eat your heart out fellow Apartment Hacks!

Mikey P

Administrator
A 43 unit complex found us after the last guy retired.

Both owner and on site manager are micro managing all units and were looking for a johnny wholesome company like mine to provide the white glove treatment to their deluxe units.

All units have close parking, a water tap by the front door, tenants that wont be moving in for a minimum of 48 hours, pre vacuumed AND ARE WILLING TO PAY .40 a foot for cleaning and $65 per staircase (no upstairs units) all two story..

Lots of tile countertops and laminate floors to clean as well.

:rockon:

Connor

Name
Connor
Oh, well, if they want a mediocre plumber combined with bad jokes, give them my number.

Be sure they know my slogan

We're not fast, but we're expensive.

Reactions: Soxpac

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Wow, awesome Mike! I have bid on several apartment buildings over the years and usually give them my prices I was at when I started and have yet to land the first complex, but, that's ok by me. I do have a few property managers/investers with from 2-150 properties and they give me good spotting experience.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Is that .40 cash per sq ft? and how often do they clean? Every 6 months, or once a year!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Just signed a 5 year agreement on our big 200 unit complex. the 4 bedrooms I can knock out in 45 minutes(I would say what we charge but learned a competitor now browses), pre-vaced when our cleaning staff do the appliances and what not. Between the jan-san type cleaning, and the carpet, it hits around 70k for 6 weeks worth of work. Of course I'm working 60-70 hours those whole 6 weeks. Not to mention the water extractions from time to time, and the lil extras from dealing with smoking tenants having to wash the walls, and deodorize.

Marty - LOL!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
different economy / lifestyle in his 'hood compared to 95% of the rest of us...makes sense to me.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sucks to be you than I guess Porky

I had over 40 new customers find us via the interwebs/Yelp in January.

With a $440 average you tell me if it was worth the $300 I spend with them each month.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't be so defensive Herman. I wish Yelp was used here by more people. If it was, I'd inflate all my numbers and post them more too.

Able 1

Name
Keith
What really amazes me is you still have customers... 13% income tax?!

Well I'm not for raising taxes, but it couldn't have happened to a better bunch.... Obama voters!:oldrolleyes::icon_razz:

Sounds like a good account though! I have one that is managed pretty well, and I did $40,000 from them last year. Best part of jobs like that is they usually let you do them when you want on a specific day so you can just use them as filler.. The account that I have has kept things more consistent without advertizing, and it's a great way to expand to another truck. Service is a must though if you don't serve the shit out of them, they will find someone that will.

Best way to have them schedule for me is by email, or else you will be on the phone with them WAY too much!! I tell them if it is an emergency call right away, but if it's just to schedule, shoot me an email. The biggest company I work for has around 5-600 units. For a place that has 42 units I would only get 2-4 rentals a month around here.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mikey my reply was directed at hogjowls comment about his .40 psf cash, the only restaurant I hve that pays dearly only cleans once every 4-6 months

F

FB7777

Nobody could possibly take you seriously Marty... You have 3 gears on here

The IDGAS quip

Calling people out as liars if they post anything higher priced than you can snag after 25 years

And this new one you're working on where you ask help from a board based on what a customer tells you on the phone without actually inspecting the job first and if still stumped take a picture

Why don't you re-invent yourself over on XaNax board like Radar and whine about losing a high end customer

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When ever I hear people from kalifornica say prices I always divide it by half and that is the real number you would compare it to here and around the country.

So 20 cents a square is a really good price for apartments if you can get it.

But I caution you that when Pedro comes around and knocks on their door and does it for 10 cents a sq ft you are out of there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom