Do you tell your customers this?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm always asked about what's best for the home. Hard surfaces or carpet?

From a cleaning and maintenance point of view I can tell you that all surfaces will need some form of periodic maintenance. Both professional and do it yourself type cleaning and protecting is important. The problem with hard surfaces is there is nothing there to trap the dust and grime so it ends up just floating around the room and into the air you breath. Carpet will actually trap the airborne particles until you have a chance to vacuum them out (use a HEPA filter on your vacuum). Once it becomes too much you will need a professional cleaning.

The hardest carpets to clean are the ones that don’t get a regular vacuuming from the tenant or owner. Hard surfaces make a room noisy and cold so more often than not there will be an area rug in the room as well. Those need to be cleaned too.

At the end of the day it’s more a preference thing. If you like the wood, install it. If you like the carpet, keep it. Both have their maintenance issues, wear issues and appearance issues. I always tell people that they need to live in their home. So really, make the choice that makes you feel good about your living environment. The mainenance will always be there.

I find this is one of the most asked questions.

You?

P

Phoenix Phil

Nice comments to make. Everytime you walk on a hard surface you stir up dust while on carpet that's not the case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom