financing a new carpet cleaner

Lonewolf68

Ok here's the deal. I am new to the business and I am using a porty. I have learned that in some situations a porty is limited and I want to move up to a small TM. The budget I have set out for myself does not allow for me to pay the whole purchase price up front. So, what leasing or finance companies that are out there that are aggressive enough to help a new guy out. I know of Hathaway but are there any others out there? Any advice, info or humorous sarcasm would be appreciated.

Steve

TimP

I went through interlink and they worked me a deal for a new business. However I think I'm paying way too much. I'd check with butler first and see if you can get their financing. 600 a month sounds wonderfull to me and I'm sure for 7 -800 a month you can deck it out pretty nice. I really wish I went with butler right now. You can pay the payment in 2 days pretty easy and the rest of the month other than gas, insurance, taxes, marketing, and phones is pretty well yours.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is your credit good?

Darn near anyone can find financing for a new van.
Even poor credit peeps can get financed for vehicles.

If your credit is good, a loan from a bank (or even an unsecured revolving credit card) should get you $10K for a small TM

Small slide-ins aren't hard to install.
A drill, couple wrenches (and enough mechanical ability to know which end of a screw driver to use) is all you need

..L.T.A.

G

Don't waste your money on new equipment yet. Wait until you are doing at least $5,000/month and then buy a used truckmount. Cash is so important and it will be tougher on you financially with a new truckmount.

Dave

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I would take Dave's advice. The first 3 years in this business are tough. I would only take on that monthly payment if I was in a good financial situation,,if the wife can pay all the bills for 3 years or you have another job to support you. I don't know your situation,,but personally, I hate the debt monkey,,I've been in debt up to my eyeballs before and will never go down that road again,,,just trying to save you some stress! :wink:

RichardnTn

Number one consideration will be your credit score. Secondly, will probably come a down payment, 10% or so. Thirdly, will the equipment equity support the balance of the loan? Loan and leasing coming are concerned about one thing....getting their money back + interest = equity + down payment + credit score(risk involved). If a company is willing to go 100%, check the interest rate and the type of loan....Richard R

Driguy

Interlink Supply is a great place to go even if you want to Finance a used machine, or a bigger portable. They really like to work with the start up guys.

if you had your own van you could get into used prochems for around 10k, used white magics for around 8k, ( older machines ) and lower. I know Panther machines are decent for start ups. and you can get their new base models for right around 6k installed.

food for thought.

Fon Johnson

I know that many here will certainly disagree with me, but I would avoid debt. When you are building a business, it is tough to do with debt hanging over your head. This business can (and will) be a fickle lady. There will be dry spells that will make you sweat, and those are much easier to weather if you don't have to worry about a bunch of payments. A portable is a little more work, but it will get you through. I would do this: Start making a truckmount payment now, and put it in savings. I would do this for at least 6 months, or a year. If you make it a year without having trouble making that payment, you have done well. If you make extra, stick it in that account. You might find you can pay enough in to pay cash for a truckmount in a year or so. If you start that way, the tm will be a blessing instead of a curse. Truckmounts break down too, and it sucks to be making payments on something that aint workin'! If you look, you can find decent machines for five grand and under. I may be selling my old hammer eventually, and it will probably go for about seven or eight thousand truck and all. It is not brand new, but it works well. That is the kind of deal to find, but being careful not to buy junk.

Lonewolf68

I appreciate the info everyone has put out. I think that with it being so late in the year I will do as Fon suggested. Use my porty for the rest of the year and put money back. I will make it all work out. Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Steve

bubba

Do you have good business credit yet?

Business credit has nothing to do with your personal credit. It's easy to build and then you can get financing for anything you want. I personally have horrible personal credit, but in terms of business credit, I have anything I need.

The first step is to setup a Duns and Bradstreet Number ... which is free. I would also setup an LLC. I don't know if I can post a link to another website on here or not...but there is a forum that can tell you everything about setting up business credit. If you've been open for two years and have open accounts for two years...they will back date your credit for two years. You have the ability to self report.

If you don't have the volume to support a truck mount, just start saving. I bought my first machine for $2500.00 on ebay. I did eventually end up replacing everything including the engine on it. I found out today your supposed to change the oil every 50 hours... WHOOPS. No wonder my last two engines blew.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
http://www.coasttocoastleasing.com

Elliott Solway. He knows the cleaning industry. He finances new or used, any model.

Since he isn't tied to any manufacturer, he won't try to manipulate you into a different brand or push you into a more expensive unit. He'll just put together a finance package that will work for you.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would think this is a better time of the year to buy a system then in the spring

people who didn't make it are going to be sellers soon

you should be able to get some good stuff

$15,000 to $20,000 should get you a nice used system

a 10% loan at those prices starts at $318 a month and goes to $424 for a 5 year loan

leasing can vary on those prices depending on how it is set up

Fon has some good advise, if you can't save it now then you might have a hard time making the payment

One thing I might add is that if you save the money, put it into a reserve fund so you don't have to pay taxes on the money, as income, until you use it. Hopefully you have an accountant to help you with your decisions

Hathaway Capital

I dont know if you had a chance to stop by our both at connections but
feel free to give me a call 5858310571. I would be more than happy to go over the different options that we have for you and answer any other questions about new start ups that you may have so feel free to give me a call at your convenience

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
5k a mth??? well i woulda been shit outa luck...

id been years scratching myself...

heres my thought...and it goes againt what Fon and my Dad says..

Sometimes you can be stuck in a rut using old or to small of equipment...and it can take ALOT longer to try and save for it, rather then just bite the bullet and finance it...

However...do it WISELY

wired

If I were you and I had some good customer base I would buy a uses Butler . They are the most trouble free machine you can buy in my opinion. Go on there web site and see what they have. I have had several TMs and this is the most trouble free. You can buy one for around 12000 and that will do you just fine. Buy yourself a floor brush with a bucket in it and that is all you need to start out. That is how I started out and that was 14 years ago. The brush I used back then I am still using now and again for really bad I mean bad carpets. I stepped up to and RX20and a new Butler with all the bells and whistles. Hope this helps

wired

If I were you and I had some good customer base I would buy a uses Butler . They are the most trouble free machine you can buy in my opinion. Go on there web site and see what they have. I have had several TMs and this is the most trouble free. You can buy one for around 12000 and that will do you just fine. Buy yourself a floor brush with a bucket in it and that is all you need to start out. That is how I started out and that was 14 years ago. The brush I used back then I am still using now and again for really bad I mean bad carpets. I stepped up to and RX20and a new Butler with all the bells and whistles. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom