Dog Hair

Name
Austin Willoughby
How are guys handling years of dog hair on rugs and carpets? I recently cleaned some neglected carpet and rugs and I let them know it will need a follow up cleaning to really get it 90 percent or better clean. Also they would need to vaccum a few more times over the next few days to get the majority of the dog hair out. Now to be transparent my rates are pretty basic and I'm only running part time so I'm not offering full blow life changing cleaning at the moment but plan to in the future.

20230925_153159.jpg 20230925_161230.jpg 20230925_151806.jpg 20230925_171954.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
CRB’s cause corn rowing. Don’t tell me it doesn’t. I bought a GLS in the mid 90’s and used it like it was a gift from Heaven, until I wised up and saw the damage it was causing. Before one of you automatrons say anything about the brush I was using, I have all three.

Use your vacuum the next time too.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
CRB’s cause corn rowing. Don’t tell me it doesn’t. I bought a GLS in the mid 90’s and used it like it was a gift from Heaven, until I wised up and saw the damage it was causing. Before one of you automatrons say anything about the brush I was using, I have all three.

Use your vacuum the next time too.
I see some guys using hair removal grooming tools. Any input on that?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
No offense, this is business. If you are just breaking intoi this business, just be aware you are planting your seeds. It may be your plan to clean for only this kind of residentioal cheap work. But I guarantee there is money in striking distance. There has to be, because its expensive anywhere to find a place to live or invest in.

Now is your chance to do high end result work. Separate yourself. Before I stepped foot into someones house that I did not know or was not family, I got IICRC certified. Then new equipment, then all in. Even if you dont go all in, you can still do premium work. Such a little investment in yourself and equipment ($) for the high end results.

It seems what you did with the rug was average, to good. Nothing for the customer to brag to her friends. If that bedroom didnt wick back at all that looked pretty decent. This would have really helped you with the rug. It will get em all.

I tried attacthing to a rake stick, it was a Pia, didnt work good, hard to store. As is works the best for me.

1696157448492.png

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
No offense, this is business. If you are just breaking intoi this business, just be aware you are planting your seeds. It may be your plan to clean for only this kind of residentioal cheap work. But I guarantee there is money in striking distance. There has to be, because its expensive anywhere to find a place to live or invest in.

Now is your chance to do high end result work. Separate yourself. Before I stepped foot into someones house that I did not know or was not family, I got IICRC certified. Then new equipment, then all in. Even if you dont go all in, you can still do premium work. Such a little investment in yourself and equipment ($) for the high end results.

It seems what you did with the rug was average, to good. Nothing for the customer to brag to her friends. If that bedroom didnt wick back at all that looked pretty decent. This would have really helped you with the rug. It will get em all.

I tried attacthing to a rake stick, it was a Pia, didnt work good, hard to store. As is works the best for me.

View attachment 124666

Hsaiiae 60" Adjustable Long Handle Metal Pet Hair Remover, Pet Hair Rake, Rug Rake, Durable Carpet Rake for Pet Hair Removal, Lint Remover Scraper for Rugs, Mats, Couch, Stairs, Black https://a.co/d/gdsL1jt

Name
jack zerkie
Some people don't care they love their pets first. Keeping the house clean is not part of their life style . No matter how well you clean their life style goes on. So next time you return the same thing will be there. You have to just do the best job you can and move on to the next job. Not all jobs are created equal. jz

Name
Austin Willoughby

View attachment 124666
Thanks for the tips. Doing this part time only for fun until well in the future before I jump back full time. This is more of a experimenting phase so I can perfect my craft. I'm currently charging average to good rates bc there's not much competition around me. I'm more trying to create a customer base. I'll have to grab one of these. Ik I've seen others use them and wondered how well they worked.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Austin Willoughby
Actually I don't think there's anything remotely hefty about the Kirby beater bar, you want to see hefty look at the Oreck.
True true. My parents have been running orecks for years with there residential cleaning business and honestly I didn't even think about the oreck. I need to get one to put on the truck along side the Kirby. Wonder which one put performs the other?

Name
Austin Willoughby
Hsaiiae 60" Adjustable Long Handle Metal Pet Hair Remover, Pet Hair Rake, Rug Rake, Durable Carpet Rake for Pet Hair Removal, Lint Remover Scraper for Rugs, Mats, Couch, Stairs, Black https://a.co/d/gdsL1jt
I've seen these numerous times but wondered if they worked. That's why I asked on here to see what guys are using that have been put through the test. Have you used this one?

Name
Austin Willoughby
I've seen these numerous times but wondered if they worked. That's why I asked on here to see what guys are using that have put them through the test. Have you used this one
Some people don't care they love their pets first. Keeping the house clean is not part of their life style . No matter how well you clean their life style goes on. So next time you return the same thing will be there. You have to just do the best job you can and move on to the next job. Not all jobs are created equal. jz
Yep ik this to be the case this job and trust me when I say it will be just as bad next time. I'm more asking in regards to when I run across one that maybe the customer doenst have Pets anymore so I can get it nearly new. Something along those lines

Name
jack zerkie
I've seen these numerous times but wondered if they worked. That's why I asked on here to see what guys are using that have put them through the test. Have you used this one

Yep ik this to be the case this job and trust me when I say it will be just as bad next time. I'm more asking in regards to when I run across one that maybe the customer doenst have Pets anymore so I can get it nearly new. Something along those lines
Ok the dog is dead that's a start. LOTS of VACUMING the I use Carpet designs a no soap item the owner has used bottles of resolve in the carpets. You might have to use a 175 roto to get a good clean then slowly extract with very hot water or your choise of a rinse .You have to try different things on each job until you find the products that work best for you and the equipment you use things will get better with time. Just rembember nothing works all the time on some jobs. jz

Name
Austin Willoughby
Ok the dog is dead that's a start. LOTS of VACUMING the I use Carpet designs a no soap item the owner has used bottles of resolve in the carpets. You might have to use a 175 roto to get a good clean then slowly extract with very hot water or your choise of a rinse .You have to try different things on each job until you find the products that work best for you and the equipment you use things will get better with time. Just rembember nothing works all the time on some jobs. jz
Gotta love the I cleaned it with some products from the store and got most the stain out... like alright thanks for making my job harder lol. So really just vacuuming the hell out of it is the best way. Those hair removal tools worth it or not really?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom