From small O/O to multi truck company

Greg Loe

I had a very interesting lunch today with a guy who made 400k a year and was still broke and dieing of stress from work. He has a food distribution company here in Northern Ca. 22 employees not making what they should be making as an income but still working hard.

He found the Les Schwab book, studied it and restructured his company following the Schwab method and has increased his income times 3. His employees are independents and that increased their income times 3. He doesn't even work in the business anymore except to watch the books and make sure the system is still running good.

Just thought I'd mention it for the people looking to grow a multi truck business to consider.

mightyman

great book

This is a great book the title is call Les schwab (pride in performance keep it going) the book cost 12.50 for 250 pages which includes shipping cost. I seen a post about him on the other board and goggled the company. This is one of the best business books I have ever read and he wrote and Typed it himself back in the 80"s.

have a great day
Joe Fleming AKA The Mightyman

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
For those of you not in the PNW Les Schwab is one of the most well known tire replacement store chains around. They carry private labeled tires, as well as major brands. They pride themselves in meeting you at your car when you pull up to their store.

Schwab started in a little town in Prineville, OR. Some stores are still privately held( the original stores), but most are part of the franchise chain. Guys spend years waiting for Assistant Manager jobs, then Store manager jobs, then they move Assistant Managers to brand new stores. They have developed a very good "system".

That is all a good business is...is a SYSTEM for creating cash.

G

I just bought a copy on Amazon for $11.88 (includes shipping)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom