want is more government involvement. Universal health care is a bad Idea. You think taxes are high now? wait till the government gets involved in your health too.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
admiralclean said:
Does the cost of, or unavailability of, health care make you more prone to vote for Obama in this election, so that the Democrats can have another go at passing universal health care legislation?

Why...? so they can do for health care what they've done for social security, Medicaid , veterans administration, welfare, failed energy policy, failed foreign policy

both parties stick it to us i won't be voting for either crook this fall

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Uninsurable - no VA entitlement - not much dough in the bank - basically shit out of luck.

admiralclean said:
Serious question. Does the cost of, or unavailability of, health care make you more prone to vote for Obama in this election, so that the Democrats can have another go at passing universal health care legislation?

Yes. Every developed nation (and a few less developed nations) except us has universal health care for it's citizens of one type or another. It's about time we catch up.

Take care,
Lisa

DevilDog

This is for "A little cleaner'. Are you on drugs, some serious ass drugs.

If you would take the time to actually pay attention you would see that under both Clinton's and Obama's plans health care cost will not go up.

Some of you people live under a rock...and I can almost guarantee anyone that would make a statement like that is a Republican that only listens to Crazy Rush and Dickhead Bill O'Reily.

My goodness.

DevilDog

steve r

scott,

i worked for a company that made brake and fuel control systems for the aero space industry also.

i liked most of the work and use to hold.00005 tolerances between matching parts.i used to hone and lap parts and i ran a centerless grindr for a while too where we matched parts to the 50 millionths over about a 3 inch part.

i also ran lathes and screw machines.

my wife had insurance when i quit but she got layed off and hasnt picked up insurance yet at her new job.i priced it through the chamber of commerce and was quoted about 400 month for blue cross blue shield.

doctor visits for us now cost $70 and most prescriptions you can get for $4 at wally world. weve been to the doctor twice in 6 months so far but i know im treading on thin ice.

Dion R

Devil Dog

You are right I am Republican. DO not confuse that with me liking everthing the Republican party does nor with disliking everything a Democrat does. If McCain had a Universal healthcare plan I would be against it, just as I was against Romney's ( my preferred candidate)Mass. Healthcare plan. Nor do I live under a rock. I understand what is being proposed and I disagree with it. I am against government interference. While I don't think it is truly possible to have a health plan with out raising health care costs I do beleve it is NOT possible to do so without raising taxes. I am surprised that as a business owner you are for what could be arguably called an entitlement program. Social security is in trouble because, in part, there will be more people drawing from it than putting in to it. That is a drop in the bucket compared to what will happen with the Health care. A significant portion of the population is aging and soon to be retiring. They will NOT be putting money into the program but they will draw from it. Just as the current work force cannot sustain Social security benefits it will not be able to sustain Health Care WITHOUT raising taxes. I'm Canadian but left when I was in my 20s. The government at that time imposed an additional 8% tax on good and services above provincial tax. That means in BC where I lived everything had an 15% tax on it. Canada is now looking at ways to turn to the private sector to help with Healthcare costs.

Anyway, From under a rock, Dion

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
DevilDog said:
This is for "A little cleaner'. Are you on drugs, some serious ass drugs.

If you would take the time to actually pay attention you would see that under both Clinton's and Obama's plans health care cost will not go up.

Some of you people live under a rock...and I can almost guarantee anyone that would make a statement like that is a Republican that only listens to Crazy Rush and Dickhead Bill O'Reily.

My goodness.

DevilDog

Hussein himself says that the costs under his plan would go up by 50-65 BILLION dollars per year. That is after deducting hypothetical savings that he claims we'll receive by improving efficiency under his system. So you can count on it being even higher because the government has NEVER improved the efficiency of anything, that it has taken over.

Honestly I don't know why you wouldn't like O'Reilly either he gives VERY favorable coverage to Hussein. That is one of the reasons I don't like O'Reilly is he handles Hussein with kid gloves.

Greenie

I'm just curious, what makes anyone think that health care will not go up, everything goes up?

My lovely wife holds hope for national health care, and it is indeed a basic human need, but I'm not sure I want to pay for everyone's health care.

Remove the frivolous malpractice claims and health care will be affordable for everyone without any taxation. And yes I have to echo, the Gov't has never done anything "better" than the private sector.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Greenie said:
I'm just curious, what makes anyone think that health care will not go up, everything goes up?

My lovely wife holds hope for national health care, and it is indeed a basic human need, but I'm not sure I want to pay for everyone's health care.

In 1937 when the social security act was passed the tax rate was 2% today it’s 15.3% total employee employer withholding a nearly 800% increase for benefits that sill don’t provide enough for retired people and do people earn more or less than they did in 1937 ? A % of a salary is an automatic increase SS went 800% above that

Clearly something needs to be done my big concerns we end up like social security or worse

http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_3_c ... hcare.html

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/news/pr/92 ... c2208.html

Able 1

Name
Keith
that is working great for Canada!

You are just a number on a list!

DevilDog

Of course everything goes up...that is a natural. We are talking about how much it is going to go up.

If something is not done soon...you'll all be working a week to just pay health insurance cost.

Listen, the Republicans opinion on this does NOT matter. They don't care. I am tired of Right Wing Wack jobs yapping about things they are totally wrong about.

And by the way, if we were not spending hundreds of BILLIONS on a completely ridiculous war...we could afford a really good health care plan.

DevilDog

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am paying 2 chickens and a pile of dog feces for my healthcare in the philippines right now, the only problem is getting to my dr over there

Brad_Smith

Todd do you really believe the dem's are less evil than the rep's. They all are evil. Come on your smarter than to be the dem's bitch.

I pay over a grand a month now and don't make big money. Yet I think the gov. needs to stay the F out. I don't know the answer, but the gov is not it. Look we are putting in 15% of what we make to SS and the return is low maybe arround 1%. Don't think health care will be better.

Lisa everyone is insurable. Fed law says group plans can't deny. Anthem (bluecross) only needs a group of 2. With an LLC you and Jeff are the 2 employees. Yes your rates will be higher but can't be more than 60%. My wife is type 1 diabetic and this is how we are set up. No problems for 3 years.

gary mackay

I have National Health Care - Naval hospital, USN retired. $460.00 per year. I was once a Canadian & it seems I am again. The government is very good about contracting out to the lowest bidder like the $7.95 per room guy. The civilian Dr's up there scare me. National health care will make us a 3rd world nation for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom