Free Room

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Straight Joe Polish, anyone claim success on this? Please no chatter on this one, either you know first hand or not.

G

getdusty

Yes, love it. We try to require it for new clients. Not everyone wants it, but they appreciate the offer. It's a great way to set the expectation. Some have theirs set too high. Other will be blown away with the difference. You will not go wrong by offering free rooms.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A few did it in my area before they went out of business here.

The big thing is that you need to do is prequalify.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Don't specifically know anything about Joe Polish Free Room, but we have used that off and on over the years since before he was in diapers. Like said above it is all in how you execute it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What's the differnce between giving a free room and giving the first 3 rooms at a discounted rate?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
What's the differnce between giving a free room and giving the first 3 rooms at a discounted rate?

"Cuz free don't cost nothing!!

Clean for free and make it up a volume :lol: :lol:

Sometimes I offer, free this if you do that, kind of offers.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Give a free room of Protector with every cleaning. We did well off that offer this Fall.

Connor

Name
Connor
Was that just ONE free room of protector per job?

Did you get anybody wanting all the rooms cleaned to get free protector?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I did it a ton about ten years ago. I did the Free Room no obligation offer. Had one too many that didn't do anything else and got burned out on it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By doing 3 rooms at a discounted rate... It pretty much adds up to 1 free room...Depending on price.

At least this way you don't leave without getting SOME money.

People almost always have something more done... But they have to be reminded sometimes.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'd be interested to see which method works better. I've done the Howard P/Joe Polish 100 sq ft/free room thing with a few companies I've worked with. I can say it worked for some, and not others, and IMO it had to do everything with their execution. I know it says no obligation, but you really have to do a bit of selling in order to make it work. Your attitude and set up to actually make money from the offer is what will make or break it.

I've learned people don't want to be inconvenienced, and for the most part people don't want to be inconvenient either. When you go out to perform the offer many don't know that you have time to do other work. So as you're setting up simply saying you have time to perform other work is a must. After the offer is performed you have to be ready to render more services. Don't go into it assuming you're going to get screwed and not get more work out of the deal. Your mental state plays a huge role in your physical body language, and people can see it and feel it more than you do. For owner operators its easier to have a better attitude because you depend solely on the income. But having employee(s) its very important to drill into this their heads. I've been in that position, and admittedly have noticed how my attitude has affected this specific scenario in making it work or not. Being consistent in presenting the offer from the first phone call through actually rendering work is very important, otherwise you really don't know if its working or not. That way you can properly track your results and make decisions to create a different offer based on your market, or to ramp up the offer if it is working.

G

getdusty

A lot of people miss the point of the free room offer. It's not intended to be a discount. It's a no risk way for the client to sample your work without having to spend a dime. It gives them an opportunity to meet you and see if you really are different than the other cleaners out there.

If you can deliver a great experience on that sample cleaning, you've probably earned a client for a long time. You have to look at the lifetime value of the client. You also have to consider the type of client you're trying to attract to determine if it would make sense in your business.

We love offering free rooms. Sure, we've done several that didn't go our way. But more often than not, we earn the trust of quality clients by showing them that we will put our money where our mouth is, and are willing to serve them first before they have to make any decisions.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The only calls I got on the offer of one totally free room offer was from renters that were excluded in the offer. The free room offer is offensive to your target audience because they automatically label you a bait and switch operation.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
We had no minimum on rooms to be cleaned to get the offer. It was intended to increase Protector sales. It in turned got us more scheduled apt.

People Love Free Stuff!

Some did apply more rooms of protector though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom