Finally signing up for Google Places - question

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i did some Search'ing on the forum here for Google Places. i read 1 post that mentioned to select "Do not show my business address on my Maps listing," because it could conflict with some organic listing thingamabob...idk the lingo or what it all means.

is this true, or should i allow it to show my address?

i don't let clients stop by the single wide :icon_cool:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
also, it offers the option for me to give a radius of miles out that i service (much easier), or else individually list each town / city.

is one better than the other??

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If your service area is a perfect circle use that option. We used the city option to cut out areas accessible only by boat.

Reactions: Derek

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Unless you run your biz out of commercial property where customers visit, do not show your address even if you allow rug/uph to be drop off at your home. If you service smaller markets around a major area it may help to individually enter in the cities that you service, for SEO purposes. There are times where you could show up in another city based on the factors in your SEO efforts.

Reactions: Derek

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
tx fellas. i took 15 minutes and just typed in all the towns & cities so hopefully that helps slightly with SEO. being mostly commercial, i made my service area about 2 hours drive time away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom