guarantee / disclaimer on the back of invoice

Walt

I was thinking about putting our guarantee and a disclaimer on the back of our invoice. In particular, we don't do dry solvent cleaning of anything. We either refer it out or offer to do a wet cleaning. Which so far hasn't been a problem. But it would be nice to have a disclaimer handy when it comes up that I could have them initial. What do you think?

Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning Guarantees your carpet is cleaned to your satisfaction. It is our goal to provide you with the best service. If at any time you see any problems please point them out to the cleaning technician or call us directly at 503-332-9046. Eco Clean promises to perform the service indicated in a proper and professional manner, using equipment, cleaners and techniques standard for the cleaning industry.

The customer understands that some stains are difficult or impossible to remove from all textiles. Some of these are but are not limited to: Ink, blood, red wine, synthetic and natural dyes, paint of any kind, urine, and color loss from chlorine bleach, oxy-bleach, and acne medicine ect. The customer agrees that Eco Clean shall not be held liable for any discoloration from non-waterfast dyes or backing threads, nor any change in color, shrinking, opening of seams or fading of fabrics that may appear in the process of cleaning. Fraying of fabrics and textiles in areas of normal wear will not be a responsibility of Eco Clean.

Eco Clean does not provide “S” (solvent) cleaning of any kind. Most textiles with the “S” tag may be safely cleaned with normal “W” (wet cleaning) process or VLM (very low moisture cleaning) - including wool, cotton and silk. However, there is some risk in doing so. Eco Clean will not be held liable for any damage caused to textiles due to cleaning process. Any textile not containing cleaning label is assumed to Wet Cleanable. Further Eco Clean is not responsible for any upholsterers marks (pen marks or notes that are made on the cushion beneath the fabric) that bleed to the surface during cleaning.

Eco Clean does not guarantee the removal of stains or odors caused by pets.

Eco Clean shall not be liable for any slip and fall accidents or injuries caused as a result of the services performed.

If at any time you are not satisfied with the cleaning, please call. Eco Clean will return and re-clean areas to your satisfaction.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
This is what I do.

Due to Insurance regulations; Items such as: breakables ,TVs, computers,
glassware, grandfather clocks, bookshelves, or pianos can not be moved.
Royal is not responsible for color transfer, change, bleeding, shrinking,
or loose seems in carpet or furniture. Some stains, spots or shading may
be permanent due to their nature. Royal Cleaning Service reserves the
right to Replace, Repair or Refund the cost of cleaning on all claims.

The most they can hit you for is a refund of the cleaning.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Might pay to check with your attorney... :lol: we're rug suckers :oops:

But, my understanding is that the client has to be aware of T's & C's AT THE TIME OF ENTERING INTO THE CONTRACT and so having your disclaimer on the back of an invoice (seeing them after the work is complete) is not worth the paper it was written on.

A few years back when I was redesigning my invoices, I asked the same question of my lawyer and that's what she said so I didn't bother.

On the back of a quote form is a whole different ball game and probably worth considering. Especailly for a company that gets a written quote signed off before any work. That would hold water especailly if the signature was also agreeing to the T&C's on the back.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom