Going to SFS in Illinois!

tim

I just registered for me and an employee, I am stoked!! Booked the flights, now I need a hotel. Anyone know a good one close to Jon Don in Roselle? Anyone else here going? I really cant wait! I almost booked the HP deal in Houston then noticed an SFS and called Jon Don instead!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Great news, Tim. It sounds like many of your fellow MB board members will be present to help you in throwing vegetables, etc at Big Billy Yeadon.

Steve

PS I would recommend staying at the Quality Inn in Schaumburg. Great free breakfasts, free drinks, free shuttles, microwave and frig in all rooms and walking distance to many great restaurants and shopping. The Jon-Don rate is 69.95 and you can get the details here http://www.jondon.com/trained/roselle.htm

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I might go. Not too excited about sittin in a classroom for a week. I have ADHD. If I go no Mikeyfest. I would rather go to Mikeyfest and be drunk for three days.

Golden Boy

The Preacher

Islandboys' been known to tilt a fresh one or six back at SFS!!!

Tim and anyone else going. bring yore wife or office mgr, and both of you take notes till yore hand hurts!!! i'll be sending my wife as soon as i can!

harryhides

Name
Tony
There's no appeal to going to Chicago in January - I'll be in Tampa in Feb.

Waldo, you know that if you just lay off of the Hookah for a few days you might retrieve some of your brain function......

The Preacher

TOO LATE!! he went to a midwest university where drinking was a class required to graduate!!!

PS it's the only class he got an "A"!!!

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Have Fun man, It will be WELL worth it!!
Waldo, I would usually agree with the drinking, but not on this!! LOL

All The Best, Rob

diamond brian

I wanted to go, but apparently no bad enough.

Instead, I signed up for the Jan 14-16 repair and re-installation class in St. Louis.

I've heard nothing but good about Costa, and could use a little help with my seams.

Anybody else going? I'd be glad to split a room.

tim

Brian, Costa is scheduled to do the repair & reinstallation class at PCS in OKC in early spring. That is when I am taking it. Took his WRT class and he is a great instructor. PCS is also doing a color and repair class. Those 2 will complete my master cleaner cert.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I just signed up for the January SFS class. I looked and it will have been 7 years since my first SFS class. Time for a refresher!

And Waldo, that was my big concern with going to SFS the first time. I had no interest in sitting in a class for a week. The way it was structured and with the information that was presented, the week went by in no time flat! And one of the refreshing things about the class is that the excitement and energy that I got from the class didn't die the first week back to work the way it does with other speakers.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Wow, Brian, you are going to be sooooo impressed. Many things have changed with SFS since January of 2001! For example ...

1. Chuck Violand's waistline. (But not his razor sharp financial mind.)
2. If memory serves me I was still using transparencies and an overhead projector in 2001. Kind of embarrassing now that I think about it. SFS is PowerPoint all the way now, baby!
3. About five years ago we added the marketing genius of Big Billy Yeadon to the SFS team. You will really enjoy his Tuesday Marketing Day, "She isn't buying what you think you are selling."

Of course, other things have stayed the same ..

1. Nick Paolella's food and love of life are as superb as ever. (Hopefully if your memory is bad his jokes will seem new!)
2. Angela remains as the Mother Hen of the class and sheperds us all through our paces. (Even though sadly Angela got married a few years back, crushing many single SFS member's dreams forever!)
3. We have just as much fun as ever. We have to to survive five days!
4. I am the same, trying to live by my favorite saying, "You are only young once but you can be immature forever!" (Nick lays claim to this one too.)

Anyway, welcome back, Brian!

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS One other thing that will be different to you is the course itself, Brian. The core concepts of SFS have stayed the same but I believe we have torn the workbook apart and added/ changed major chunks five times in the last seven years. Just finishing up another re-do right now.

PPS Brian, you see one short guy, you have seen them all. And Yeadon is even shorter than Costa. So go with Tim in spring to see Barry and come hang out with Big Billy and the rest of us in January. Actually I'm just kidding. Barry is one class act. We'll have five other SFS's for you later in the year (including one the end of February in Tampa)!

Hey Waldo, life is full of choices. A 3 day binge versus 5 days at SFS. That's a tough one. If you decide for the bender in California take a bunch of cans of "menudo" with you. My Mexican friends say it is great for hangovers. Just don't read the list of ingedients!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom