FREE Accounting Software

Looking for some cheap but effective accounting software for your small business?

QuickBooks Simple Start 2008 is easy-to-use, free accounting software designed to help you manage your small business better. It's from Intuit, the makers of TurboTax and Quicken. Simple Start makes estimating, invoicing, accepting payments, and keeping track of your finances quick and easy. Let Simple Start help you be ready at tax time, stay organized, and look more professional. Simple Start is for first-time QuickBooks users and can't import data from prior versions of QuickBooks Basic, Pro or Premier Editions, Quicken or Peachtree. Version 2008 lets users track thousands of customers and vendors and import data from Microsoft Excel 2000/2002/2003/2007.

Note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download (284MB).

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/ac ... ware.jhtml

Up until now, Intuit had been charging $100 for its starter accounting app. By offering a free version, Intuit stands to gain some small business customers who might have otherwise gone with Microsoft.

*Last year Microsoft began offering a free version of its accounting software, Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007

Scott

I've worked with a few carpet cleaners who used Simple Start and it doesn't do the reporting we need. They don't use it any longer.

Rob, if I were you, and knowing what you're trying to accomplish out of your business, I would go for the full-blown QB Pro. It'll set you back a couple of hundred bucks but it's the de facto small business accounting program and has TONS of support and 3rd party programs available.

I'm also a Peachtree user...and hater. If it would synch up with Camelot I would like it much better. Other than that and lack of 3rd party software, it's a good acct. program. One of these days when I have a lot of time I'll switch, which means I'll probably never switch!

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom