Full Name- Ashley James Mckendree

Company Name- Elite Carpet Care

Owner or employee- Owner

How long in the trade- 7 years owning, 14 years pushing a wand/OP

City and state- Versailles, KY - Most work done in Lexington

Website- Want one

Phone number if no website - 859.797.7853

Are you a member of a cleaning association? No

Are you a supplier or manufacturer? For myself :)

Services offered- Carpet, Upholstery, Tile & Grout

Main cleaning equipment owned- DIESEL Van Running 100% Waste cooking oil, Home made PTO, next unit will be a Vortex wanabe (gear belt running 2 #5 Sutorbilts, direct from trans)

How did you find Mikey's Board- What respectable cleaner DOESN'T know about MB?

How can we help you- Just looking for better ways to run my business without working more :)

How can you help us- Comic Relief/Village Idiot

gasaxe

home unit huh?? i wanna see pics!!! you can email them if you dont want to post em.. send me a p.m and ill get ya my email

you runnin straight veggie or you brewin some bio??

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
We run 100% Waste Cooking Oil straight from a Restaurant where we have a contract (No modifiing!) They use it LESS THAN A DAY, So all we have to do is strain the chunks of food and bits of fish fry out. (Then filter down to 5 Microns)

I have access to 320 Gallons a week from this company (4 restaurants total) I sell what I don't use to a guy who makes NICE Bio-Diesel processors for about .90/Gal.

We stuck a 10 Gallon home made WVO tank next to our Heat exchanger, and the oil stays around 150F in the summer. 90F in the winter.
This will be our 1st year running 100% WVO, for the past 2 years we mixed 15/20% diesel but realized our engine ran BETTER on just straight oil, used less per hour cleaning (1/3 GPH - One third gallon per hour instead of Half a gallon per hour) and got better MPG From 17mpg to 19mpg In town.

We also have a separate 5 gallon tank with straight Diesel that we switch too when we are about 2 miles from our shop after a long days work... cause it does NOT like starting on the WVO :)

The van is a 1997 E-250, We installed a Modified & Rebuilt 7.3 NON TURBO Navistar Diesel, with a 5 speed Manual ZF HD Transmission with Dual PTO ports.
(It was a B**** making a clutch petal for this VAN) beefed up Suspension etc.

And as far as Pics I will be posting some soon for the Mytee contest, just right now the van is a disaster area...

Me and dad have been working NON-STOP all summer, and needless to say a Neighbor kid walked by my van when it was opened the other day and said "It looks like a bunch of cats threw up in your van".

Unfortunately he was right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom