Got Ripped off by JonDon's repair side yesterday!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Please let us know what happens when you try harder. :winky:
Ofer, I don't think Greg even "tried" to start with! Sigh...

Greg, Greg, Greg,
All of this DRAMA could have been avoided with a simple phone call. (And Chris Bowling has called you twice- he was on hold the first time for 15 minutes and then called back and left you a message along with sending you an email today asking you to call him.) Here is the truth:

1. Greg, the repair that is posted is an Estimate only; Jon-Don has NOT performed any work on the machine other than diagnosing the problem with the equipment and you have not been charged one cent. (So no, Greg, you have not been "ripped off"! Sheesh!)

2. The original Repair Estimate did have two errors on it. First, the freight for the part needs to be removed and the total labor should be one hour (30 minutes for diagnostic & 30 minutes for the repair). Both of these changes could have been addressed with a simple phone call or at check-out. So the amount you would have been charged when the invoice/repair order was checked over is:
Parts - Power cord & two sets up electrical pins $76.48 (cord $42, pin each $17.24)
Labor - One hour
Total Parts & Labor - $155.48 + tax

Greg, we repair hundreds (heck, maybe thousands!) of items every day at Jon-Don. And if someone isn't happy we want to know about it AND we WILL make it right. So thanks (I think) for letting us know about your concerns.

But remember, Greg, you haven't even been charged a penny. (Your only "cost" has been the managerial dilution created when you posted what could have been cleared up with a 3 minute phone call or email.) All this unneeded drama... pass the popcorn please! :)

Steve

PS Oh, and by the way, Greg, please call Chris Bowling. He misses you! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Snow

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ofer, I don't think Greg even "tried" to start with! Sigh...

Greg, Greg, Greg,
All of this DRAMA could have been avoided with a simple phone call. (And Chris Bowling has called you twice- he was on hold the first time for 15 minutes and then called back and left you a message along with sending you an email today asking you to call him.) Here is the truth:

1. Greg, the repair that is posted is an Estimate only; Jon-Don has NOT performed any work on the machine other than diagnosing the problem with the equipment and you have not been charged one cent. (So no, Greg, you have not been "ripped off"! Sheesh!)

2. The original Repair Estimate did have two errors on it. First, the freight for the part needs to be removed and the total labor should be one hour (30 minutes for diagnostic & 30 minutes for the repair). Both of these changes could have been addressed with a simple phone call or at check-out. So the amount you would have been charged when the invoice/repair order was checked over is:
Parts - Power cord & two sets up electrical pins $76.48 (cord $42, pin each $17.24)
Labor - One hour
Total Parts & Labor - $155.48 + tax

Greg, we repair hundreds (heck, maybe thousands!) of items every day at Jon-Don. And if someone isn't happy we want to know about it AND we WILL make it right. So thanks (I think) for letting us know about your concerns.

But remember, Greg, you haven't even been charged a penny. All this unneeded drama... pass the popcorn please! (Oh, Greg, please call Chris Bowling. He misses you!) :)

Steve

PS Greg, the DH you referenced above- someone (not Jon-Don) tried repairing it. They seriously messed up the wiring in the unit and we needed to rewire the machine and replace the compressor. Obviously not a warranty repair! :)

Smack! Jondon 1 Greg 0

hogjowl

Idiot™
Try to understand Greg for a minute guys.

You can NOT run the type of business he runs without having to constantly look over your shoulder.

So, isn't it easy to understand why the guy might be a little quick to get all Bristor on people on occasion?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Try to understand Greg for a minute guys.

You can NOT run the type of business he runs without having to constantly look over your shoulder.

So, isn't it easy to understand why the guy might be a little quick to get all Bristor on people on occasion?

No its not easy..because, basically HIS customers are looking over their shoulders too, when his contractors show up and the 6.95s are going up up up.

So he creates that environment..

Btw I understand why Greg is upset and I would definitely call jondon to figure it out...

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I think Ofer was talking about Willy trying harder.

I did and it didn't help the little fella one bit. So, I'd like to make it available to the rest of the population.

After all, I did not call it the "try harder package." :winky:

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhhh not to take sides....

but he did mention his SHOP GUY WAS OUT ON VACATION!!!!!!

so he does have 1....

and 2

fooking power cords are spendy, dont care who you are.....

and 3....

listen to Jim, cut it and put ends on......duh....ohhh them things can be spendy to.....think mine were like $7-10....for an end....decent one, not some lamp end

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I personally try to live by the motto "Praise in public, condemn in private". It has served me well in my career with employees, vendors, volunteers etc.
How did you ever get to be so smart, Ken? And so nice?

Steve

PS OK, so maybe Greg is a little "trigger happy" with his online complaints! I still say "thank you".

For example, when I was cleaning carpets we would sometimes get what our techs considered to be a totally unfair complaint. I just told 'em, "OK, Mrs. Jones is functioning as an 'unpaid consultant' for us. So what do we need to change in our paperwork/production flow to make sure THIS particular complaint never happens again?" At Jon-Don we're already analyzing how to benefit from your concerns, Greg, and thanks again!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm confused. Is Greg the smart intellectual he appeared at Mikefest or is he this fly off the handle and act like a big baby when shit doesn't go his way???

Seriously why would you not ask, not allow someone respond and justify their bill? Is there more to this?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I personally try to live by the motto "Praise in public, condemn in private". It has served me well in my career with employees, vendors, volunteers etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I try that first, but after that, it's fair game. I'm not going to eat somebody's bullshit and I've warned more than a few about less thans. If you lay down and take rubbish. Am I wrong to warn others of unscrupulous behavior or should I let them "squeal like a pig"?
Example: Prochem bullshit. The dealer didn't stand behind what they sold and Prochem told me to buzz off.
000_0014.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
uhhhh not to take sides....

but he did mention his SHOP GUY WAS OUT ON VACATION!!!!!!

so he does have 1....

and 2

fooking power cords are spendy, dont care who you are.....

and 3....

listen to Jim, cut it and put ends on......duh....ohhh them things can be spendy to.....think mine were like $7-10....for an end....decent one, not some lamp end

While Jim is a smart man he is so very wrong on that. It is a serious OSHA violation to cut a cord and put an end on. A home owner can do that but as a buisness you must replace the cord. Now will you ever get caught? Probably not just as you probably wont get caught carrying sally's on your truck. If the cord is damaged/loses the ground IT MUST BE REPLACED.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've meditated deeply, in the downward dog position while appealing to all Gods, past and present. Jack shit for results.
(I'm a grand sight in my yoga pants- what a cameltoe:eekk:)

It really is karma coming home. I''m sure Jondon thought of cole in the aggregate and just said **** him.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

sorry...no way in hell is that a violation....if the proper cord cap is installed.....OR....if you take it apart and hard wire a pig tail onto the machine with a male end...

the only way OSHA would tag you is if you used the wrong cord cap......reversed the polarity.......it was not grounded right.........the wire wraps were going the wrong direction.....or you had more then a 90% wrap.......

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This may be what causes some con******:

A double-insulated power tool that uses a two-prong (ungrounded) plug would need to have the entire cord replaced if the plug is damaged. Say, your Milwaukee side grinder.

A tool using a grounded plug is a different story. You can't make splice repairs or fix areas of worn insulation with heat-shrink, but you can certainly replace an end connector.
From the OSHA web site:
With regard to the applicable provisions in the OSHA standards for inspecting power tools, §1926.404(b)(1)(iii)(C) states:
(C) Each cord set, attachment cap, plug and receptacle of cord sets, and any equipment connected by cord and plug, except cord sets and receptacles which are fixed and not exposed to damage, shall be visually inspected before each day's use for external defects, such as deformed or missing pins or insulation damage, and for indications of possible internal damage. Equipment found damaged or defective shall not be used until repaired. [Emphasis added.]

Competently made repairs to external parts of a cord set, using parts that are at least equivalent to those used in the original tool, are permitted. For example, as long as the replacement plug is an approved item, has a capacity that meets or exceeds the original, and is properly installed, its use for repair is permitted.​
I can understand a repair shop insisting a worn or damaged cord be replaced, but we would have quite a stock of cord if we had to replace the whole thing everytime a tech broke off a ground pin.

PS: The word in the first sentence is con******. for some reason the BB screwed this up and won't let me fix it.

PPS: Is ****** a banned word?

PPPS: Not nuclear fission, but nuclear ******.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't know if we can take posts as fruking ****ing full of frukckingg expletives as Oz's
wink.gif

I feel much better now.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Yes, you can replace an end.

April 4, 2010

Letter # 20070926-7973

Re: Whether extension cords may be repaired and returned to use.

Question: Where an extension cord being used in construction has been damaged near the plug end, is it permissible to replace the plug with an approved cord cap made for that type of cord, provided the repair is done by a qualified electrician?

Answer: Extension cords used in construction may be repaired, so long as the repair returns the cord to the "approved" state required by §1926.403(a).

This section states, "All electrical conductors and equipment shall be approved."

The repair of cords and cord sets is permitted under 1926.404(b)(1)(iii)(C):

Each cord set, attachment cap, plug and receptacle of cord sets, and any equipment connected by cord and plug, except cord sets and receptacles which are fixed and not exposed to damage, shall be visually inspected before each day's use for external defects, such as deformed or missing pins or insulation damage, and for indications for possible internal damage. Equipment found damaged or defective shall not be used until repaired. (Emphasis added.)
Repairs of extension cords are therefore permitted under §1926.404(b)(1)(iii)(C). However, in order to remain compliant with §1926.403(a), the repairs must return the equipment to the state in which it was initially approved.

FredC

Village Idiot
confusion .........

I missed a curly bracket..fixed now...but older post may still show as censored

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom