Got my ass handed to me

Name
Austin Willoughby
So this one really got the best of me today. Yall give me some of your guru expert advice on how to have gotten better results for this one. So this was my process. Prevac, follow with hydroforce sprayer 4:1 using citrazolv all and high ph harvard chem prespray 12-13ph. Dwell then rinsed at 400 psi to get top layer broken up so it could penatrate. Spray again heavier. Hit with oreck bumped up to 700 psi. Follow in 2 more times of pre spray with more citrazolv all added at 800 psi. Used nearly 3/4 of a 5 quarter hydroforce sprayer of solution 😳😳. 220-230 degrees at wand. What a bust lol. Keep in mind this one had never been cleaned in probably 20 years. To add to it parking lot is across the street. Building is 100 years old and conrete subfloor underneath is pretty bad uneven and I'm sure has no moisture barrier. 3 hours down the drain for 80 bucks. So glad it's like 2 mins from my house or I would have been pissed lol. The charge was original 100 which is my local minimum but I wasn't happy with results so I gave a discount.

20231002_121953.jpg 20231002_132836.jpg 20231002_135242.jpg 20231002_144354.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So this one really got the best of me today. Yall give me some of your guru expert advice on how to have gotten better results for this one. So this was my process. Prevac, follow with hydroforce sprayer 4:1 using citrazolv all and high ph harvard chem prespray 12-13ph. Dwell then rinsed at 400 psi to get top layer broken up so it could penatrate. Spray again heavier. Hit with oreck bumped up to 700 psi. Follow in 2 more times of pre spray with more citrazolv all added at 800 psi. Used nearly 3/4 of a 5 quarter hydroforce sprayer of solution 😳😳. What a bust lol. Keep in mind this one had never been cleaned in probably 20 years. To add to it parking lot is across the street. Building is 100 years old and conrete subfloor underneath is pretty bad uneven and I'm sure has no moisture barrier. 3 hours down the drain for 80 bucks. So glad it's like 2 mins from my house or I would have been pissed lol. The charge was original 100 which is my local minimum but I wasn't happy with results so I gave a discount.

View attachment 124676 View attachment 124677 View attachment 124678 View attachment 124679
Getting it too wet, pressure is way too high. Price is way too low. Probably could have done a better job by vacuuming and just using the Oreck with a proper oxy-encap. I did a large apartment building last week that had horrendous stains in every hallway. Used my Phoenix, Saiger's code Red of encaps, boosted a little with TOPS spotter. Came out amazing and carpets were dry in less than 2 hours with no wicking.

Name
Austin Willoughby
Getting it too wet, pressure is way too high. Price is way too low. Probably could have done a better job by vacuuming and just using the Oreck with a proper oxy-encap. I did a large apartment building last week that had horrendous stains in every hallway. Used my Phoenix, Saiger's code Red of encaps, boosted a little with TOPS spotter. Came out amazing and carpets were dry in less than 2 hours with no wicking.
Started with way lower pressure. Wouldn't touch it even with oreck pre scrubbing. Carpet was already gone and subfloor was shot so I wasn't worried about getting it wet. Also I'm running a 56 blower so it was virtually dry by the time I left. I basically pressure washed the floor to see if it would get any better and nope. I charged low bc it was more a learning experience for me hehe. Worst flooring I've ever cleaned tbh

Those stains you mentioned were in fact stains? I'm pretty certain this was not a stain but damage. The stains that were there somewhat came out. The big brown one was mostly rust and I didn't promise anything on it bc I wasn't really charging for it. I spent so much time on the black the rest kinda had to be left. There were a few paint stains rust and what not .

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Sometimes there are jobs that really aren't worth doing.

I had the privilege of growing up around some very wise men.

One would have reminded you of those old acoustic blues players. He always wore sunglasses, and had a bottle in a paper bag by his old guitar.

The wisest words he ever shared:

"Son....you can't shine sh*t"

Name
Austin Willoughby

One would have reminded you of those old acoustic blues players. He always wore sunglasses, and had a bottle in a paper bag by his old guitar.

Bingo there it is. I discovered this after about over an hour worth of work and wanted to see what others had to say lol. Got some savors on here and wanted their input lolol.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Bingo there it is. I discovered this after about over an hour worth of work and wanted to see what others had to say lol. Got some savors on here and wanted their input lolol.
You know they're probably happy with the results, also it you use a powdered peroxide or even post encap you can polish the turd even better.

That carpets wrinkled and worn.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
You know they're probably happy with the results, also it you use a powdered peroxide or even post encap you can polish the turd even better.

That carpets wrinkled and worn.
No doubt and I may could have gotten 10 percent better in that case but the price would have been more than replacing it at that rate. These people were cheap asses anyway 🙄🙄 the carpet is shot man its way worse with the wrinkles in person

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
So this one really got the best of me today. Yall give me some of your guru expert advice on how to have gotten better results for this one. So this was my process. Prevac, follow with hydroforce sprayer 4:1 using citrazolv all and high ph harvard chem prespray 12-13ph. Dwell then rinsed at 400 psi to get top layer broken up so it could penatrate. Spray again heavier. Hit with oreck bumped up to 700 psi. Follow in 2 more times of pre spray with more citrazolv all added at 800 psi. Used nearly 3/4 of a 5 quarter hydroforce sprayer of solution 😳😳. 220-230 degrees at wand. What a bust lol. Keep in mind this one had never been cleaned in probably 20 years. To add to it parking lot is across the street. Building is 100 years old and conrete subfloor underneath is pretty bad uneven and I'm sure has no moisture barrier. 3 hours down the drain for 80 bucks. So glad it's like 2 mins from my house or I would have been pissed lol. The charge was original 100 which is my local minimum but I wasn't happy with results so I gave a discount.

View attachment 124676 View attachment 124677 View attachment 124678 View attachment 124679
I think it looks good in the last photo, aged and wrinkled but dang good

Whats the beef other than it took too long?

Name
Austin Willoughby
I think it looks good in the last photo, aged and wrinkled but dang good

Whats the beef other than it took too long?
Nothing really. I just wanted to know if anyone felt like they could do better honestly and if so what methods would have been better. Not looking for a pissing contest just always wanting to learn more. Also I under charged but money can't buy experience so I'm not even mad. Lol

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Austin Willoughby

You need to acid rinse. Are you doing that?
Ummm my rinse isn't currently working thats the last thing I need to fix on my setup. I'm under the impression that rinsing with water and flushing properly will leave the ph close to nuetral and is all that's necessary for the most part. Water isn't hard where I'm at

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ummm my rinse isn't currently working thats the last thing I need to fix on my setup. I'm under the impression that rinsing with water and flushing properly will leave the ph close to nuetral and is all that's necessary for the most part. Water isn't hard where I'm at
You've been talking to Matt. Don't listen to him. Use a filter and fix your chem injection. Oh, and just to make Mikey happy, buy a glide.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson

“you can’t shine shoes’

almost fell off my chair!

• Haha
Reactions: Austin Willoughby

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson

i’m here to solve the mystery stain spot.

don’t work for chiselers that take time to clean their carpets every 20 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom